North Gwinnett vs packers highlights

imaGoodBoyNow

1 minute ago, Sweetlarry said:

What errrrbody needs to remember is that any time a metro team beats a souf jawja team, the refs and the GHSA conspired to make it happen. 

Lord knows it is never because the metro team is just better. 

#excusesare4looozers

Honestly, looking from the perspective of a south GA football fan, it looks pretty suspicious. The past three years have witnessed state championships with one team from Metro Atlanta vs. one team from the south. And in every of those games, the team from Metro Atlanta has won. I can see why would think it's suspicious that southern teams always lose against Metro Atlanta teams. But I legitimately doubt that games are being rigged.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, ngdawg said:

Honestly, looking from the perspective of a south GA football fan, it looks pretty suspicious. The past three years have witnessed state championships with one team from Metro Atlanta vs. one team from the south. And in every of those games, the team from Metro Atlanta has won. I can see why would think it's suspicious that southern teams always lose against Metro Atlanta teams. But I legitimately doubt that games are being rigged.

But it wasn’t suspicious when cheating baze or hyder would beat metro teams for years on end?!? It just started now?!? 

No! The “cheating” started when the Boiz down souf started losing. Before that everything was on the up and up. I mean, NG doesn’t have a “rent a pup” program or hold kids back so they can be a year older and more mature? 

I’d be embarrassed as a parent to hold my kid back in Eighth grade to gain an advantage playing against younger kids. But some look at it as a source of pride. 

Sad

2 minutes ago, Sweetlarry said:

But it wasn’t suspicious when cheating baze or hyder would beat metro teams for years on end?!? It just started now?!? 

No! The “cheating” started when the Boiz down souf started losing. Before that everything was on the up and up. I mean, NG doesn’t have a “rent a pup” program or hold kids back so they can be a year older and more mature? 

I’d be embarrassed as a parent to hold my kid back in Eighth grade to gain an advantage playing against younger kids. But some look at it as a source of pride. 

Sad

It feels like the supposed "cheating" happens in close games that could go either way. It's also easier to prove in that scenario, because you can't use the excuse that the other team would have won even if the referees weren't biased. Look, maybe there is some bias amongst refs, I don't know. But I feel it's best to assume the best possible scenario before jumping to negative conclusions. Sort of like "innocent until proven guilty". I'm sure high school football is not immune to rigging, but I would like to see some evidence before a blanket statement is made claiming that all Metro Atlanta teams cheat. Again, just my take on this.

27 minutes ago, ngdawg said:

It feels like the supposed "cheating" happens in close games that could go either way. It's also easier to prove in that scenario, because you can't use the excuse that the other team would have won even if the referees weren't biased. Look, maybe there is some bias amongst refs, I don't know. But I feel it's best to assume the best possible scenario before jumping to negative conclusions. Sort of like "innocent until proven guilty". I'm sure high school football is not immune to rigging, but I would like to see some evidence before a blanket statement is made claiming that all Metro Atlanta teams cheat. Again, just my take on this.

Having watched the Marietta/lowends game a few times, the refs could’ve called PI against the little lowends DBs almost every pass play. They were literally draped on our guys and on more than one occasion grabbed our receivers when they got behind them. 

I don’t recall A lot of whining from metro folks about it. 🤷‍♂️ 

The fact of the matter when certain folks lose their go to response is “CHEATING” rather than just taking the L. 

4 minutes ago, Sweetlarry said:

Having watched the Marietta/lowends game a few times, the refs could’ve called PI against the little lowends DBs almost every pass play. They were literally draped on our guys and on more than one occasion grabbed our receivers when they got behind them. 

I don’t recall A lot of whining from metro folks about it. 🤷‍♂️ 

The fact of the matter when certain folks lose their go to response is “CHEATING” rather than just taking the L. 

Yeah, from certain people in various parts of Georgia, it's tougher to accept a loss. It's fine, no problem with that. But don't try to back it up, claiming it's cheating, if there's no evidence. At the end of a day, referees are human, and humans make mistakes. It's not the NFL, it's high school football. 

11 minutes ago, ngdawg said:

Yeah, from certain people in various parts of Georgia, it's tougher to accept a loss. It's fine, no problem with that. But don't try to back it up, claiming it's cheating, if there's no evidence. At the end of a day, referees are human, and humans make mistakes. It's not the NFL, it's high school football. 

And let’s be honest. If the fine staff at cc could count they’d have won the game. 

🤷‍♂️

The fact that they blew it twice is on them. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Sweetlarry said:

And let’s be honest. If the fine staff at cc could count they’d have won the game. 

🤷‍♂️

That's inexcusable. Especially in such an important, late game situation. I would be justifiably pissed if I were a CC fan. A third title in 4 years not to be. 

