Patriots sign Cam

Bormio

On 6/29/2020 at 3:07 AM, ThunderRam said:

Cam signs a 1-yr incentive laden deal after previously being unemployed and, of course, someone out there has to make it political.

My response to him was, if Lamar Jackson or Pat Mahomes were available to be signed, I’m pretty sure NE would have would have offered more than 15/16 a year.

Same goes for Russell Wilson and Deshaun Watson. Probably even Dak Prescott.

Someone should tell Sherman that former League MVP Adrian Peterson signed a 1 year league minimum salary contract with the Redskins in 2018.  Oh the outrage...

On 6/29/2020 at 12:36 PM, ThunderRam said:

No, you (and Sherman) made it political. I listed two MVP QB’s that would have been paid a lot more money had they been available. And followed up with three other names that have played at or near MVP levels recently and that also would draw a ton of interest. You then mentioned race. 

My point was current day factors are what dictated the contract and lack of interest from many teams. It’s clear Sherman was trying to imply some type of injustice against Cam when, in fact, it’s largely performance and health based.

Because if it had been one of those younger, healthier, more productive players available, teams would have lined up to pay them far more than the supposed “terrible” QB’s being paid more than Cam.

Nice try though!

He clearly missed that.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, old_e said:

He clearly missed that.

Yep, clearly.

Not only that, there are numerous other minority QB's in the league probably earning more $$$.

Depending upon how things shake out, over 1/3 of the league will have a minority QB starting for them at some point this season.

In addition to the names already mentioned:

MIA: Tua Tagovailoa, OAK: Marcus Mariota, LAC: Tyrod Taylor, AZ: Kyler Murray, WAS: Dwayne Haskins, NE: Cam Newton

Despite assertions to the contrary, NFL teams clearly don't have an issue handing the keys to the Ferrari over to a minority QB. Most all these guys are making good $$$ too.