MaxPreps Preseason Top 100 2020

ngdawg

2 hours ago, MC Rockets said:

And TV exposure, especially if ESPN has their hand in it. 

Oh yeah. I wish ESPN would cover more high school games every week and I wish they would broadcast more in-state games with teams that are highly ranked. For example, in 2018, ESPN showed up to the Walton-North Gwinnett game, which was an in-state game. Walton won 27-24 in a great game that I believe would have definitely never seen the light of day had ESPN not been there. Additionally, North Gwinnett's quarterback JR Martin had a behind-the-back move that resulted in a touchdown, and it made SportsCenter's Top 10 the next day. Had ESPN not been there, that play would have never been documented (much like the entire North Gwinnett-Armwood game). I bet there are so many top ranked in-state games across the nation that end up being classics, but they are never popularized because ESPN prioritizes interstate games. 

1 hour ago, ngdawg said:

Oh yeah. I wish ESPN would cover more high school games every week and I wish they would broadcast more in-state games with teams that are highly ranked. For example, in 2018, ESPN showed up to the Walton-North Gwinnett game, which was an in-state game. Walton won 27-24 in a great game that I believe would have definitely never seen the light of day had ESPN not been there. Additionally, North Gwinnett's quarterback JR Martin had a behind-the-back move that resulted in a touchdown, and it made SportsCenter's Top 10 the next day. Had ESPN not been there, that play would have never been documented (much like the entire North Gwinnett-Armwood game). I bet there are so many top ranked in-state games across the nation that end up being classics, but they are never popularized because ESPN prioritizes interstate games. 

I totally agree. Back in 2013 Miami Central played Booker T Washington in #1 vs #2. They had a game with two teams from Kansas on all because an offensive lineman was on the top of their 300. An offensive lineman? C'mon man!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, MC Rockets said:

I totally agree. Back in 2013 Miami Central played Booker T Washington in #1 vs #2. They had a game with two teams from Kansas on all because an offensive lineman was on the top of their 300. An offensive lineman? C'mon man!!!

At the end of the day, they are a business. If going to Kansas to promote an offensive linemen drew more people to their top 300 rankings, I guess they would do whatever it takes. What we really need is an organization that caters to the people's wants instead of popularity. Something along the lines of NFHS Network but with better camera crews and commentators.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ngdawg said:

Love how DLS is the most famous high school in the nation even though Valdosta has the most wins in high school football history. Maybe another example of bias towards Californian teams? 

Ha young buck, DLS is by far and away the most recognized high school football team in the nation.  How many New York times best seller books or MAJOR motion picture movies have been made about valdusta?  DLS has been ranked the  number 1 team in the decade in the 90's, 2000's and 2010's.  How you comin?  @imaGoodBoyNow handle the light work for me homie. 

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, AztecPadre said:

Ha young buck, DLS is by far and away the most recognized high school football team in the nation.  How many New York times best seller books or MAJOR motion picture movies have been made about valdusta?  DLS has been ranked the  number 1 team in the decade in the 90's, 2000's and 2010's.  How you comin?  @imaGoodBoyNow handle the light work for me homie. 

That’s Buwey’s kid , I tried but until his brain is fully developed there’s no arguing with the kid

hes definitely one of the Ga Homers on here’s kid 

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

That’s Buwey’s kid , I tried but until his brain is fully developed there’s no arguing with the kid

So you're the trolls I was warned about. Also, Buford and North Gwinnett have its own little rivalry (non-football related). It's just that I have respect for him because unlike you, he can voice his opinion appropriately. So can Ga96 and others. It seems like most people here have respect for each other. That's obviously not evident with you. Sure, I may be new on these boards, but my contributions seem to have already outnumbered yours. Best wishes.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

It would be cool to see a four team tournament with Valdosta, John Curtis, De La Salle and Massillon. All four programs with a lot of history. I personally would wanna see de la salle vs john curtis....just to see who runs that veer offense the best. 

Along those lines, it would be cool to see a national high school football tournament played out with 64 teams. We probably know who will be in the finals, but seeing the upsets on the way to the finals might be the best part.

On 6/17/2020 at 10:09 PM, FootballGuy said:

Stop rubbin it in, you ass! Lol

I ain't mad. I feel the same as Rufus about it. Tajh didn't bleed black and gold if he left like that anyway. 

We don't need them types. Our team thrives on being a team. Growing up together. Playing rec ball together. Etc. 

A kid with that many offers and all already, leaving his "brothers" behind, wasn't a team guy anyway. There was no good reason to leave really unless his dad got some nice paying job and all in order to facilitate the move. I've heard a little talk about some parents magically getting job offers and all. The kids talk. Turns out, I'm community oriented enough that I get to hear some things where some kids talk others into staying after being told their parents and family could use the money and all. There's a lot going on. I don't normally talk out about it, but, it's a little out there when kids are talking to each other that their parents are putting them on the spot about finances. These are high school kids. One as young as 10th grade that I know of. Valdosta gonna get in trouble over there is what's gonna happen if they don't slap a chill pill or two down their old cat gullet. 

35 minutes ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

Ain’t my Son. Mine probably would’ve found some witty way to tell you to “fuck off, you know nothing Jovi wannabe jersey maggot”. 

Gets the bad attitude from his Mama. 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I ain't mad. I feel the same as Rufus about it. Tajh didn't bleed black and gold if he left like that anyway. 

We don't need them types. Our team thrives on being a team. Growing up together. Playing rec ball together. Etc. 

