Ivy League Fall sports decision Wednesday

SJR89

1 minute ago, The Guru said:

A flaw in your ability to judge.

Here is something to understand. Just because I may or may not disagree with the political views of others on here doesn't mean I disagree with everything they say. If they make a valid argument about sports, I will either agree or challenge them. It does not depend to me whether you are Republican or Democrat. I try to have an unbiased view that is simply dependent on a person's ability to converse in sports. I'm not even old enough to vote, and I don't take sides yet in these political discussions. But that doesn't mean I can't accept the athletic viewpoints of Republicans such as @HSFBfan. I mean, sure. I don't think Trump is the greatest president to grace the face of this planet. But just because someone supports him doesn't make their opinion less valuable in my opinion. I try to keep an open mind free of judgement.

Just now, ngdawg said:

Here is something to understand. Just because I may or may not disagree with the political views of others on here doesn't mean I disagree with everything they say. If they make a valid argument about sports, I will either agree or challenge them. It does not depend to me whether you are Republican or Democrat. I try to have an unbiased view that is simply dependent on a person's ability to converse in sports. I'm not even old enough to vote, and I don't take sides yet in these political discussions. But that doesn't mean I can't accept the athletic viewpoints of Republicans such as @HSFBfan. I mean, sure. I don't think Trump is the greatest president to grace the face of this planet. But just because someone supports him doesn't make their opinion less valuable in my opinion. I try to keep an open mind free of judgement.

It's not just about Trump.

@HSFBfan is a verified moron. Pretty much everything he says is stupid.

And, yes, supporting Trump is also one of those stupid things.

1 minute ago, ngdawg said:

And that is hard to find in an individual keep those values it will suit you well

Like i told u hell spew off at the mouth with no real opinion on anything. Just opinion after opinion based on nothing 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

Which is fine. I was just confirming I do have a huge problem with ck. So that statement is true 

Yep, everyone has differing views. Some say he disrespects the flag while others say he stands for equality. We have the freedom to take it in the way we see fit.

Just now, ngdawg said:

Yep, everyone has differing views. Some say he disrespects the flag while others say he stands for equality. We have the freedom to take it in the way we see fit.

You need to grow up and learn how to actually have an educated opinion.

You're wishy washy.

Chicks don't like that.

Just now, ngdawg said:

Yep we do. The problem is everything becomes emotional and with emotions you don't have a clear head. It usually doesn't end in a rationale discussion 

Just now, The Guru said:

It's not just about Trump.

@HSFBfan is a verified moron. Pretty much everything he says is stupid.

And, yes, supporting Trump is also one of those stupid things.

Supporting Trump is a choice people make. I must trust that some people are educated enough to know who they are supporting. And I don't see a formal verification that @HSFBfan is a moron. In fact, in my honest opinion, he has advanced this conversation and contributed more to it than you have. Now, don't jump and say that I support him because I support Trump. I don't. Then again, I don't support Biden either. I am just looking through unbiased lenses.

1 minute ago, HSFBfan said:

Yep we do. The problem is everything becomes emotional and with emotions you don't have a clear head. It usually doesn't end in a rationale discussion 

A person must be capable of rational discussion first in order to be rational.

You have a long enough track record that everybody knows that you're not.

2 minutes ago, The Guru said:

You need to grow up and learn how to actually have an educated opinion.

You're wishy washy.

Chicks don't like that.

Maybe I should rephrase what I said. I have an opinion. I choose not to share it. And don't worry about chicks, I wasn't going to get them either way.

Just now, ngdawg said:

Supporting Trump is a choice people make. I must trust that some people are educated enough to know who they are supporting. And I don't see a formal verification that @HSFBfan is a moron. In fact, in my honest opinion, he has advanced this conversation and contributed more to it than you have. Now, don't jump and say that I support him because I support Trump. I don't. Then again, I don't support Biden either. I am just looking through unbiased lenses.

I appreciate it. Again like I told u many conversations on here go around and around in the same circle. I look to advance conversations. I post more articles on here esp on the other side of the forum than anyone. 

Good point. However, I will only contest that human nature is built on emotion. If we eliminate emotion from society and solely focus on material gain, our country will fall apart. Emotion is a vital factor for change, both socially and politically. It should not be entirely out of the discussion in my opinion. There just needs to be the right balance.

Just now, The Guru said:

Now you're just putting me to sleep with your inane and silly posts.

Nobody needs to be reminded of these things.

You sound like a Hallmark card.

Then go to sleep. It actually seems to be a good time for a mid-afternoon nap. You may have convinced me to take one soon.

• Like 1

Just now, ngdawg said:

Good point. However, I will only contest that human nature is built on emotion. If we eliminate emotion from society and solely focus on material gain, our country will fall apart. Emotion is a vital factor for change, both socially and politically. It should not be entirely out of the discussion in my opinion. There just needs to be the right balance.

Emotion leads to bad things. Emotions lead to no discussions and the things you say today. 

You have to take emotion out of things and think rationally. There is a reason I love the law. The law has 0 room for emotion. Its based on fact and other decisions that were made. 

I appreciate it. Again like I told u many conversations on here go around and around in the same circle. I look to advance conversations. I post more articles on here esp on the other side of the forum than anyone. 

I will never shy away from educated and civilized debate, regardless of the topic. Although I do prefer sports because it's something that always stays interesting. 

Just now, ngdawg said:

I will never shy away from educated and civilized debate, regardless of the topic. Although I do prefer sports because it's something that always stays interesting. 

I agree. Sports is great. I love sports. My whole life is about sports. But people get overly emotional about that too. Myself included 

• Like 1

Just now, HSFBfan said:

Emotion leads to bad things. Emotions lead to no discussions and the things you say today. 

You have to take emotion out of things and think rationally. There is a reason I love the law. The law has 0 room for emotion. Its based on fact and other decisions that were made. 

See, I disagree. I feel that there should be a good balance of both. And there's no problem with your views, we are each unique. I feel that emotion is a platform for change. However, others may not feel that way. There is one thing everyone can agree on, though. It's that this country has always been built on differing viewpoints.

3 minutes ago, ngdawg said:

I will never shy away from educated and civilized debate, regardless of the topic.

That's exactly what you're doing by saying milquestoast, wimpy things like everybody has an opinion and supporting Trump is a choice.

You're wasting everybody's time.

1 minute ago, The Guru said:

That's exactly what you're doing by saying milquestoast, wimpy things like everybody has an opinion and supporting Trump is a choice.

Your wasting everybody's time.

Sorry you feel that way. If I seem to be wasting your time, feel free to leave. There is no requirement that you must listen to the conversation I am engaged in. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ngdawg said:

See, I disagree. I feel that there should be a good balance of both. And there's no problem with your views, we are each unique. I feel that emotion is a platform for change. However, others may not feel that way. There is one thing everyone can agree on, though. It's that this country has always been built on differing viewpoints.

Of course. Thousands if not millions of people have died in this country over opposing viewpoints

We even had a governmental duel. 

See I believe you can have a discussion without emotion. Once emotion starts the conversation should probably end as it won't go anywhere but to anger or other negative emotions