Ivy League Fall sports decision Wednesday

SJR89

1 minute ago, HSFBfan said:

Of course. Thousands if not millions of people have died in this country over opposing viewpoints

We even had a governmental duel. 

See I believe you can have a discussion without emotion. Once emotion starts the conversation should probably end as it won't go anywhere but to anger or other negative emotions 

Yeah, I see. But emotion is what began the conversation of independence initially. American colonists were angered (emotion) at the British's taxation on paper, tea, glass, and other valuable commodities. As a result, they released their anger by dumping tea in Boston Harbor. Anger and pride fueled the American Revolution and resulted in our independence. And those are emotions. Just my take on this.

7 minutes ago, LT4Spartan06 said:

@AztecPadre @BUFORDGAWOLVES @LiberalDonaldTrump

Are you guys thinking what I'm thinking? He slow played it a little better this time but.....

I'm not him. This has been brought up before, and I have already opened myself to questions about North Gwinnett that you cannot find the answer to online. If this isn't enough proof, I don't know what is. We don't need the Salem Witch Trials all over again lol.

Just now, ngdawg said:

Yeah, I see. But emotion is what began the conversation of independence initially. American colonists were angered (emotion) at the British's taxation on paper, tea, glass, and other valuable commodities. As a result, they released their anger by dumping tea in Boston Harbor. Anger and pride fueled the American Revolution and resulted in our independence. And those are emotions. Just my take on this.

Yes i agree. Like i said it led to people dying and for a good cause but we tried not to go down that route before the events that you stated. We tried the logical conversation route it didn't work 

3 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

Yes i agree. Like i said it led to people dying and for a good cause but we tried not to go down that route before the events that you stated. We tried the logical conversation route it didn't work 

True, we did. The Olive Branch Petition was our attempt at peace. However, Britain simply overlooked it. It was emotion that won us the Revolutionary War. In my mind, this proves that emotion can be a great calling for change, and we must embrace emotion within reason for change to occur. These civilized debates are ones I enjoy, because the other person doesn't get frustrated when their viewpoint is opposed.

Just now, ngdawg said:

True, we did. The Olive Branch Petition was our attempt at peace. However, Britain simply overlooked it. It was emotion that won us the Revolutionary War. In my mind, this proves that emotion can be a great calling for change, and we must embrace emotion within reason for change to occur. These civilized debates are ones I enjoy, because the other person doesn't get frustrated when their viewpoint is opposed.

Yes but today emotion is completely overblown. Its not a cause like the american revolution. We have people that live here who just hate this country. Society left them behind and they want someone to blame and certain people gave them someone to blame. No different than hitler. He gave the masses someone to blame. Led to millions dead 

Yes but today emotion is completely overblown. Its not a cause like the american revolution. We have people that live here who just hate this country. Society left them behind and they want someone to blame and certain people gave them someone to blame. No different than hitler. He gave the masses someone to blame. Led to millions dead 

I disagree with this, but we are all entitled to our views. Today, emotion is used a platform for civil change. Whether we all would like to admit it or not, there are things that need to improve in terms of equality. I believe the right amount of emotion is the perfect springboard for change. Also, I don't like being a robot stripped of emotion. That's like Rush Propst from Colquitt County. Just had to throw that in there, don't hate me South Georgians.

1 minute ago, SJR89 said:

especially since  he is a newbie does have the historical context of all the nonsense HSFBfan has put out there on this forum.....

@ngdawg

I am just basing my opinions off of what I have seen since I joined this forum. And at the moment, HSFBfan seems to know how to continue a conversation without overheating like the other robots here.

1 minute ago, SJR89 said:

especially since  he is a newbie does have the historical context of all the nonsense HSFBfan has put out there on this forum.....

@ngdawg

I'm sure you'll remind him. 

But again you call what I have to say crap instead of a dialogue. Since I can simply say the same about everything u post being absolute crap as well. 

Doesn't get the conversation to go anywhere 

1 minute ago, ngdawg said:

I am just basing my opinions off of what I have seen since I joined this forum. And at the moment, HSFBfan seems to know how to continue a conversation without overheating like the other robots here.

yep i do. Trust me I have about 20 people on ignore because it does no good to talk to some people 

1 minute ago, The Guru said:

I never said it was. You can not be a wimp and not be uneducated.

I'm about to start ignoring you.

Go ahead and ignore me. There are other posters here who will recognize my level-headedness. Sad to see you ignore me based simply off of one conversation. We could have had promising discussions about sports. Oh well.

• Like 1

But again you call what I have to say crap instead of a dialogue. Since I can simply say the same about everything u post being absolute crap as well.

But when we say that your stuff is crap we can actually back it up and articulate why.

You can't.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ngdawg said:

Go ahead and ignore me. There are other posters here who will recognize my level-headedness.

What you and others see as level-headedness I see as being an uninteresting and boring wimp who will never say anything insightful or educational.

2 minutes ago, ngdawg said:

Sad to see you ignore me based simply off of one conversation. We could have had promising discussions about sports. Oh well.

It's not a one-off.

Your entire approach to conversation is silly and milquetoast. No wonder you're making great friends with the board's resident dumbass.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, ngdawg said:

We could have had promising discussions about sports. Oh well.

How?

You don't have anything to say about anything. You just go around like a sissy telling everybody that their opinion is valuable and they have a right to make choices, blah, blah.

Again, this will go over well with Kindergarten level individuals like @HSFBfan.