Biggest Fail in Playoff History?

ngdawg

23 minutes ago, ngdawg said:

The game was supposed to take place the previous week at Mercedes Benz Stadium. However, there was a minor snowstorm the day before the championship so it got moved one week later to the higher seeded team's home. That would be North Gwinnett.

Never should there be a situation where a team is on the road 6 weeks in a row.

Still stocked they did not play those games and even more shocked they did not have a back up plan. Remember Alabama played outdoors the day before in the same snowstorm.  I know for a fact the AHSAA officials had a big laugh at the GHSA. 

2 minutes ago, HooverOutlaw said:

Still stocked they did not play those games and even more shocked they did not have a back up plan. Remember Alabama played outdoors the day before in the same snowstorm.  I know for a fact the AHSAA officials had a big laugh at the GHSA. 

What you mean? I f you get a low seed in the playoffs, yo ass is gonna hit the road! That's the team's fault at the end of the day. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, HooverOutlaw said:

Well, regardless, Colquitt would have never had a home playoff game. Because of their seeding and opponents, plus the fact that the state championship would have been at Mercedes Benz Stadium, they would have never had a home game. I do like the 32-team structure of the tournament, though. I honestly think Colquitt would have won in the Benz, and I was kinda disappointed when they moved it back to our stadium. 

Just now, ngdawg said:

Well, regardless, Colquitt would have never had a home playoff game. Because of their seeding and opponents, plus the fact that the state championship would have been at Mercedes Benz Stadium, they would have never had a home game. I do like the 32-team structure of the tournament, though. I honestly think Colquitt would have won in the Benz, and I was kinda disappointed when they moved it back to our stadium. 

In Alabama we don't do coin flips and we do times traveled.  The bracket is already set if everything is a tie the top part of the bracket gets home then the next year the bottom part of the bracket gets home field.  You can look at the bracket and already know depending on who you play if you will be home or on the road. No waffle house coin flips in Alabama. IMO just because you win a bad region does not mean you should be home over the #2 seed from a loaded region.  The Benz is a neutral game then it became a road game in 2017.  Those title games in the Benz favor the Atl teams.   

11 minutes ago, HooverOutlaw said:

You know you’re my guy, but damned if you won’t make excuses for any and everything about crp for any situation that he doesn’t come out on top. 

The milton game was about as poorly coaches a game as I have ever witnessed from an offensive standpoint. The cc qb was not in a rhythm and they were running it up the guy successfully. Then, because they’re smarter than everyone else, said “fuck it” and threw more.

It looked like they were trying to lose them game. Them the punkass shit afterwards. I’d beat Baby Sweets ass if he ever did that! 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Sweetlarry said:

You know you’re my guy, but damned if you won’t make excuses for any and everything about crp for any situation that he doesn’t come out on top. 

The milton game was about as poorly coaches a game as I have ever witnessed from an offensive standpoint. The cc qb was not in a rhythm and they were running it up the guy successfully. Then, because they’re smarter than everyone else, said “fuck it” and threw more.

It looked like they were trying to lose them game. Them the punkass shit afterwards. I’d beat Baby Sweets ass if he ever did that! 

Pal I said it all falls on the head coach what else do want me to say.  Plus you know it was BS to cancel those games because of a little snow.

42 minutes ago, Sweetlarry said:

Thank you!!! I still to this day try to figure out how Colquitt lost that game. Don't get me wrong, Milton was a good team, but that was arguably Rush's most talented team and they laid an egg offensively. Like you said: the run was very effective, but they got away from that. Once again, we need brotha Hawg to come to the front of the congregation to explain this in further depth @HawgGoneIt

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, HooverOutlaw said:

Pal I said it all falls on the head coach what else do want me to say.  Plus you know it was BS to cancel those games because of a little snow.

It was, but what can you do? 

The GHSA is as sorry an entity as there is. When our kids were penalized for a clerical error, I could not believe they wouldn’t allow them to play at their “home school” (even though both Moms teach at MCS schools). Garbage!

Now that There’s a precedent, I expect all kids will be treated that way as well! 

17 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

Thank you!!! I still to this day try to figure out how Colquitt lost that game. Don't get me wrong, Milton was a good team, but that was arguably Rush's most talented team and they laid an egg offensively. Like you said: the run was very effective, but they got away from that. Once again, we need brotha Hawg to come to the front of the congregation to explain this in further depth @HawgGoneIt

I think a similar issue to what happened in the Parkview game to be honest. 

Qb got flustered and never recovered after an interception in the endzone for one thing. The game turned on that offensive play for Colquitt offensively. The qb was never back in the game mentally after that..

We had a few personality issues on the team that year as well, and even Rush couldn't solve that. This was a classic deal where you had so much talent and some of them were "me" guys who would quickly cast blame on everyone else. A couple would just kind of give up if that makes sense? Rather than try to uplift their teammates they'd sull up and get mad and be negative which imo filters to the rest of the team. 

As an example: If the qb sulls up, and blames everything on the line instead of tapping them on the ass and saying we'll get em next play or whatever, the line eventually quits on him.That line knew they weren't the biggest baddest dudes on the planet. They were fundamentally sound though. They didn't need blame cast at them from the qb position every play. 

