Georgia folks (Football question)

Nolebull813

36 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

Mhmm. Dropped the ball against valdosta with a questionable call at the end and......idk what the hell happened against Parkview. What happened? @HawgGoneIt

I remember them being up 21-10 and then it was all down hill after that. 

I don’t know this to be fact, but I heard from a Tiff poster that cc found out Marietta was boat racing milton and said, “We don’t want none of that” and threw in the towel. 

Then they scheduled us when we’ll start 3 Seniors. I give Rogers credit. He had the balls to do something his predecessor wouldn’t, even if it was a year too late! 

😂 

• Haha 1

Just now, ngdawg said:

@Sweetlarry How good do you think Marietta will be next year? In 2018, even with Harrison Bailey, they didn't do so well. After this state championship, do you think they will return to their 5-5 seasons or is Marietta a contender?

I don’t know. I’m an interested observer. 

In 2018 We lost to some great teams. It happens when you schedule strong. We were undefeated in region playing hillgrove when Bailey got hurt. It happens. Our Freshman backup wasn’t ready and it showed. 

Marietta has a lot of speed but we will be very small. I won’t be surprised if we are 8-2 or 3-7. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Sweetlarry said:

In 2018 We lost to some great teams. It happens when you schedule strong. We were undefeated in region playing hillgrove when Bailey got hurt. It happens. Our Freshman backup wasn’t ready and it showed. 

Marietta has a lot of speed but we will be very small. I won’t be surprised if we are 8-2 or 3-7. 

Cool, I currently have you guys at 5-5 right now. Somewhat tough schedule next year isn't helping.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, ngdawg said:

Cool, I currently have you guys at 5-5 right now. Somewhat tough schedule next year isn't helping.

One thing I like about Coach Morgan is he will play anybody, anytime, anywhere. I am like him in that I believe playing better makes you better. Playing 2A schools isn’t gonna make these young kids better. Baptism by fire.

5-5 is very feasible. If we do well in region I’ll be happy. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Sweetlarry said:

One thing I like about Coach Morgan is he will play anybody, anytime, anywhere. I am like him in that I believe playing better makes you better. Playing 2A schools isn’t gonna make these young kids better. Baptism by fire.

5-5 is very feasible. If we do well in region I’ll be happy. 

Even with a 5-5 record, you could still be second in the region since playoffs are decided by region record, not overall record. Honestly, it's best that Marietta is first or second in their region, even if top 4 would get you into playoffs. Based on playoff rules, your region will have to play Region 4, which has Grayson and Parkview. Being first or second in your region would mean playing Newton, Brookwood, or South Gwinnett. Being third or fourth means playing Grayson and Parkview, which is the world's biggest no-no. And there's a 0% percent chance of Grayson or Parkview getting lower than second in Region 4.

4 hours ago, Sweetlarry said:

Less talented?!? Horseshit!

When y’all lost in 17 it was “better get us this year cause we’re loaded for the next six years”. Then when you lost in 18 it was “better get us this year cause we’re loaded the next six years”. Then the avatar got shatcanned and now the program is less talented?!?

Fucking excuses are like assholes, if they aren’t yours they usually smell.......and this one stinks to high heaven. 

Nobody except maybe Rab said anything about the next 6 years...

After 2016 many of us talked about the upcoming talent for '17, '18, '19, and '20. We played for state two years and our bush league coach squandered a talented group in '19. The 2020 group is an unknown as the QB hasn't really developed like expected and a few others will most likely be wearing VHS uniforms. Others may not even play football at all this season. So yes, I believe we are less talented than last season.

As usual you are exaggerating, twisting words, and telling half truths.

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, ngdawg said:

Colquitt is Colquitt. I feel like no matter how much we hate on them or say they won't make it back, they will. Even if it means losing 5 games, we'll still see them in the playoffs and they'll still make a name for themselves. 

Of course they will be in the playoffs.  Every team in their region will.  4 teams and 4 playoff spots.

5 hours ago, Fred said:

Of course they will be in the playoffs.  Every team in their region will.  4 teams and 4 playoff spots.