5 minutes ago, ngdawg said:

That's inexcusable. Especially in such an important, late game situation. I would be justifiably pissed if I were a CC fan. A third title in 4 years not to be. 

That’s the thing. MOST would be. But most cc fans blamed the refs and the ghsa rather than saying “our coaches blew it for us”. 

That whole accountability thing just doesn’t work for some folks. Much easier to blame others than look at your own teams failures.

2 hours ago, ngdawg said:

When yoy have a coach known for cheating then a team gets fined for cheating and recruiting players. Then the team has the forfeit its wins and the coach is called out by other coaches in the area and that same team doubles down the next year and recruit more players you go beyond cheating. Its blatantly ignoring and not gaf about the rules. The ghsa who is supposed to enforce the rules just looks the other way to please the metro teams. I call it how it see it. Even a few years back there was a championship overturned due to a metro team cheating against another. There is plenty of proof from clocks not working to scoreboards magically having failure in games.

People regurgitating the same Ole bs they hear about valdosta because they have no idea what they are talking about. There is a difference between players wanting to move to play and a coach actively going out and recruiting 4 and 5 stars.

1 hour ago, Sweetlarry said:

That’s the thing. MOST would be. But most cc fans blamed the refs and the ghsa rather than saying “our coaches blew it for us”. 

That whole accountability thing just doesn’t work for some folks. Much easier to blame others than look at your own teams failures.

Yes, it is much easier to blame others. I really doubt cheating happens among referees in high school football here, but if there is evidence supporting the cheating conclusion, I would gladly join the other side. I think the Oakland Raiders set a record for most penalties in a game with over 25. Yet, I wouldn't say the referees cheated and phantomized those calls. I honestly think the reason Colquitt lost both times against North Gwinnett is because they committed too many penalties. Although, I must say that 2017 North Gwinnett was a true firepower, and I would take North Gwinnett over Colquitt in a rematch of the 2017 teams.

16 minutes ago, Ga96 said:

When yoy have a coach known for cheating then a team gets fined for cheating and recruiting players. Then the team has the forfeit its wins and the coach is called out by other coaches in the area and that same team doubles down the next year and recruit more players you go beyond cheating. Its blatantly ignoring and not gaf about the rules. The ghsa who is supposed to enforce the rules just looks the other way to please the metro teams. I call it how it see it. Even a few years back there was a championship overturned due to a metro team cheating against another. There is plenty of proof from clocks not working to scoreboards magically having failure in games.

People regurgitating the same Ole bs they hear about valdosta because they have no idea what they are talking about. There is a difference between players wanting to move to play and a coach actively going out and recruiting 4 and 5 stars.

I wouldn't say so much as the GHSA looks away to please metro teams. Sure, Marietta got involved in some controversy with using out-of-area players, but the two main components of their team, Arik Gilbert and Harrison Bailey, were already on the team prior to the forfeiture. And regarding scoreboard malfunctions, it happens anywhere and anytime. North Gwinnett played a game in 2018 where the scoreboard shut off accidentally during the late third quarter. We were already up by over 40 points. This goes to show that scoreboard malfunctions don't always happen to "magically" happen in close games where "cheating" is occurring. I do, however, believe that there is a lot of misinformation. People from Metro Atlanta often get a skewed idea of the workings of south GA football, and vice versa. Without actually being present in that region, everything we say is either an assumption or a guess. Let's be honest: kids are going to transfer to another school based on what coach is there or how the team is doing, no matter where you are in Georgia. I figure that it's best to analyze the teams as they are at the moment and look towards the future, as opposed to arguing over earlier transfer situations that we have no control over. In people's minds, transferring may be wrong. But it is what it is at the moment, so let's move on from it. Now, how about that Milton vs. St John's College game next year? How much is Milton going to lose by?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ngdawg said:

Yes, it is much easier to blame others. I really doubt cheating happens among referees in high school football here, but if there is evidence supporting the cheating conclusion, I would gladly join the other side. I think the Oakland Raiders set a record for most penalties in a game with over 25. Yet, I wouldn't say the referees cheated and phantomized those calls. I honestly think the reason Colquitt lost both times against North Gwinnett is because they committed too many penalties. Although, I must say that 2017 North Gwinnett was a true firepower, and I would take North Gwinnett over Colquitt in a rematch of the 2017 teams.

I honestly wouldn’t. I’d take cc. If their arrogant staff was as good as their fanbase thought they’d have a minimum of two more titles, perhaps more. 

Marietta scored at will only NG and May have had a chance to win if Azeez could’ve stayed healthy. He didn’t and they didn’t. Doesn’t change the fact that stewie had zero answers for Marietta in the second half and Caught a few breaks to hold on. That’s football.