Too much negativity and blame being cast the last two seasons from the qb position was one issue. It hurt us in the championship game against Milton and again against Parkview. Again just my opinion. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Qb got flustered and never recovered after an interception in the endzone for one thing. The game turned on that offensive play for Colquitt offensively. The qb was never back in the game mentally after that..

We had a few personality issues on the team that year as well, and even Rush couldn't solve that. This was a classic deal where you had so much talent and some of them were "me" guys who would quickly cast blame on everyone else. A couple would just kind of give up if that makes sense? Rather than try to uplift their teammates they'd sull up and get mad and be negative which imo filters to the rest of the team. 

As an example: If the qb sulls up, and blames everything on the line instead of tapping them on the ass and saying we'll get em next play or whatever, the line eventually quits on him.That line knew they weren't the biggest baddest dudes on the planet. They were fundamentally sound though. They didn't need blame cast at them from the qb position every play. 

Too much negativity and blame being cast the last two seasons from the qb position was one issue. It hurt us in the championship game against Milton and again against Parkview. Again just my opinion. 

I think you’re correct, though the milton game was coaching and putting too much pressure on a kid that was ill equipped to handle it. 

Somebody on the vent DMd me when they lost and told me QB1 wasn’t a good kid and actually got voted off of the baseball team because of that. 

We disagree that the coach could do nothing about it. Sit their asses. I’ll give an example. In 2018 before we played Hillgrove fot the region title we had two OL get into a fight at practice. This had been brewing for a while and they were warned that if it escalated there would be punishment. They both were suspended for the game that our QB got his collarbone busted and that was that. 

Sometimes having the balls to do the right thing outweighs winning. 

At least for men who have character 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Hmm.... Great analysis once again. Yeah Jaycee did come off as an......emotional guy so to say. It was kinda cringeworthy to see him have his lil temper tantrums on the sideline. I'm under the impression that Chase would've handled that situation much better and probably woulda led them to victory against Milton. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sweetlarry said:

I think you’re correct, though the milton game was coaching and putting too much pressure on a kid that was ill equipped to handle it. 

Somebody on the vent DMd me when they lost and told me QB1 wasn’t a good kid and actually got voted off of the baseball team because of that. 

Also, they might've been looking ahead to the St. Frances game had they won it all. There was a lot on the line that night for Colquitt....right? @HawgGoneIt. I know there was some talk of colquitt being crowned national champs with a state championship win and a victory over St. Frances.

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

Also, they might've been looking ahead to the St. Frances game had they won it all. There was a lot on the line that night for Colquitt....right? @HawgGoneIt. I know there was some talk of colquitt being crowned national champs with a state championship win and a victory over St. Frances.

Like I said.......coaching. 

47 minutes ago, Sweetlarry said:

It was, but what can you do? 

The GHSA is as sorry an entity as there is. When our kids were penalized for a clerical error, I could not believe they wouldn’t allow them to play at their “home school” (even though both Moms teach at MCS schools). Garbage!

Now that There’s a precedent, I expect all kids will be treated that way as well! 

I will say the AHSAA does favor private schools over public in most situations.

Colquitt in 2018 was a great team. They were easily better than Milton, and I expected that game to go Colquitt's way. However, props to Milton for simply outplaying Colquitt that day. Despite that loss, I still believe Colquitt could have easily been one of the best teams in the country. Loved that 45-0 thrashing in the quarterfinals, it was truly a wake-up call. However, I'd still take Steven Krajewski over Jaycee Harden, both character wise and talent wise.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, FootballGuy said:

Hmm.... Great analysis once again. Yeah Jaycee did come off as an......emotional guy so to say. It was kinda cringeworthy to see him have his lil temper tantrums on the sideline. I'm under the impression that Chase would've handled that situation much better and probably woulda led them to victory against Milton. 

Chase had a positive type attitude that united everyone else. You have to have that type of leadership on the team to be successful for a run like 2014 and 15. 

I don't generally like to put heat on kids, and @Sweetlarry is right, coaching has to make moves when you run into personality/anger management issues like that. I think in the Milton game, our backup wasn't trusted enough to come in at that large of a moment. 

Jaycee did much better last year in managing his anger and all for most of the season. At Parkview that issue arose again and I think he basically threw in the towel. Justin had to pull him, but didn't. It was another time when I think the coach was damned if he did and damned if he didn't. The game against Milton we were never out of it totally so easier to understand the decisions of the coaches. The game at Parkview, idk, I'd have pulled the qb personally. How much worse could it get? Not a lot. And at least you look like you're trying. 

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

Nah, I don't think the coaches were looking ahead really. I do think they underestimated the running ability of the Milton qb and failed to get that riddle solved with the defensive scheme we were running. Our personnel were long bodies but no really huge line backers, so, we were more geared to closing speed and coverages. Milton exploited that and we never could adjust properly. It could be blamed on personnel but, you have to find a way with the personnel you have. 

To that extent, it really should be heavy load on the coaches and less on the kids as far as where blame is cast. 

• Thanks 1