Georgia folks (Football question)

Nolebull813

18 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Justin put in a lot of hours last year that I can vouch for him on. They weren't the same type of hours Rush put in, but, it was a lot. As the season progressed the amount of hours they all worked got longer and longer. I think Justin is a good father to his kids and husband to his wife and he tries to strike a balance between home life and coaching life, whereas Rush was coach first and everything else second. The results in personal life are visible in the two men due to how they approach these things.

Rush is an old school type coach. I think he views fear as the strongest motivator for people, and he would be correct. If the players respect, trust and love you first, then, you also are a disciplinarian they fear disappointing you and the workouts that come as a punishment etc.  Same goes for how he prepared the team for games. Each speech was different depending on the team we were facing that week, but they all boiled down to we have to be hungrier. We have more reasons to be hungry and etc. 

While a lot of people dislike his style and some dislike his methods... It simply can't be denied that his methodology is super effective. 

So would you say the people of moultrie/norman park are more accepting of Rogers compared to "Jon Voight" ? Lololololol

58 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

So would you say the people of moultrie/norman park are more accepting of Rogers compared to "Jon Voight" ? Lololololol

Depends on which people. The hard-core football people are mostly on the fence looking for results. Watching intently the numbers of kids on the team, the numbers signing LOI and to what type of schools, and of course record and types of teams we are playing and beating. 

Most everyone agrees that Justin is a good dude. We can't all agree on the methods, time invested, results expected etc. 

For instance, one train of thought, and I'm kind of on this train... We're hiring a coach not a preacher. Results are where it's at. It's nice to be a good dude with a great family and all, but, that shit don't necessarily win football games and get kids out of poverty and to college if you can understand where I'm coming from with that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Justin put in a lot of hours last year that I can vouch for him on. They weren't the same type of hours Rush put in, but, it was a lot. As the season progressed the amount of hours they all worked got longer and longer. I think Justin is a good father to his kids and husband to his wife and he tries to strike a balance between home life and coaching life, whereas Rush was coach first and everything else second. The results in personal life are visible in the two men due to how they approach these things.

Rush is an old school type coach. I think he views fear as the strongest motivator for people, and he would be correct. If the players respect, trust and love you first, then, you also are a disciplinarian they fear disappointing you and the workouts that come as a punishment etc.  Same goes for how he prepared the team for games. Each speech was different depending on the team we were facing that week, but they all boiled down to we have to be hungrier. We have more reasons to be hungry and etc. 

While a lot of people dislike his style and some dislike his methods... It simply can't be denied that his methodology is super effective. 

I tell ya, it's effective alright. Usually at football games (or at least at my school), the away team runs out of the banner, followed by the home team on the other end. Well, for the 2017 state championship game, as teams were being introduced, Colquitt County was nowhere to be seen as North Gwinnett ran out of the banner. Colquitt did not even enter the field until just a couple minutes before kickoff, whereas usually teams assemble outside around 30 minutes prior to kickoff. His intimidation tactics worked, and although it didn't result in a win, it likely indirectly caused North Gwinnett to make several mistakes. Rush knows how to psychologically dismantle another team and empower his own.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Depends on which people. The hard-core football people are mostly on the fence looking for results. Watching intently the numbers of kids on the team, the numbers signing LOI and to what type of schools, and of course record and types of teams we are playing and beating. 

Most everyone agrees that Justin is a good dude. We can't all agree on the methods, time invested, results expected etc. 

For instance, one train of thought, and I'm kind of on this train... We're hiring a coach not a preacher. Results are where it's at. It's nice to be a good dude with a great family and all, but, that shit don't necessarily win football games and get kids out of poverty and to college if you can understand where I'm coming from with that.

