Ivy League Fall sports decision Wednesday

SJR89

5 minutes ago, ngdawg said:

Whatever. I'll take @Norcalnut's advice here.

In the meantime, similar to your analysis of the perfomances in the Eilte 11 QB thread, I'll be interested to see what you think of the various Percussion units as they compete in the Heart of Georgia Marching Band Invitational this year. Your posts on the QBs weren't bad, so I'm excited for what you can share regarding your other interest, and particularly how the tempo of the bands are kept on the big stage of such a competition.

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, maxchoboian said:

In the meantime, similar to your analysis of the perfomances in the Eilte 11 QB thread, I'll be interested to see what you think of the various Percussion units as they compete in the Heart of Georgia Marching Band Invitational this year. Your posts on the QBs weren't bad, so I'm excited for what you can share regarding your other interest, and particularly how the tempo of the bands are kept on the big stage of such a competition.

Easy. But the sarcasm is too real for me to ignore. If you were serious, I'd do it.

Just now, maxchoboian said:

Sarcasm?

Yeah. There's not one person on this planet who would genuinely like to hear about marching band, especially on a football forum. We usually don't get respect, so I'm surprised when someone is actually curious. Therefore, I made the assumption that what you said was sarcastic.

25 minutes ago, ngdawg said:

Yeah. There's not one person on this planet who would genuinely like to hear about marching band, especially on a football forum. We usually don't get respect, so I'm surprised when someone is actually curious. Therefore, I made the assumption that what you said was sarcastic.

Throw the records out the window when Legacy HS and Air Academy HS get together in a competition. Keep in mind that 2017 was a relatively weak year for Colorado marchings bands, but these mofos brought it nonetheless. I'd like to see OOS competition between Legacy and West Monroe, or Allen, or something like that. It would have to be a 2-year home and home though.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, maxchoboian said:

Throw the records out the window when Legacy HS and Air Academy HS get together in a competition. Keep in mind that 2017 was a relatively weak year for Colorado marchings bands, but these mofos brought it nonetheless. I'd like to see OOS competition between Legacy and West Monroe, or Allen, or something like that. It would have to be a 2-year home and home though.

Very funny. And if you think this is one of the better bands in the country, you'd be incorrect. Try Texas and Indiana for real competition. All the great bands compete at Bands of America Grand Nationals in Indianapolis yearly. Side note: the ballad of this show (the slow part in the middle) is one of my favorite pieces of music ever. It's called the Hymn of Acxiom. The Bluecoats Drum and Bugle Corps played that in 2014, and it was honestly amazing. But I wouldn't expect you all to relate, which is alright.

14 minutes ago, ngdawg said:

Very funny. And if you think this is one of the better bands in the country, you'd be incorrect. 

Well, did I mention that 2017 was a relatively weak year for marching bands in Colorado?

Are you implying that they'd be "Norcrossed" if they went against an Indiana foe?

• Haha 4

5 minutes ago, maxchoboian said:

Well, did I mention that 2017 was a relatively weak year for marching bands in Colorado?

Are you implying that they'd be "Norcrossed" if they went against an Indiana foe?

Whatever dude. But hey, I don't mind Norcross being made fun of. Definitely a great pleasure. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Why you gotta go “regional bias” don’t you got pot to smoke?

bgw

Welp, keep checking things off this list, and that one is taken care of now too. Thanks for the reminder.

Which gets me to thinkin', anyone else feel smarter just being in an Ivy League thread?

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, maxchoboian said:

Welp, keep checking things off this list, and that one is taken care of now too. Thanks for the reminder.

Which gets me to thinkin', anyone else feel smarter just being in an Ivy League thread?

Me. Especially knowing that I won't get into one.

3 minutes ago, maxchoboian said:

Lol reminds me of SR year when I applied to Princeton dust so I can have a rejection letter from them

• Haha 2