Biggest Fail in Playoff History?

ngdawg

The only problem I have with people is when they judge a team's yearly performance based solely on one game. Sure, we didn't play well in the state championship, but we dominated the year after our starting QB went down with a broken leg against Milton in week 2. This was easily the second best team in Georgia that year behind Lowndes. In fact, I think a Lowndes-NG game that year would have been spectacular.

21 minutes ago, ngdawg said:

If we're using this logic, none of this would have even happened if Colquitt wasn't gifted a first down on a fourth down play that was clearly incomplete on the previous drive. Even the commentators clearly called it out even before an official call was made.

Those commentators are dumbasses. It was clearly a catch. Here is two different angles.

Screenshot_20200621-191811.png

Screenshot_20200621-191845~2.png

1 minute ago, ngdawg said:

Marietta fan, eh? I talked to many our players after that game and they said that was the worst they've played all year. They said it should have been MUCH more of a blowout because they played sloppily and gave the ball up many times. I talked to Jimmy Urzua, our quarterback, and he said that the turnovers were the only reason Marietta came back. Also that was the one game the band wasn't at the game; we were in Chicago. Not saying that there's any correlation, but I wouldn't be mad if you connected the dots in a certain way.

You do realize that Marietta had turnovers and played like dog shit too, right? I mean, NG doesn’t have the market cornered on having turnovers or playing sloppily. Sometimes the opponent creates that shit kid! 

This lesson was free, never one I send my Venmo to you. 

The reason I say it's not a catch is because you can see the second stripe of the football below is hand and if you just follow it with your eyes to the tip of the ball, it seems to be contacting the ground slightly. The shadow makes it hard, but if it were removed, I think it would be clear that it is an incompletion.

7 minutes ago, ngdawg said:

It's just a bit too blurry and it doesn't show the tip of the ball, only the top side.

8 minutes ago, ngdawg said:

The reason I say it's not a catch is because you can see the second stripe of the football below is hand and if you just follow it with your eyes to the tip of the ball, it seems to be contacting the ground slightly. The shadow makes it hard, but if it were removed, I think it would be clear that it is an incompletion.

The ball can contact the ground as long as there is possession before the contact. His hands are clearly beneath the football which is easy to see because of the white gloves he is wearing. The ref ruled it a catch immediately, I would imagine he had a better view as the play happened only a few yards away from him.

You seem to be the only one who thinks it isn't a catch.

22 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

#excusethreadgold

I shit you not, and eloquently posted.

bgw

Just letting the kid know how it all went down. Many seem to forget what led up to NG even having a chance at that second hail mary. That doesn't happen if the refs got the calls right before all that chaos. I'm glad they won or our newest member would have never signed up here. Lol

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CCBlackhatter said:

Just letting the kid know how it all went down. Many seem to forget what led up to NG even having a chance at that second hail mary. That doesn't happen if the refs got the calls right before all that chaos. I'm glad they won or our newest member would have never signed up here. Lol

False, I would have signed up even if we lost. Been a big football fan for a while, but only 3 years ago did I get hooked onto high school football. Took me a while to figure out if this is a good idea or not, and so far it's been pretty good.

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, CCBlackhatter said:

Clearly not. His hands are beneath the football and not making contact with the ground.

Hands aren't under the football. This is shown by the fact that you can see the white stripe of the football under the level at which his hands are. This means that he doesn't have his hands under the ball, it means that he is in the process of attempting to possess the ball, at which time the ball strikes/does not strike the ground. Hands are not under the football, sorry.

3 minutes ago, CCBlackhatter said:

If he has possession, it's irrelevant. No need to further the argument. You think it wasn't a catch, and everyone else thinks it was a catch including the referee.

Fair enough, but at least we secured the state championship. I guess I have to look at the positives.

51 minutes ago, CCBlackhatter said:

Bro, here’s how it all went down. Your vaunted coach with his vaunted offense got stuffed. Blame it on the refs, weather, road game, whatever. Marietta played in the same venue with the same disadvantages and scores 41. Unfortunately our defense couldn’t stop anybody, so we lost. 

All that said cc still had the game won and blew it because their coaches were too fucking stupid to count to eleven. And as much as it kills y’all to say, it was the avatars fault. 

When you gonna update your pic to get his correct attire on? 

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Sweetlarry said:

Bro, here’s how it all went down. Your vaunted coach with his vaunted offense got stuffed. Blame it on the refs, weather, road game, whatever. Marietta played in the same venue with the same disadvantages and scores 41. Unfortunately our defense couldn’t stop anybody, so we lost. 

All that said cc still had the game won and blew it because their coaches were too fucking stupid to count to eleven. And as much as it kills y’all to say, it was the avatars fault. 

When you gonna update your pic to get his correct attire on? 

Head Butt gate will forever live. I'll keep it for your viewing pleasure.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 3