Ivy League Fall sports decision Wednesday

SJR89

you as usual just do not get it.....they moved first to cancel the spring season ...everyone thought they were crazy and then 2 days later when the nba players tested positive... everyone else across the country fell in line with the Ivy league ....so would say people respected what the Ivy league did and yes....this will have influence....Rutgers decision is coming soon as well.....

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, SJR89 said:

you as usual just do not get it.....they moved first to cancel the spring season ...everyone thought they were crazy and then 2 days later when the nba players tested positive... everyone else across the country fell in line with the Ivy league ....so would say people respected what the Ivy league did and yes....this will have influence....Rutgers decision is coming soon as well.....

So you really think they are gonna make a move that would lead to a 4 billion dollar loss. I dont see it happening 

Esp in the sec who keeps saying they are moving to play. 

If u move football to the spring it screws with baseball and lacrosse having them lose money 

So the ivy league and Rutgers. 2 things 99% of college football fans don't give a damn about is gonna determine the direction of college football. That's just scary

• Like 1

well your Alabama along with other idiot south football schools ...getting players infected on purpose probably has not helped along with the fact..the entire south did not shut down......I think we have HS football in New Jersey if there is no substantial spike...if there is our Gov can just cancel it all.....right now...If you lived in Texas or Florida or other southern states ....your Football season is in serious jeopardy right now.... 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, SJR89 said:

well your Alabama along with other idiot south football schools ...getting players infected on purpose probably has not helped along with the fact..the entire south did not shut down......I think we have HS football in New Jersey if there is no substantial spike...if there is our Gov can just cancel it all.....right now...If you lived in Texas or Florida or other southern states ....your Football season is in serious jeopardy right now.... 

Florida schools has been ordered open. So since the schools will be open im sure there will be a football season.

And now that international students won't be allowed to be part of online only colleges this fall having them lose money lets see how fast they open their schools

Money the driving force behind everything 

You have to open. Remember the whole thr cure cant be worse than the virus. Well the last 3 months has proved the cure has become worse than the virus 

• Like 1

D3 Centennial Conference cancelled fall football and postponed all other fall sports till mid-September yesterday. Centennial includes schools like Johns Hopkins, Franklin & Marshall and Swarthmore. I would assume the Ivy League would do something similar as a fellow high-academic conference.

The Centennial and Ivy League are well-established schools with huge endowments, they can take the hit of not playing this year. Many small colleges will play this fall at any cost for the same reason the P5 schools will: money. The dirty secret in college athletics is that D3 sports are more profitable than sports at most non-P5 schools. A lot of them have between 30-50% of their entire student body participating in athletics.

A D3 school with an enrollment of 1,500 might have 150 kids on the football team. They give no athletic scholarships. If the school costs $50k and each of those kids on average pays even half tuition, that's $3.75 million a year they make off football players. Football expenses are minimal: $100k for the HC and $100k for the rest of the staff salary pool and those are both on the high end. All travel is on buses and usually very regional. Most post-game meals are taken care of by the parents and pre-game meals are in the school's dining hall. You're talking maybe $250-500k in expenses to run an average D3 football program for a profit of $3.25-3.5 million a year.

If you don't play this fall and even half of those 150 football players choose not to enroll for the year or transfer to a school that is playing, you're talking about a catastrophic loss of money that could force a lot of colleges to close.

6 minutes ago, eaglesinsider said:

D3 Centennial Conference cancelled fall football and postponed all other fall sports till mid-September yesterday. Centennial includes schools like Johns Hopkins, Franklin & Marshall and Swarthmore. I would assume the Ivy League would do something similar as a fellow high-academic conference.

The Centennial and Ivy League are well-established schools with huge endowments, they can take the hit of not playing this year. Many small colleges will play this fall at any cost for the same reason the P5 schools will: money. The dirty secret in college athletics is that D3 sports are more profitable than sports at most non-P5 schools. A lot of them have between 30-50% of their entire student body participating in athletics.

A D3 school with an enrollment of 1,500 might have 150 kids on the football team. They give no athletic scholarships. If the school costs $50k and each of those kids on average pays even half tuition, that's $3.75 million a year they make off football players. Football expenses are minimal: $100k for the HC and $100k for the rest of the staff salary pool and those are both on the high end. All travel is on buses and usually very regional. Most post-game meals are taken care of by the parents and pre-game meals are in the school's dining hall. You're talking maybe $250-500k in expenses to run an average D3 football program for a profit of $3.25-3.5 million a year.

If you don't play this fall and even half of those 150 football players choose not to enroll for the year or transfer to a school that is playing, you're talking about a catastrophic loss of money that could force a lot of colleges to close.

Bingo. It'll come down to money and in the end money wins

I was under the belief we would have college football bc of all that you have mentioned above...especially the economic impact the but the reckless nature of the population of the south has put that in jeopardy.....for instance...the big ten may play...and some schools may opt out but they will cancel there OOS games......once again ....the people in the southeast and southwest are asshats......

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

The three core Centennial schools that don’t offer football (Haverford, Swarthmore and Washington) will be unfazed. 

Even the Centennial football schools will be unfazed was the point I was trying to make. F&M has an endowment north of $400 million, Hopkins is in the billions. Everyone else is $100+ million. Also kids will be less likely to transfer from a Hopkins then they would from a FDU due to the nature of the education.

A school like Wesley or Albright needs football this fall if they want to survive as a school

1 minute ago, SJR89 said:

I was under the belief we would have college football bc of all that you have mentioned above...especially the economic impact the but the reckless nature of the population of the south has put that in jeopardy.....for instance...the big ten may play...and some schools may opt out but they will cancel there OOS games......once again ....the people in the southeast and southwest are asshats......

So u don't blame the millions of protestors? No just the football players in the south and southwest 

How about the fact that disease just spreads everyday and nobody really cares. People care today because the media will shove it down ur throat in an election year. 

We have lost .5% of the population which means 99.5% of the population is alive.

Florida is open for business. 

1 minute ago, HSFBfan said:

How about the fact that disease just spreads everyday and nobody really cares. People care today because the media will shove it down ur throat in an election year.

I think the fact that idiots in the South don't care about the spread of the virus was his actual point, numbnuts.

• Haha 1

Just now, HSFBfan said:

Idk when personal choice left this country but its sad that individuals can't make up a decision for themselves. That we let government tells us how to live 

You're just stupid. So you repeat tired lines like this.

In fact, we put a government in place to govern the population as such. What other purpose would it have?

Idiots like you are the type of people who are throwing tantrums in Costco's all across the country right now. That's a private business. This has nothing to do with government tyranny and everything to do with disagreeable and uneducated retards like you who wouldn't know whether to shit or wind his watch without someone telling him to.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, HSFBfan said:

Are students allowed to transfer if that doesn't work for them??

why would you transfer from an Ivy league school ?  those would be some bad parents to let your son or daughter transfer bc of sports while your at an ivy league. school......for seniors last spring in lacrosse etc.....they were granted an extra year if needed for this spring....but hell no

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, SJR89 said:

why would you transfer from an Ivy league school ?  those would be some bad parents to let your son or daughter transfer bc of sports while your at an ivy league. school......for seniors last spring in lacrosse etc.....they were granted an extra year if needed for this spring....but hell no

because I wanna play fall sports and than a spring sport. 

I dont wanna be hindered in my athletic abilities 

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, HSFBfan said:

because I wanna play fall sports and than a spring sport. 

I dont wanna be hindered in my athletic abilities 

Your dumb ass would never even be allowed to walk on Ivy League grounds let alone enroll in one of their schools.

This is a decision that you would never have to make.

• Haha 2