I believe cc was better at the end of the year than NG and they were certainly better than milton. But it’s a team game. From the HC to the last kid in the bench. It’s all gotta work. 

When it doesn’t you get the wouldas, coulda and shouldas or as many call them, excuses. 

Take the title and be happy. No apologies. You were the better team when you had to be and that’s all that counts, kid. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Sweetlarry said:

I honestly wouldn’t. I’d take cc. If their arrogant staff was as good as their fanbase thought they’d have a minimum of two more titles, perhaps more. 

Marietta scored at will only NG and May have had a chance to win if Azeez could’ve stayed healthy. He didn’t and they didn’t. Doesn’t change the fact that stewie had zero answers for Marietta in the second half and Caught a few breaks to hold on. That’s football.

I believe cc was better at the end of the year than NG and they were certainly better than milton. But it’s a team game. From the HC to the last kid in the bench. It’s all gotta work. 

When it doesn’t you get the wouldas, coulda and shouldas or as many call them, excuses. 

Take the title and be happy. No apologies. You were the better team when you had to be and that’s all that counts, kid. 

I'm not going to lie, we overlooked the Marietta game. We didn't execute and prepare like we should have, because on paper, Marietta was a wild-card team. That's our fault. By the way, Bill Stewart is a great coach. Love that guy.

Colquitt was definitely better than Milton. Now, overall in the 2017 season, North Gwinnett was the better team. However, when it came to playoff time, CC kicked it up a notch. Don't let the Corky Kell loss to Walton or the 3 point win against Milton fool you: North Gwinnett played at a whole different level all year. However, Colquitt County outplayed us throughout the playoffs, and almost came away with the championship. If there were a rematch between NG and CC during the 2017 regular season, I'm taking NG all day. But during playoffs? I'm taking CC. 

I am very happy with our first title. In no way am I complaining. However, I love to debate and discuss sports, which is why I enjoyed this thread. I like defending my team, while also acknowledging the successes of other teams. Once again, I am not disappointed with the fact that we couldn't distinctly outclass CC in the finals. Much respect to that team.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ngdawg said:

I'm not going to lie, we overlooked the Marietta game. We didn't execute and prepare like we should have, because on paper, Marietta was a wild-card team. That's our fault. By the way, Bill Stewart is a great coach. Love that guy.

Colquitt was definitely better than Milton. Now, overall in the 2017 season, North Gwinnett was the better team. However, when it came to playoff time, CC kicked it up a notch. Don't let the Corky Kell loss to Walton or the 3 point win against Milton fool you: North Gwinnett played at a whole different level all year. However, Colquitt County outplayed us throughout the playoffs, and almost came away with the championship. If there were a rematch between NG and CC during the 2017 regular season, I'm taking NG all day. But during playoffs? I'm taking CC. 

I am very happy with our first title. In no way am I complaining. However, I love to debate and discuss sports, which is why I enjoyed this thread. I like defending my team, while also acknowledging the successes of other teams. Once again, I am not disappointed with the fact that we couldn't distinctly outclass CC in the finals. Much respect to that team.

You’re definitely an outlier here, and I like it. 
bgw

• Thanks 1

Just now, ngdawg said:

Why does everyone call him LDT? Is there a meaning behind that? It certainly doesn't match his username, which is why I am curious.

Liberal Donald Trump was the old handle before that poster  went “Trump” on the board and got sent up to Attica for some rehab for a “posting” injury while fervently posting. 

Something like that, just easier than typing out ImaJerseyHomerWhoHatesFuckingGaandFuckingTexasGoodBoy. 

It’s a long handle. 

bgw

@imaGoodBoyNow

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Liberal Donald Trump was the old handle before that poster  went “Trump” on the board and got sent up to Attica for some rehab for a “posting” injury while fervently posting. 

Something like that, just easier than typing out ImaJerseyHomerWhoHatesFuckingGaandFuckingTexasGoodBoy. 

It’s a long handle. 

bgw

@imaGoodBoyNow

Makes total sense. Thank you.

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, ngdawg said:

Why does everyone call him LDT? Is there a meaning behind that? It certainly doesn't match his username, which is why I am curious.

LDT was Reckless, LDT was a bad man.  LDT got his medicinal marrajuanna card and went on a quest to find his inner being and came back as ima good boy

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

LDT was Reckless, LDT was a bad man.  LDT got his medicinal marrajuanna card and went on a quest to find his inner being and came back as ima good boy

So what you're saying is LDT got so high, he actually views himself as a benefit to society now? And he tries to convince others of this benefit by claiming that he's a "good boy now"?