Best of 2009: Lake Travis vs Don Bosco Prep (NJ)

ChimpGrip

Just now, ChimpGrip said:

True.

I just don't believe the top of NJ can beat the top of Texas. 

Yes those bosco teams were very good. Very stout defense. Very hard to move the ball. But I think the Texas teams would wear them down as the game went on. 

We've been asking for years to see nj vs Texas has never happened 

Just now, HSFBfan said:

Yes those bosco teams were very good. Very stout defense. Very hard to move the ball. But I think the Texas teams would wear them down as the game went on. 

Unfathomable stupidity.

Stock statements like your first line are so silly and are usually spouted by fanboys with no clue or context attached to them.

Lake Travis was a 4A team. That's not the top level of Texas high school football. They beat Longview by 7. They beat something called Alamo Heights, 27-13. They beat Steele by 7. They gave 31 points to Westwood. They gave up 31 points to Killeen.

So they were a 4A team that played no defense.

But they'd beat 2009 Don Bosco? We're being asked if any top 10 teams would beat them?

😄

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The Guru said:

Unfathomable stupidity.

Stock statements like your first line are so silly and are usually spouted by fanboys with no clue or context attached to them.

Lake Travis was a 4A team. That's not the top level of Texas high school football. They beat Longview by 7. They beat something called Alamo Heights, 27-13. They beat Steele by 7. They gave 31 points to Westwood. They gave up 31 points to Killeen.

So they were a 4A team that played no defense.

But they'd beat 2009 Don Bosco? We're being asked if any top 10 teams would beat them?

😄

Which is exactly what you are slapnuts

You have never played or coached a game in your life so you are nothing but a fanboy posing as someone important in which you are not

29 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

Would still love to see NJ vs TX

Abilene vs DBP in 2009 would have been interesting to see. LT vs DBP in 2011 would have been another good year for them to square off.

Just now, ChimpGrip said:

Would still love to see NJ vs TX

Abilene vs DBP in 2009 would have been interesting to see. LT vs DBP in 2011 would have been another good year for them to square off.

Probably will never happen. I stopped hoping for it long ago. It was def intriguing but as the years went by the hope of it happened faded away. 

I rarely post on this side of the board as my interest of hs football as wane as NJ football as kinda went backwards in oos games 

10 hours ago, HSFBfan said:

Not with that attitude!

I don't see LT wearing down Bosco (esp in December at Metlife, lol). what venue, time and day they playing the game would matter.I do believe.  a bigger TX school maybe on the depth issue, maybe.

31 minutes ago, sausmann9 said:

Not with that attitude!

I don't see LT wearing down Bosco (esp in December at Metlife, lol). what venue, time and day they playing the game would matter.I do believe.  a bigger TX school maybe on the depth issue, maybe.

A two-game series

December 2009 

Game 1 : MetLife Stadium 

Game 2 : Alamodome 

Someone in the LT program told me (during the summer of 2010) that LT reached out and offered to fly to NJ and play DBP but they declined. Don’t know if that’s true, but I don’t think he would lie to me 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ChimpGrip said:

A two-game series

December 2009 

Game 1 : MetLife Stadium 

Game 2 : Alamodome 

Someone in the LT program told me (during the summer of 2010) that LT reached out and offered to fly to NJ and play DBP but they declined. Don’t know if that’s true, but I don’t think he would lie to me 🤷‍♂️

split wins.  

I miss the alamodome.  wish I went to more games there when I was at Brooks.  I did follow Judson always for the 92 and 93 seasons tho.  That was fun !!!  

Texas heat is different catagory all together.  Just like Georgia humidity, nothing else like it.

10 hours ago, sausmann9 said:

split wins.  

I miss the alamodome.  wish I went to more games there when I was at Brooks.  I did follow Judson always for the 92 and 93 seasons tho.  That was fun !!!  

Texas heat is different catagory all together.  Just like Georgia humidity, nothing else like it.

Would have been interesting to see how DBP would have handled a late August game in Lakeway. 

• Like 1

On 7/9/2020 at 12:03 PM, ChimpGrip said:

Would have been interesting to see how DBP would have handled a late August game in Lakeway. 

I know others closer to the program will agree w/ this statement so the Coach Toal Bosco teams are about the only team I could think of that would be "conditioned" to a level that it wouldn't be an issue.  ANY other team, I mean ANY team from NJ, PA, OH, MD, NY etc... I wouldn't even bring it up.  I know there are coaches in each of those states that have their players "conditioned" but not for an August game in downtown Texas.  I survived the summer heat watching Judson practice and play, fuck it was HOT!!!

• Haha 1