Statue of Junipero Serra

paladin4ever

2 hours ago, Troll said:

For others it can be a time to get all upset....

I can miss that.  (I'd say well short, not wide 😄)

and pretty sure I'll still be ok.

Now i still feel getting upset is justifiable ....

and we can still argue 'appropriate response'....

but it doesn't take any rocket scientist to figure out

that the statue rager's are only gonna hurt themselves (and their own 'cause').

🤷‍♂️

Point taken. 

Or an argument could be made, if you’re gonna get the response you need why not stretch it past the point so that it lands close to to where you wanted to be in the 1st place?

Provoking critical thought and deductive reasoning doesn’t have to be comfortable and a lie. 

bgw

10 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Point taken. 

Or an argument could be made, if you’re gonna get the response you need why not stretch it past the point so that it lands close to to where you wanted to be in the 1st place?

Provoking critical thought and deductive reasoning doesn’t have to be comfortable and a lie. 

bgw

A good point for 'negotiations' probably....

But 'negotiations' are the problem...

...not the solution.

You are never going to bring both sides together,

when sitting on 'opposite' sides of the negotiating table...

PS: In this case, where the "stretch" is NOW removing statues from museums, you know, where everyone was just told they all belong (which 'was' a certainly reasonable approach) ....

......isn't helping any. 🤷‍♂️

37 minutes ago, Troll said:

A good point for 'negotiations' probably....

But 'negotiations' are the problem...

...not the solution.

You are never going to bring both sides together,

when sitting on 'opposite' sides of the negotiating table...

PS: In this case, where the "stretch" is NOW removing statues from museums, you know, where everyone was just told they all belong (which 'was' a certainly reasonable approach) ....

......isn't helping any. 🤷‍♂️

My original post to this was "here we are in a historical context", beat a dog long enough, the dog will bite.

My intent was never to bring the sides together. Exercise in futility, the default reflex and defensive posturing is too entrenched.

My intent is pointless, just like everything on this side of the forum... the dogs are barking but the dogs are not listening.

bgw

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

My original post to this was "here we are in a historical context", beat a dog long enough, the dog will bite.

My intent was never to bring the sides together. Exercise in futility, the default reflex and defensive posturing is too entrenched.

My intent is pointless, just like everything on this side of the forum... the dogs are barking but the dogs are not listening.

bgw

not pointless

you have a good point.

My intent was to not let good points go to waste ...

when actions become retaliatory instead of reconcilary.

36 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

We've lost some very good posters on this side.

I'm paying attention.

bgw

agreed....

and I'm not always right,

especially on opinion.

But I try not to be a hypocrite, and while that 'two wrongs' thingy sux balls...

most times I think I just gotta stick with it.  🤷‍♂️ 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Being a Catholic Latino who was born and raised in SoCal... this was incredibly sad...the first city in my state (San Deigo) and the first city in this nation (St. Augustine, FL) we founded by the Spanish. Although many of the Spanish were cruel to the natives, Fr Serra never was. He fought for them against the Spanish. He was a hero and is a Saint. I am sure he is asking our Lord to forgive those who did this. It really is a shame...what is next rename every city with Santa or St in its name because the Catholic is against same sex marriage? Los Angeles is named after the Virgin Mary, “Our Lady, Queen of THE ANGELS”

the do really like the bishops statement on the matter:

https://www.cacatholic.org/california-catholic-conference-issues-statement-removal-st-serra-statues-state

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Eddyr2 said:

Being a Catholic Latino who was born and raised in SoCal... this was incredibly sad...the first city in my state (San Deigo) and the first city in this nation (St. Augustine, FL) we founded by the Spanish. Although many of the Spanish were cruel to the natives, Fr Serra never was. He fought for them against the Spanish. He was a hero and is a Saint. I am sure he is asking our Lord to forgive those who did this. It really is a shame...what is next rename every city with Santa or St in its name because the Catholic is against same sex marriage? Los Angeles is named after the Virgin Mary, “Our Lady, Queen of THE ANGELS”

the do really like the bishops statement on the matter:

https://www.cacatholic.org/california-catholic-conference-issues-statement-removal-st-serra-statues-state

I heard that the Democratic party offends many....

Just like all those statues, their name conjures up images of past offenses towards the black community...

BLM is now obligated to tear down the Democratic party.

Cancel culture at it's best.

👌

• Thumbs Down 1