Except that's not true. The at-large team gets the Region 1 4 seed, and it isn't always the 4th place team.

In fact, Marietta snuck into the playoffs as the large team the year they cheated and had to forfeit all of their wins.I believe Camden was the next team in line that season, but lost their spot to a team that should not have been eligible to begin with.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, FootballGuy said:

Mhmm. Dropped the ball against valdosta with a questionable call at the end and......idk what the hell happened against Parkview. What happened? @HawgGoneIt

I remember them being up 21-10 and then it was all down hill after that. 

It was a culmination of things in my opinion. I'll start by saying it's very easy to coach from the stands, so having said that...

The major issue was that during halftime, Parkview managed to make some great adjustments on defense and Colquitt really didn't change anything about what they had been doing. By the time the Colquitt offense started trying to adjust the qb had already gotten flustered enough that it didn't much matter anymore. 

Definitely have to give a lot of credit to Parkview. They started bringing the heat on defense and their running back got stronger as the game went on. They made adjustments on offense as well.  Colquitt folded before our very eyes. Team with their bottom lips and guts poked out and coaches with hand on hips staring at the ground. I knew the game was over just watching mannerisms of the players, well before the game was actually over.  Qb throwing the ball into defenders asses and stomping off the field blaming everyone else. Etc. Etc. 

There was a lot wrong and on display. Not really worth reliving for me as a fan/supporter. Enough to make me sick watching live and rewatching it for sure. 

Some of what's being discussed here is true as well, about culture change from aggressive to not as aggressive or whatever you want to call it. Not saying one way is any better than the other over all, but, the proof will be on display as the season(s) progress. We have went from an "aggressive, the other team is coming hungry and trying to steal your futures" type mentality to a "we just love football and we play because we love each other" type mentality. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, CCBlackhatter said:

Nobody except maybe Rab said anything about the next 6 years...

After 2016 many of us talked about the upcoming talent for '17, '18, '19, and '20. We played for state two years and our bush league coach squandered a talented group in '19. The 2020 group is an unknown as the QB hasn't really developed like expected and a few others will most likely be wearing VHS uniforms. Others may not even play football at all this season. So yes, I believe we are less talented than last season.

As usual you are exaggerating, twisting words, and telling half truths.

Bullshit avatar.

If you spent any time in the local board you’d have seen it. Perhaps you haven’t, but it doesn’t mean it wasn’t said. 

5 hours ago, CCBlackhatter said:

Except that's not true. The at-large team gets the Region 1 4 seed, and it isn't always the 4th place team.

In fact, Marietta snuck into the playoffs as the large team the year they cheated and had to forfeit all of their wins.I believe Camden was the next team in line that season, but lost their spot to a team that should not have been eligible to begin with.

I believe that was removed for the 2020 season.  There was much rejoicing in region 1 when the announcement was made as I remember.  You are correct for the 2019 season and the couple before that.

21 minutes ago, Fred said:

I believe that was removed for the 202 season.  There was much rejoicing in region 1 when the announcement was made as I remember.  You are correct for the 2019 season and the couple before that.

Wait, so now all Region 1 teams make the playoffs by default? Or is the previous system of only the top 3 still in place?

15 hours ago, Sweetlarry said:

I don’t know this to be fact, but I heard from a Tiff poster that cc found out Marietta was boat racing milton and said, “We don’t want none of that” and threw in the towel. 

Then they scheduled us when we’ll start 3 Seniors. I give Rogers credit. He had the balls to do something his predecessor wouldn’t, even if it was a year too late! 

😂

Bro chill....lol. 

15 hours ago, Sweetlarry said:

Y'all shoulda beat SJC up in DC back in 2018...smh. 

6 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

It was a culmination of things in my opinion. I'll start by saying it's very easy to coach from the stands, so having said that...

The major issue was that during halftime, Parkview managed to make some great adjustments on defense and Colquitt really didn't change anything about what they had been doing. By the time the Colquitt offense started trying to adjust the qb had already gotten flustered enough that it didn't much matter anymore. 

