Severe Hornet Infestation

ChimpGrip

7 minutes ago, ChimpGrip said:

What would you do if your home had a hornet infestation? Where you could occasionally find a live hornet or two in any room in your house at any time? Most likely, you’d have many thousands of hornets in your walls and or attic. 

What would you do here? 

Is this supposed to be a trick question?    E X T E R M I N A T O R

8 minutes ago, ChimpGrip said:

Let’s say exterminator is not an option

That would be unfortunate.  I would think you find a service with the right inspection equipment to determine the extent of the infestation and once you know what you are truly up against, you plan from there.

I’ve seen where people have drilled holes into the areas with the greatest concentrations and then vacuumed them away for eventual live release if that’s a concern.  

Hornets, like most bees get agitated by vibration.  If you’ve got an air compressor, you can pick up air powered vibrators McMaster Carr Supply, and place them on the walls and just vibrate.  The hornets may become initially excited but if they can’t stop the vibration, they may just go.  This approach takes time though and you’ll need to be away from the premises.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, On2whls said:

That would be unfortunate.  I would think you find a service with the right inspection equipment to determine the extent of the infestation and once you know what you are truly up against, you plan from there.

I’ve seen where people have drilled holes into the areas with the greatest concentrations and then vacuumed them away for eventual live release if that’s a concern.  

Hornets, like most bees get agitated by vibration.  If you’ve got an air compressor, you can pick up air powered vibrators McMaster Carr Supply, and place them on the walls and just vibrate.  The hornets may become initially excited but if they can’t stop the vibration, they may just go.  This approach takes time though and you’ll need to be away from the premises.

This is interesting. I will come back with more input to this answer later. 

Would it be a viable solution if you beat the walls with a hammer? 

1 hour ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Ah... These buggers... 

Exterminator is the immediate and easiest option 

Never heard of em nesting in a house but it's not surprising... Bees,wasp and Hornets can and will do that 

At what point does the house become uninhabitable? Would an infestation of tens of thousands of hornets cause this?

1 hour ago, ChimpGrip said:

Would it be a viable solution if you beat the walls with a hammer? 

No.  That will just piss them off.  High frequency vibrators left on for a long period may drive them off.  I did that successfully with a friends trailer he kept on a piece of land in SE MO.   We left the vibrators running for 12 hrs and the bees, after swarming for several hrs eventually left.  

30 minutes ago, On2whls said:

No.  That will just piss them off.  High frequency vibrators left on for a long period may drive them off.  I did that successfully with a friends trailer he kept on a piece of land in SE MO.   We left the vibrators running for 12 hrs and the bees, after swarming for several hrs eventually left.  

Hornets,wasp and bees are sensitive to vibrations and to  my understanding some sounds also may drive them off...  

If he had a flock of woodpeckers... This would be over already.. 

47 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Hornets,wasp and bees are sensitive to vibrations and to  my understanding some sounds also may drive them off...  

If he had a flock of woodpeckers... This would be over already.. 

Hmmm how would the woodpeckers fair against Asian giant hornets? 

5 hours ago, ChimpGrip said:

What would you do if your home had a hornet infestation? Where you could occasionally find a live hornet or two in any room in your house at any time? Most likely, you’d have many thousands of hornets in your walls and or attic. 

What would you do here? 

How’s your back hand game?

A9F5D7A7-966D-41C6-B5C2-91990FE0D0CF.jpeg