HS Football in the south - Put your face masks if you want a season

SJR89

2 minutes ago, Ga96 said:

We both know who majority of those were. The same ones that think they can do whatever they want whenever they want. Doctors and nurses trying to save people and all those people did was cry about having to stay home.

I'll throw Thomasville in with the low mask usage as well. Pretty much all across the area as far as my travels have been. 

I've been going to Tallahassee some recently also, and you will be out of place there without a mask in the stores really. There are some not wearing masks but appears a majority do or at least a much more noticeable high amount than I'm accustomed to in our area. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

I have updated the virus thread that I started in March.  It is on the other board and I urge everyone to take a serious look at it.  Over one thousand + posts and fourteen thousand (!!) views) and you can see the virus and it’s effect evolve around the country.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, CCBlackhatter said:

1.5% infection rate for Colquitt County with a little over a dozen deaths with 46000 people. All while barely shutting down and hardly anyone wearing masks.

Tell us again why we should be shut down for 11 weeks? Your big city panic is not warranted here.

Hoss...I know of at least one family in Colquitt County who would disagree with you.

Just sayin... 

Rufus>>

13 hours ago, SJR89 said:

so stupid....not for nothing...how dumb are you....just look at the graphing on reuters.com for every state.....every state in the northeast and elsewhere that isolated for 11 weeks....we are at the down slope of the curve...look at Florida. texas, Ga, Sc / NC...elsehwhere....you never really shut down....well guess what ...you want your right not to wear a mask...good for you ....you will lose you right to have HS football...bc it will be too dangerous......................when you dont have football...just remember...like the last time...the North wins....

Well said!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I'll throw Thomasville in with the low mask usage as well. Pretty much all across the area as far as my travels have been. 

I've been going to Tallahassee some recently also, and you will be out of place there without a mask in the stores really. There are some not wearing masks but appears a majority do or at least a much more noticeable high amount than I'm accustomed to in our area. 

What is it about the folks in your area that makes them not want to wear a mask?  Honest question, is it because a majority are trump supporters and since he doesn't take it seriously, neither do they?

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, legendsofthefall said:

The NY Governor learned basic common sense. It's really not that hard to follow. Wear mask, infection rates go down.  Enjoy your conspiracy theories and spiking infection rates down there, Trumpy.

Unless you consider his handling of the nursing homes.  If I'm not mistaken, NY has the highest COVID-19 related mortality rate of any state in the country.

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, CCBlackhatter said:

1.5% infection rate for Colquitt County with a little over a dozen deaths with 46000 people. All while barely shutting down and hardly anyone wearing masks.

Tell us again why we should be shut down for 11 weeks? Your big city panic is not warranted here.

once again...when end of August rolls up ....and kids are wondering if it safe to play football in Ga / Fl / sc/ tx / etc......because of numb nuts like you who will not wear a mask or follow the basic social distancing rules...you and people like you should be ashamed......and yes we play football up here and get after it as you know but will never acknowledge....as Forest Gump once  said " Stupid is as Stupid does "

• Thanks 2
  • Like 1

Lets not forget us spies has reported about the virus 2 months before the first case was found in the United States and trump decided that he knew more than them and decided to ignore it. 

Imagine what would happen if a company or its workers decided to pull that bs and end up killing people.

1 hour ago, AztecPadre said:

What is it about the folks in your area that makes them not want to wear a mask?  Honest question, is it because a majority are trump supporters and since he doesn't take it seriously, neither do they?

Idk bro. They all seem to have a mentality that the media is always lying to them and they don't wanna be sheep. 

I mean, I have a little of that in me as well, except. I don't think the media lies about the facts. They do sensationalized stuff though.

It's probably a matter of time before Florida has to lock back down if they can't get stuff back under control. Texas too.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, AztecPadre said:

Maybe because cloth mask only block about about 2% of pathogens when air is exhaled. Unless you have a respirator or approved surgical mask then you are doing very little. But hey, if it makes you feel more moral about yourself, then go ahead.

1 hour ago, SJR89 said:

once again...when end of August rolls up ....and kids are wondering if it safe to play football in Ga / Fl / sc/ tx / etc......because of numb nuts like you who will not wear a mask or follow the basic social distancing rules...you and people like you should be ashamed......and yes we play football up here and get after it as you know but will never acknowledge....as Forest Gump once  said " Stupid is as Stupid does "

With the "recklessness" here, explain why there has only been 750 cases and 15 deaths. Don't tell me it's a lack of testing, because we have a free testing site located in Colquitt County. It took 11 weeks of shutdown for NY because y'all are packed into a can like sardines. 

43 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Idk bro. They all seem to have a mentality that the media is always lying to them and they don't wanna be sheep. 