Definitely have to give a lot of credit to Parkview. They started bringing the heat on defense and their running back got stronger as the game went on. They made adjustments on offense as well.  Colquitt folded before our very eyes. Team with their bottom lips and guts poked out and coaches with hand on hips staring at the ground. I knew the game was over just watching mannerisms of the players, well before the game was actually over.  Qb throwing the ball into defenders asses and stomping off the field blaming everyone else. Etc. Etc. 

There was a lot wrong and on display. Not really worth reliving for me as a fan/supporter. Enough to make me sick watching live and rewatching it for sure. 

Some of what's being discussed here is true as well, about culture change from aggressive to not as aggressive or whatever you want to call it. Not saying one way is any better than the other over all, but, the proof will be on display as the season(s) progress. We have went from an "aggressive, the other team is coming hungry and trying to steal your futures" type mentality to a "we just love football and we play because we love each other" type mentality. 

Great analysis!

And yeah, that Cody Brown started getting busy as the game went on. He should do some great things for Parkview again this year.....hopefully.

And for Colquitt's sake (pertaining to the last paragraph), I hope y'all didn't go from a "Nick Saban" culture to a "Mark Richt" culture.....meaning transitioning from a championship culture to a "winning 11 or 12 games is good enough" culture with the coaching change

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, FootballGuy said:

Great analysis!

And yeah, that Cody Brown started getting busy as the game went on. He should do some great things for Parkview again this year.....hopefully.

And for Colquitt's sake (pertaining to the last paragraph), I hope y'all didn't go from a "Nick Saban" culture to a "Mark Richt" culture.....meaning transitioning from a championship culture to a "winning 11 or 12 games is good enough" culture with the coaching change

That's exactly what happened. The amigos wanted a "yes man". I've also heard he does not put in near the hours and work Rush did to have a championship program. We will keep Rogers as long as he doesn't have sub 500 teams annually like Tim Chokely did.

22 minutes ago, CCBlackhatter said:

That's exactly what happened. The amigos wanted a "yes man". I've also heard he does not put in near the hours and work Rush did to have a championship program. We will keep Rogers as long as he doesn't have sub 500 teams annually like Tim Chokely did.

So Rogers is your typical "9 to 5" coach whereas Rush was still working on football outside of football hours, eh?

7 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

So Rogers is your typical "9 to 5" coach whereas Rush was still working on football outside of football hours, eh?

I wouldn't say "9-5" exactly, but he isn't coming in at 5 or so in the morning and staying until 11, then going home to watch film until after midnight. Of course, this is what I have been told. 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, CCBlackhatter said:

I wouldn't say "9-5" exactly, but he isn't coming in at 5 or so in the morning and staying until 11, then going home to watch film until after midnight. Of course, this is what I have been told. 

As much as Rush guess called out for his actions, it seems that he did love the game and truly care about it as a way of life more than a Friday night exhibition. I guess I owe him props for that, despite all the hate I've dished out towards him.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, CCBlackhatter said:

Justin put in a lot of hours last year that I can vouch for him on. They weren't the same type of hours Rush put in, but, it was a lot. As the season progressed the amount of hours they all worked got longer and longer. I think Justin is a good father to his kids and husband to his wife and he tries to strike a balance between home life and coaching life, whereas Rush was coach first and everything else second. The results in personal life are visible in the two men due to how they approach these things.

16 hours ago, ngdawg said:

As much as Rush guess called out for his actions, it seems that he did love the game and truly care about it as a way of life more than a Friday night exhibition. I guess I owe him props for that, despite all the hate I've dished out towards him.

Rush is an old school type coach. I think he views fear as the strongest motivator for people, and he would be correct. If the players respect, trust and love you first, then, you also are a disciplinarian they fear disappointing you and the workouts that come as a punishment etc.  Same goes for how he prepared the team for games. Each speech was different depending on the team we were facing that week, but they all boiled down to we have to be hungrier. We have more reasons to be hungry and etc. 

While a lot of people dislike his style and some dislike his methods... It simply can't be denied that his methodology is super effective. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1