Update in 2020 OOS games as of June 16th

Ga96

1 hour ago, ngdawg said:

California decided to push back as a whole? Does this include privates?

It’s not official as a whole until they make the announcement Monday but for Public schools it will be. The orders from the governor is suppose to cover private schools as well but some thing they might try to form there own associate and play in the fall. If they do (which I think is highly unlikely) they would be ineligible to play in January when the public should could play. It could be the start of a public private split which is what I’ve been saying needs to happen for years now. 

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, SoCalFball said:

It’s not official as a whole until they make the announcement Monday but for Public schools it will be. The orders from the governor is suppose to cover private schools as well but some thing they might try to form there own associate and play in the fall. If they do (which I think is highly unlikely) they would be ineligible to play in January when the public should could play. It could be the start of a public private split which is what I’ve been saying needs to happen for years now. 

Coach Negro has stated that they Will play when the CIF says they can play so there will be no rouge league for them 

20 hours ago, ngdawg said:

Anyone got an update on Marietta and Armwood's new opponents? Also, what about Oakleaf versus both Camden County and Lowndes, and Paul Bryant vs. Grayson?

I don't think there are going to be any legit Florida schedules released until the calendar is figured out. Counties are going to have to adjust the schedules of their member schools to fill any newly open dates.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
12 hours ago, ngdawg said:

Are the teams in this league any good? Or would Sycamore rip them apart? Also, are these high schools or are they just "IMGs"?

Visit t-cal.org. 

This NFHS-sanctioned league is comprised of really small Christian schools from TX. I heard they created an open, national division for independents that need a conference to call home. Teams from MS, OK, AR, KS and OH have already joined. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Trixter said:

Teams still seeking 2020 opponents:

Pulaski Academy AR

Nolan Catholic TX

Bainbridge GA

Fulton County (GA) just pushed back sports until September 14th. You'll probably see teams like Milton, Roswell, Alpharetta, Chattahoochee, etc. need some more games.

Dematha Catholic High School (8/28) and The Hun School (9/4) have cancelled against Bishop Sycamore High School, who will now take on the Massillon Tigers at Paul Brown Tiger Stadium in just 16 days.  No pressure, I'm sure they'll round up some players and have a practice or two in a public park somewhere with some little orange cones.  Go Centurions Go!