Oh I totally get it. As far as the "other guy," I just think his baggage caused a lot of people in your neck of the woods to give him the side eye while not focusing on the bigger picture. Like you said, Justin may be more of a saint, but you always wonder if this guy is focused on getting the guys to greener pastures. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

One thing I thought was really commendable (don't know how true it is/was) was by "him" taking in (putting them in his home) players to get them out of toxic environments. You don't have too many coaches doing that nowadays. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

One thing I thought was really commendable (don't know how true it is/was) was by "him" taking in (putting them in his home) players to get them out of toxic environments. You don't have too many coaches doing that nowadays. 

This is a big deal imo. I don't care what anyone thinks about Rush as a person, whether they mesh with his personality or not, he damned sure did things like that, and hardly any other coaches would ever. 

I still keep up with some of the kids that have come through like that. To me those are special cases, special kids that needed special assistance and attention. A lot of people throw those types in the trash. Teachers think, "not my problem" even if they feel bad about the kid's situation. A lot of coaches are the same way. That stuff was making a difference in Moultrie. It was making a difference with a certain demographic that needs some good shit to happen for them. These kids can't help their situations and where they come from. Rush paid those kids special attention and directed others to do so as well. Dropped hints to supporters about needing secret Santa types for things sometimes and that type stuff. Got kids driven by supporters or his ownself to college visits. A LOT OF STUFF that people never knew about or even cared about. 

I get mad as hell when I think about how easily they trashed him without really considering all of that. I mean, I'm gritting my teeth typing this out right now. 

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

This is a big deal imo. I don't care what anyone thinks about Rush as a person, whether they mesh with his personality or not, he damned sure did things like that, and hardly any other coaches would ever. 

I still keep up with some of the kids that have come through like that. To me those are special cases, special kids that needed special assistance and attention. A lot of people throw those types in the trash. Teachers think, "not my problem" even if they feel bad about the kid's situation. A lot of coaches are the same way. That stuff was making a difference in Moultrie. It was making a difference with a certain demographic that needs some good shit to happen for them. These kids can't help their situations and where they come from. Rush paid those kids special attention and directed others to do so as well. Dropped hints to supporters about needing secret Santa types for things sometimes and that type stuff. Got kids driven by supporters or his ownself to college visits. A LOT OF STUFF that people never knew about or even cared about. 

I get mad as hell when I think about how easily they trashed him without really considering all of that. I mean, I'm gritting my teeth typing this out right now. 

I like this post and I also think it's funny...especially the last part. With all this being said, don't you kinda understand why some kids followed him down south? Because of the special bond he and the player(s) have....

Just from the outside looking in. especially when you take everything into consideration, it's kinda hard to think that the guys who followed him were just "me" guys. Not saying you're wrong about what you said....it's just from my limited point of view. 

3 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

I like this post and I also think it's funny...especially the last part. With all this being said, don't you kinda understand why some kids followed him down south? Because of the special bond he and the player(s) have....

Just from the outside looking in. especially when you take everything into consideration, it's kinda hard to think that the guys who followed him were just "me" guys. Not saying you're wrong about what you said....it's just from my limited point of view. 

Nah, I don't blame some kids for following him. I always knew some would. 

The thing about Rush is everyone ends up concentrating on the bad stuff from his past, and some not so far gone into the past and miss all the good stuff.

I haven't been one trashing kids for leaving to play for him honestly. I don't like his tweet that he took down nor some of the other stuff that's floating around about contacting kids and jobs being offered from the blue etc. That stuff is not right. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Nah, I don't blame some kids for following him. I always knew some would. 

The thing about Rush is everyone ends up concentrating on the bad stuff from his past, and some not so far gone into the past and miss all the good stuff.

I haven't been one trashing kids for leaving to play for him honestly. I don't like his tweet that he took down nor some of the other stuff that's floating around about contacting kids and jobs being offered from the blue etc. That stuff is not right. 

Rush seems like a great, passionate guy who has just made some bad decisions with his life in the past. Correct me if I'm wrong on this. After hearing others' views on him, he seems like a coach who cares about his players and treats them like his kids, but he sometimes get sidetracked, either resulting from extra passion or just not thinking of consequences. If this is the case, I don't see his hiring at Valdosta to be too big of a problem. I understand everything that Rush did in his past that was a mistake, but what about the pills? What was the reason behind those? Not trying to start anything, I just want to know what he was using the pill for.

