MaxPreps Preseason Top 100 2020

ngdawg

10 hours ago, Columbiafan said:

It showed he had a screw loose like who the hell headbutts a player with a helmet

Did he think about it or just pulled off that dumb move, it makes some of my game antics seem normal lol

Maybe....but still, how come something like that was held over his head even tho he was the one who received the damage? You have coaches and then you have intense coaches. I done seen some coaches do some intense shit, and what Rush did wouldn't even compare to what they did. 

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, ngdawg said:

Why was Rush Propst reinstated anyways? Don't most people hate what he did both at Hoover and Colquitt? I mean, he gave his players pills and (idiotically) banged his head against his players' helmets. What led them to reinstate him? Genuinely curious. 

Atta kid.  Now you're getting it. 

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

We keep it going I reckon. Nothing better to do. We don't have much going for us so, some folks stay in everybody else's business. 

Then some folks that are just apparently stupid, get offered jobs they didn't apply for and they can't help but go running around bragging about it or trying to talk their kid into playing ball for Valdosta and the kid goes talking about it. 

We have all types right here in this little small town. Hahaha

Who got a job they didn't apply for?

• Haha 1

And I'm not hating on Rush Propst because he beat us (several times). I just don't believe his actions should be influencing high school athletes, especially with their age and vulnerability. Sure, he wins games, but he's not instilling good values in his players. My fear is that his return to coaching pushes bad morals out to players that are otherwise good-natured.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ngdawg said:

And I'm not hating on Rush Propst because he beat us (several times). I just don't believe his actions should be influencing high school athletes, especially with their age and vulnerability. Sure, he wins games, but he's not instilling good values in his players. My fear is that his return to coaching pushes bad morals out to players that are otherwise good-natured.

PREACH!!!

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, ngdawg said:

7BBFAA3B-8EA5-4409-8FAD-1314FA202524.gif

Good coaches are role models not just in school, but in the community. If a kicker is lining up for a potentially game-winning kick, there's a difference in saying "Hey, you'd better make this kick or everyone is running laps in practice" versus "You got this. Block out all distractions and don't worry about the outcome. Focus, and know that this kick doesn't change how we view you." I just feel that Rush Propst is the type to state the first quote. And while he may win games, it's important to make your players (who are still in high school) feel welcomed and valued. I know there will be people that disagree with this view, but sometimes making better human beings is more important than winning championships.

23 minutes ago, AztecPadre said:

Who got a job they didn't apply for?

Someone was offered a job that they then started pressuring their kid into playing ball in Valdosta saying how much it would help the family financially. 

This kid then told a good friend and teammate who basically talked him into staying a Packer. More or less that's the gist of it coming from kid #2's folks. 

So, a lot of hearsay, but, we already know where there's a lot of smoke there is usually a fire there. There is a lot... A LOT of smoke around Moultrie. People talk and some people that shouldn't talk do. Like parents that get opportunities like the aforementioned evidently did. 

I'm not going to divulge any names because of the hearsay manner of the information and the kid's own best interest in mind. The people that should know about it do. 

• Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Someone was offered a job that they then started pressuring their kid into playing ball in Valdosta saying how much it would help the family financially. 

This kid then told a good friend and teammate who basically talked him into staying a Packer. More or less that's the gist of it coming from kid #2's folks. 

So, a lot of hearsay, but, we already know where there's a lot of smoke there is usually a fire there. There is a lot... A LOT of smoke around Moultrie. People talk and some people that shouldn't talk do. Like parents that get opportunities like the aforementioned evidently did. 

I'm not going to divulge any names because of the hearsay manner of the information and the kid's own best interest in mind. The people that should know about it do. 

His pops must be pissed!!!

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

At the same time the kid is being selfish.  If the new job would bring in more money and help his parents out by lessening there financial stress, then hella selfish.  

24 minutes ago, ngdawg said:

Good coaches are role models not just in school, but in the community. If a kicker is lining up for a potentially game-winning kick, there's a difference in saying "Hey, you'd better make this kick or everyone is running laps in practice" versus "You got this. Block out all distractions and don't worry about the outcome. Focus, and know that this kick doesn't change how we view you." I just feel that Rush Propst is the type to state the first quote. And while he may win games, it's important to make your players (who are still in high school) feel welcomed and valued. I know there will be people that disagree with this view, but sometimes making better human beings is more important than winning championships.

As per with most things, this all depends on which end of the kaleidoscope you are looking in through. The colors and shapes are the same but inverted and smaller from one end. 

Rush was prone to place a lot of pressure on some kids, but, he was also a good enough people reader to understand which kids needed pressure applied, how to get it done and which kids functioned better with a pat on the back and less pressure. 

The issue with people looking into the wrong end of the kaleidoscope is, they only got the news that got reported which was often not the stuff that you say makes a good coach in your opinion. 

I got some unique looks into the end you're supposed to look into. As per any situation, I saw things I didn't necessarily just love, but, never saw anything that struck my no-no square so-to-speak.  I saw a man that was a great motivator, and kids that loved him. I saw that a lot of parents didn't always like him, and some did. Same with colleagues and other staff around the school system. He had to deal with a lot of jealousy from teachers and administration alike. 

At the end of the day, the generational change that was happening in some of the most poor parts of the community far far outweighed the negative stuff imo of course. 

I think what's happening now is some attempts at lashing out and back at the Colquitt administration but it's going to be very counterproductive to what he should be trying to do for the kids over there like he was the kids here. 