I mean, I have a little of that in me as well, except. I don't think the media lies about the facts. They do sensationalized stuff though.

It's probably a matter of time before Florida has to lock back down if they can't get stuff back under control. Texas too.

You know what's crazy? You literally have people out here saying shit like "the virus isn't real" or "the media is lying" or "i'm not wearing no damn mask" when you have people with the corona virus telling them that this is serious business and not to take it as a joke. People have died from covid-19 and that still seems to be going over people's heads. Like I said before, if it doesn't directly affect them, then they're gonna continue to do them.....and that's sad. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 6

7 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

You know what's crazy? You literally have people out here saying shit like "the virus isn't real" or "the media is lying" or "i'm not wearing no damn mask" when you have people with the corona virus telling them that this is serious business and not to take it as a joke. People have died from covid-19 and that still seems to be going over people's heads. Like I said before, if it doesn't directly affect them, then they're gonna continue to do them.....and that's sad. 

Until people know someone that has been very ill with it, they don't want to believe it. People in general can't handle something traumatic like this pandemic, so they deny it. We had a good Packer fan die who was diagnosed with Covid and people run around here saying it was all a lie. He didn't have it or anything. Then another guy that a lot of people know around town thats healthy and in his 40s had a terrible time with it and spent some time in the icu although I don't think they had to put him on a machine. Just intensive care. 

They still run around denying. Going to church breathing down each others mouths and all. 

I have been guilty of going out to some events as well, but, I'm keeping people away from me or wearing a mask or both. 

It is what it is I guess. 

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Until people know someone that has been very ill with it, they don't want to believe it. People in general can't handle something traumatic like this pandemic, so they deny it. We had a good Packer fan die who was diagnosed with Covid and people run around here saying it was all a lie. He didn't have it or anything. Then another guy that a lot of people know around town thats healthy and in his 40s had a terrible time with it and spent some time in the icu although I don't think they had to put him on a machine. Just intensive care. 

They still run around denying. Going to church breathing down each others mouths and all. 

I have been guilty of going out to some events as well, but, I'm keeping people away from me or wearing a mask or both. 

It is what it is I guess. 

Now don't get me wrong.... You're gonna have to go out and run your errands, but we have to make sure we're taking the necessary steps (masks, hand sanitizer, distancing) to minimize this shit. We are our own worst enemy when it comes to this pandemic. It's ridiculous. 

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

Now don't get me wrong.... You're gonna have to go out and run your errands, but we have to make sure we're taking the necessary steps (masks, hand sanitizer, distancing) to minimize this shit. We are our own worst enemy when it comes to this pandemic. It's ridiculous. 

Spot on. I’m trying to explain to grandma that Jesus doesn’t stop the spread of corona inside the church because she’s adamant about going & she hit me back with “You think God would let me get sick in his house?” Might have to start drinking at 11 am today.  

• Like 3
  • Haha 6

27 minutes ago, HurricaneNick said:

Spot on. I’m trying to explain to grandma that Jesus doesn’t stop the spread of corona inside the church because she’s adamant about going & she hit me back with “You think God would let me get sick in his house?” Might have to start drinking at 11 am today.  

Tell her that God gave her "smarts" for a reason. So he wouldn't have to protect her from everything. He's got a lot on his plate always, so he gave her free will and common sense to know when to exercise it. 

Could be some people missed the common sense stop on God's assembly line though.  I don't think quality control is very good on that assembly line either. xD

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

23 hours ago, SJR89 said:

If I was the Gov Abbot of Texas - I would go on TV tonight and state there will be no high school football in the fall if we do not get 100% compliance on masks immediately ...pretty sure you would see instant changes in peoples routines

You'd see a change alright, in Governors. He wouldnt be Governor for long if he did that.

No HS football in Texas? HAHAHAHAHA

Now, that does not at all reflect my thoughts on this virus. Im amazed every day at the amount of people who are just brushing it off. 

3 hours ago, AztecPadre said:

I have a theory...A lot of people think that when the Governor says, "we are opening back up", they actually believe that everything is ok , the virus is in check, and they can resume their normal lives.

Then again, I hear people all the time acting like their "rights" will override whether or not they get this virus and die. Amazing.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, rockinl said:

I have a theory...A lot of people think that when the Governor says, "we are opening back up", they actually believe that everything is ok , the virus is in check, and they can resume their normal lives.

Then again, I hear people all the time acting like their "rights" will override whether or not they get this virus and die. Amazing.

That's what I was thinking.  Once they hear opening up they stick around to listen for the whole statement where they say we are opening up but we must be safe in doing so, such as wearing a mask. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1