I'll elaborate a little more on that last... They are completely me kids if they turned their back on their teammates so easily. 

I don't fault them if they need some special attention that they aren't getting in Moultrie and think they can get it from Rush. Some don't need any special attention and they basically abandoned their teammates. 

I don't like that shit one bit. At the same time. I can understand why they may have left.

• Like 2

Just now, ngdawg said:

Rush seems like a great, passionate guy who has just made some bad decisions with his life in the past. Correct me if I'm wrong on this. After hearing others' views on him, he seems like a coach who cares about his players and treats them like his kids, but he sometimes get sidetracked, either resulting from extra passion or just not thinking of consequences. If this is the case, I don't see his hiring at Valdosta to be too big of a problem. I understand everything that Rush did in his past that was a mistake, but what about the pills? What was the reason behind those? Not trying to start anything, I just want to know what he was using the pill for.

What pills? The Naproxen from 2011? 

All of the shit levied against him during his dismissal from Moultrie was basically bullshit or immaterial private finance stuff imo. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

All of the shit levied against him during his dismissal from Moultrie was basically bullshit or immaterial private finance stuff imo. 

As per the AJC, Rush Propst had given his players pills and interfered with the hiring of a principal. It also states that Propst "lost control of the team", which I don't exactly believe, but still. I would just like to know how this happened or what happened. I mean no disrespect or harm.

6 minutes ago, ngdawg said:

Idk if I'd call him a great guy all around. He has made some poor decisions that follow him around for sure. He doesn't get much leeway in the general public due to those decisions. Overall he has some personality flaws that he has had to work around that cause him strife. He is somewhat egotistical and apparently more than a little vindictive and vengeful. 

Let's just call him a great coach that does some great things at times. Lol 

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, ngdawg said:

As per the AJC, Rush Propst had given his players pills and interfered with the hiring of a principal. It also states that Propst "lost control of the team", which I don't exactly believe, but still. I would just like to know how this happened or what happened. I mean no disrespect or harm.

Do you think he gets hired for another coaching job in Georgia if he did even half of the stuff they claimed he did? 

He was pretty well cleared of much of that, of which he was accused by the superintendent in Colquitt County.

1 minute ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Do you think he gets hired for another coaching job in Georgia if he did even half of the stuff they claimed he did? 

He was pretty well cleared of much of that which he was accused by the superintendent in Colquitt County.

Honestly, yes. Although it seems uncommon, many schools are willing to prioritize success over morals. I'm not by any means saying Valdosta or Colquitt County is that type of school, so please do not take it that way. I also don't think someone would fictionalize charges against Rush Propst just to bring him down. I do believe he is guilty of everything that which he is accused of, in my opinion. But my main point is that schools nationwide are willing to do whatever it takes to reach success, even if it means hiring someone with a supposedly "bad" track record. I still think Rush is a great coach, but he's better a coach than he is a person, in my opinion.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, ngdawg said:

Honestly, yes. Although it seems uncommon, many schools are willing to prioritize success over morals. I'm not by any means saying Valdosta or Colquitt County is that type of school, so please do not take it that way. I also don't think someone would fictionalize charges against Rush Propst just to bring him down. I do believe he is guilty of everything that which he is accused of, in my opinion. But my main point is that schools nationwide are willing to do whatever it takes to reach success, even if it means hiring someone with a supposedly "bad" track record. I still think Rush is a great coach, but he's better a coach than he is a person, in my opinion.

Clearly you have a lot to learn. Everything reported is not true and just because someone is accused that doesn't make them guilty, regardless of their past. 

I say that there was some truth to some things he was accused of, but, most of it was fiction tossed in with enough truth to make it seem factual. 