A kid with that many offers and all already, leaving his "brothers" behind, wasn't a team guy anyway. There was no good reason to leave really unless his dad got some nice paying job and all in order to facilitate the move. I've heard a little talk about some parents magically getting job offers and all. The kids talk. Turns out, I'm community oriented enough that I get to hear some things where some kids talk others into staying after being told their parents and family could use the money and all. There's a lot going on. I don't normally talk out about it, but, it's a little out there when kids are talking to each other that their parents are putting them on the spot about finances. These are high school kids. One as young as 10th grade that I know of. Valdosta gonna get in trouble over there is what's gonna happen if they don't slap a chill pill or two down their old cat gullet. 

I mean Valdosta maybe could have got away with this with any other coach but it being Rush Propst and the magnifying glass GSHA has on him for last 10 years

be expected to here from them because every coach parent and teacher will be sending the board complaints 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

A 17 yr old kid shouldn’t have to be the breadwinner for the family. 

sucks

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, ngdawg said:

Along those lines, it would be cool to see a national high school football tournament played out with 64 teams. We probably know who will be in the finals, but seeing the upsets on the way to the finals might be the best part.

I doubt that it would be feasible to do with that many teams

I doubt that it would be feasible to do with that many teams

Yeah it probably will never be a reality but still it's something I'd love to see and I'm sure many others would like to see. Sure, we can run simulations or predictions, but that takes away the probability of upsets. Just hope they could run it someday.

39 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

So... where's the blame placed? Rush or the kids for not being team first guys? And to be real, for South Georgia's sake, they better pray to God that Valdosta doesn't win state because there will be more transfer down to Titletown.....Colquitt, Brooks County, Lee County, Clinch County, Irwin County, Lowndes, etc. 

But like I said before, we knew that this was gonna happen. 

Why was Rush Propst reinstated anyways? Don't most people hate what he did both at Hoover and Colquitt? I mean, he gave his players pills and (idiotically) banged his head against his players' helmets. What led them to reinstate him? Genuinely curious. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, ngdawg said:

So you're the trolls I was warned about. Also, Buford and North Gwinnett have its own little rivalry (non-football related). It's just that I have respect for him because unlike you, he can voice his opinion appropriately. So can Ga96 and others. It seems like most people here have respect for each other. That's obviously not evident with you. Sure, I may be new on these boards, but my contributions seem to have already outnumbered yours. Best wishes.

😎😎😎

Say LDT, whatchu tink now?

bgw

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

So... where's the blame placed? Rush or the kids for not being team first guys? And to be real, for South Georgia's sake, they better pray to God that Valdosta doesn't win state because there will be more transfer down to Titletown.....Colquitt, Brooks County, Lee County, Clinch County, Irwin County, Lowndes, etc. 

But like I said before, we knew that this was gonna happen. 

Yeah, I always expected that some kids would want to play for Rush. Even knowing that, I still defended Rush and talked him up because I knew how shitty he was done. I kept my tongue bit when he did a radio interview and told an outright lie that I know for a fact was a lie. I'll save that one, and I have proof even though it's not so important anymore because he's hired already now. 

I didn't want to do anything to wreck his chance at landing that job because of how shitty he got done in Moultrie by some jack asses. 

There's some lines being crossed at this point though. All I'm saying, is they need to chill down. Idk who they are, if it's Rush behind some of it or just boosters or who, but, when folks haven't applied for a job but they get called and offered jobs they never applied for in the first place, there's some clear bullshit going on. xD

Then their kids are out here telling their teammates some of it and whatever, it's getting around pretty good now. Secrets like that don't keep easy when there's so much hard feelings to go around. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Yeah, I always expected that some kids would want to play for Rush. Even knowing that, I still defended Rush and talked him up because I knew how shitty he was done. I kept my tongue bit when he did a radio interview and told an outright lie that I know for a fact was a lie. I'll save that one, and I have proof. It's not so important anymore because he's hired already now. 

I didn't want to do anything to wreck his chance at landing that job because of how shitty he got done in Moultrie by some jack asses. 

There's some lines being crossed at this point though. All I'm saying, is they need to chill down. Idk who they are, if it's Rush behind some of it or just boosters or who, but, when folks haven't applied for a job but they get called and offered jobs they never applied for in the first place, there's some clear bullshit going on. xD

Then their kids are out here telling their teammates some of it and whatever, it's getting around pretty good now. Secrets like that don't keep easy when there's so much hard feelings to go around. 

For being such a small town in west bumblefuck, Moultrie sure do got some drama always happening 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

For being such a small town in west bumblefuck, Moultrie sure do got some drama always happening 

We keep it going I reckon. Nothing better to do. We don't have much going for us so, some folks stay in everybody else's business. 

Then some folks that are just apparently stupid, get offered jobs they didn't apply for and they can't help but go running around bragging about it or trying to talk their kid into playing ball for Valdosta and the kid goes talking about it. 

We have all types right here in this little small town. Hahaha

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, ngdawg said:

Why was Rush Propst reinstated anyways? Don't most people hate what he did both at Hoover and Colquitt? I mean, he gave his players pills and (idiotically) banged his head against his players' helmets. What led them to reinstate him? Genuinely curious. 

1. Context really matters here.

2. Seriously, why does the man get villanized for headbutting a player with a helmet on in which he caused more damage to himself?

• Haha 1

1. Context really matters here.

2. Seriously, why does the man get villanized for headbutting a player with a helmet on in which he caused more damage to himself?

It showed he had a screw loose like who the hell headbutts a player with a helmet

Did he think about it or just pulled off that dumb move, it makes some of my game antics seem normal lol

2 hours ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

Small towns normally have more drama because families get in power and when they feel threatened they do whatever they have to in order to keep themselves in power, even at the expense of the programs success