All my own opinions of course. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I think the kid may have options on where he may be able to live. Uncles and grandparents etc. I'm not 100 percent in the loop with that family so I can't say for sure.

You can just pull a Wayne Hills and tell the Board that your family of 7 has moved to a studio apartment on the border of town , and have no furniture in that studio The Whole year their supposedly all living in that studio apartment 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, AztecPadre said:

At the same time the kid is being selfish.  If the new job would bring in more money and help his parents out by lessening there financial stress, then hella selfish.  

There is a nature of dislike between Valdosta and Colquitt that goes back a century. Some things are about more than money. Also family situations are interesting sometimes. Kids live with mom, or dad or both, or uncle or grandpa, and sometimes between a few of them depending on food, electricity and etc. at any given time. 

Bro, there is kids here that sleep on the floor because they have no bed. You could offer them a bed if they play for Valdosta and they may flip you off. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

You can just pull a Wayne Hills and tell the Board that your family of 7 has moved to a studio apartment on the border of town , and have no furniture in that studio The Whole year their supposedly all living in that studio apartment 

Yeah thats not exactly what I was getting at though. 

This kid's folks could take the job and start moving without asking the kid, and the kid may say I'm staying here with grandpa. This is why I think the parents lobbied the kid to move and play. The job is dependent on the kid playing ball over there. Magically there is no job if they just move and the kid stays in Moultrie. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

As per with most things, this all depends on which end of the kaleidoscope you are looking in through. The colors and shapes are the same but inverted and smaller from one end. 

Rush was prone to place a lot of pressure on some kids, but, he was also a good enough people reader to understand which kids needed pressure applied, how to get it done and which kids functioned better with a pat on the back and less pressure. 

The issue with people looking into the wrong end of the kaleidoscope is, they only got the news that got reported which was often not the stuff that you say makes a good coach in your opinion. 

I got some unique looks into the end you're supposed to look into. As per any situation, I saw things I didn't necessarily just love, but, never saw anything that struck my no-no square so-to-speak.  I saw a man that was a great motivator, and kids that loved him. I saw that a lot of parents didn't always like him, and some did. Same with colleagues and other staff around the school system. He had to deal with a lot of jealousy from teachers and administration alike. 

At the end of the day, the generational change that was happening in some of the most poor parts of the community far far outweighed the negative stuff imo of course. 

I think what's happening now is some attempts at lashing out and back at the Colquitt administration but it's going to be very counterproductive to what he should be trying to do for the kids over there like he was the kids here. 

All my own opinions of course. 

You bring up some great points. I've only seen Rush Propst in person twice. However, during the 2017 state championship, he was very vocal with the referees (Jim Harbaugh style) and he always seemed disappointed in his team's performance. After the game finished, he threw his play sheet and stormed off the field as the rest of his players finished shaking hands. And yes, you are right in the sense that a lot of the news I hear about coach Propst is from media outlets. I haven't and probably won't get to see through the other end of the kaleidoscope. But from what I saw that night and in the 2018 playoffs, Rush Propst seemed to fit the description provided by the media. And I must admit, there was a lot of celebration up here in North Gwinnett when we heard about his dismissal from Colquitt (but that was mainly because of some kids at our school who didn't like getting beat by him). However, given his history in Alabama and here, it's gonna hard to change my view of him, even if his positives have outweighed his negatives. I hope you take no offense to this.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

There is a nature of dislike between Valdosta and Colquitt that goes back a century. Some things are about more than money. Also family situations are interesting sometimes. Kids live with mom, or dad or both, or uncle or grandpa, and sometimes between a few of them depending on food, electricity and etc. at any given time. 

Bro, there is kids here that sleep on the floor because they have no bed. You could offer them a bed if they play for Valdosta and they may flip you off. 

Sometimes, people won't understand that football runs deeper than simply the game. Rivalries like those in South Georgia are as much about pride, class, and race as they are about football. I only came to this realization a year ago. When a North Georgia team plays a South Georgia team, I have realized that it means more than just who wins and who loses: it's a symbol of the internal struggle. If I read the bolded statement two years ago, I would have said that you are crazy. But I understand now that it means more than just a game.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Yeah thats not exactly what I was getting at though. 

This kid's folks could take the job and start moving without asking the kid, and the kid may say I'm staying here with grandpa. This is why I think the parents lobbied the kid to move and play. The job is dependent on the kid playing ball over there. Magically there is no job if they just move and the kid stays in Moultrie. 

Off topic but do you see Wars brother Staying with packers or playing for Rush

im shocked he committed so soon to Austin peavy

I feel this is a good question, I was wondering if I should make it a thread, discussion topic, or just ask here, in the entire history of High School Football national titles, national championships, how many times has a public school won it compared to private/parochial schools? I would assume private/parochical schools, have won it more times than public, like what is the number comparison.

6 minutes ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

Off topic but do you see Wars brother Staying with packers or playing for Rush

im shocked he committed so soon to Austin peavy

I think he stays in Moultrie. He's smart to commit early in my opinion as well. His upside apparently doesn't seem as high as Jay's was due to his inability to put on weight. He is technically very sound as a coverage guy though, as are a lot of kids coached by Dextra Polite. 

I was hoping he would get some bigger time offers, and, some may still come, but with so much craziness with the pandemic and the season maybe not even happen, I think the move is good for him. Get that education first.