They provided little to no proof on a vast majority of what he was accused of, but, I suggest you go and read all the past threads about all of that yourself. The fact he was certified to coach again by the ethics committee should speak for itself imo. 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Clearly you have a lot to learn. Everything reported is not true and just because someone is accused that doesn't make them guilty, regardless of their past. 

I say that there was some truth to some things he was accused of, but, most of it was fiction tossed in with enough truth to make it seem factual. 

They provided little to no proof on a vast majority of what he was accused of, but, I suggest you go and read all the past threads about all of that yourself. The fact he was certified to coach again by the ethics committee should speak for itself imo. 

This is just from what I've heard about him. If it is clear that it is fictional, the person who made it up should be ashamed of themselves. But hey, I guess if an ethics committee cleared him, he should be fit enough to coach.

3 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I'm looking for a coach that has our program at the level we were under Rush and Hughes. I see Rogers being closer to the Singletary and Cokely types, unfortunately. I'm afraid with the current region alignment, and every team making the playoffs that Rogers will find a way to hold on longer than Singletary and Cokely did. I'm afraid he will be allowed to schedule easy wins, lose every region game (hopefully beat Tift), but win a playoff game or two each year and the powers that be will be satisfied.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I'll elaborate a little more on that last... They are completely me kids if they turned their back on their teammates so easily. 

I don't fault them if they need some special attention that they aren't getting in Moultrie and think they can get it from Rush. Some don't need any special attention and they basically abandoned their teammates. 

I don't like that shit one bit. At the same time. I can understand why they may have left.

The kids that left to play in Valdosta weren't Packers to begin with.  You just don't up and leave your program.  I got nothing for those guys.

Rufus>>

2 hours ago, CCBlackhatter said:

I'm looking for a coach that has our program at the level we were under Rush and Hughes. I see Rogers being closer to the Singletary and Cokely types, unfortunately. I'm afraid with the current region alignment, and every team making the playoffs that Rogers will find a way to hold on longer than Singletary and Cokely did. I'm afraid he will be allowed to schedule easy wins, lose every region game (hopefully beat Tift), but win a playoff game or two each year and the powers that be will be satisfied.

I think Rogers will try with everything he has. Whether that's good enough or not remains to be seen, but, I remain hopeful. 

5 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

The thing I hated was the business saying he basically stole from them. I guarantee none of those business had a problem with the profits they made off of the amount of traffic he brought to moultrie. Just like everywhere else business benefit from football especially when they are winning. Just my opinion.

28 minutes ago, Ga96 said:

The thing I hated was the business saying he basically stole from them. I guarantee none of those business had a problem with the profits they made off of the amount of traffic he brought to moultrie. Just like everywhere else business benefit from football especially when they are winning. Just my opinion.

What kind of dumb ass shit is this? You’re a fucking moron!

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, CCBlackhatter said:

Mike Singletary lasted 5 years as our HC.  But he also gave 16 years of his life to the Packer program.  Mike was a much better DC than he was a HC...no doubt...but he wasn't near the complete loss that Cokely was.  So far...Justin has won 9 games as our HC.  I think it's WAY too early to write him off.

20 hours ago, ngdawg said:

I don’t know anything about you, but just on the surface of it, this seems like a pretty naive outlook.  There are people everywhere who would absolutely fictionalize charges to further their own ends.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Wosinc said:

I don’t know anything about you, but just on the surface of it, this seems like a pretty naive outlook.  There are people everywhere who would absolutely fictionalize charges to further their own ends.

Ok, you seem to be right about that. But if we are going to assume the charges against Rush are partially (or entirely false depending on point of view), can we be sure that the ethics committee that passed the 5-4 vote were as trustworthy as claimed? You stated that people are willing to fictionalize charges to further their own ends. Could it be possible that the ethic committee wasn't so ethical (ironically) and allowed Rush to return to further their own (or Valdosta's own) agenda? Again, I will restate that I am not trying to cause trouble or argument, I would just like to hear different viewpoints on this situation. Thank you for your patience with me.