MaxPreps Preseason Top 100 2020

ngdawg

31 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

Who would be in better shape in 4a South though?

U school has lost a few transfers 

Will BTW be able to match the talent of last year?

Can Carol City bounce back?

Cardinal Gibbons? Monsignor Pace?

But I do believe whoever comes out of 4a South can handle a Bolles or Cocoa out of the North

Not a Florida high school football fan, so my opinions may not be as credible as you all like. Maybe I provide an unbiased view? First off, I see Carol City bouncing back to their high status as they usually have. I can't say the same for Monsignor Pace, as they have had 5 or less wins in 2019, 2018, and 2016. Cardinal Gibbons seems to be a very good team. I feel like CG could end next year ranked in the top 125 nationally. Seems as if Booker T. Washington had a surprise year, winning state after going under .500 the previous two years. I expect them to be a 7-3 or 8-2 type team next year. From what I see, Carol City and Cardinal Gibbons would be the two teams in better shape in the 4A South.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, HooverOutlaw said:

Thompson right now on paper is the best team in Alabama.   

I agree, but next year Central could give Thompson a run for its money. Hoover could also be in the conversation, but first I would like to see how they stand up against Lowndes, a GA power, especially considering the last time they played a GA team (2017), they lost by 9 to Grayson. Would love to see a Central-Thompson game next year in the playoffs, and I bet the Thompson-Hoover game on October 23rd will give a good idea as to which team is a contender and which is a pretender.

1 hour ago, Columbiafan said:

Who would be in better shape in 4a South though?

U school has lost a few transfers 

Will BTW be able to match the talent of last year?

Can Carol City bounce back?

Cardinal Gibbons? Monsignor Pace?

But I do believe whoever comes out of 4a South can handle a Bolles or Cocoa out of the North

BTW probably has the best QB in Miami Dade County. With WR's coming back too, I'd be shocked if they don't make it back to state.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, ngdawg said:

Not a Florida high school football fan, so my opinions may not be as credible as you all like. Maybe I provide an unbiased view? First off, I see Carol City bouncing back to their high status as they usually have. I can't say the same for Monsignor Pace, as they have had 5 or less wins in 2019, 2018, and 2016. Cardinal Gibbons seems to be a very good team. I feel like CG could end next year ranked in the top 125 nationally. Seems as if Booker T. Washington had a surprise year, winning state after going under .500 the previous two years. I expect them to be a 7-3 or 8-2 type team next year. From what I see, Carol City and Cardinal Gibbons would be the two teams in better shape in the 4A South.

Monsignor Pace will likely be a playoff team and they have picked up a few decent transfers, not really a threat in 4a South but improving

3 hours ago, 954gator said:

Some of these Cali selections are TOO funny! 

Servite in the top 25?!

@76 in the nation we have St. Bernard (Playa del Rey, California)

LMAO you can’t make this shit up!

71C2C425-8DA3-4981-9531-B5822D553EC3.gif

Disgraced ex-Narbonne coach Manny Douglass is now at St. Bernards. It’s no surprise they got a large influx of impact transfers. What a joke!

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Columbiafan said:

Lakeland loses quite a bit, they will be a playoff team but top 100 may be a stretch

I would have considered someone like Gulliver Prep in that spot 

I'm not able to get a clear read on Lakeland yet. I'm not aware of any transfers (though I'm not connected, so who knows). The senior class looks a bit on the weak side, but the 2022 and 2023 classes look pretty loaded. They have a couple of guys with high Power 5 offers on the D-line. They have some good young talent, but some holes that I don't know who will fill them. I don't see them being a top 3 team in 7A this year, but that doesn't mean they aren't a top 68 team nationally. Like 954gator said, look at some of the teams just ahead or below them. 

• Like 1

Kinda random, but does anyone have thoughts on Westlake (GA)? They have 4 players in the top 50 players in Georgia. They also picked up a wide receiver transfer from McEachern, Decari Collins. CB Nathaniel Wiggins is rated as the 10th best corner in the country. Yet I don't hear Westlake's name used much among Georgia football fans. Is 2020 Westlake overrated?

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, 954gator said:

Ok at least there's some sort of explanation.   What are they rolling with over there now?   

All the kids that would have gone to Narbonne are now going to Bernards. They recently had 4-5 D1 guys transfer over from Jserra alone. They should do well in the lower division, Douglas won a couple state titles at Narbonne in Division 1-A . Preseason #75 is probably too high for them but they’ll be pretty good.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, ngdawg said:

Kinda random, but does anyone have thoughts on Westlake (GA)? They have 4 players in the top 50 players in Georgia. They also picked up a wide receiver transfer from McEachern, Decari Collins. CB Nathaniel Wiggins is rated as the 10th best corner in the country. Yet I don't hear Westlake's name used much among Georgia football fans. Is 2020 Westlake overrated?

Westlake has a new coach, second season bit of a unknown. Talent was not in short supply. 

My bet would be that everyone is not paying attention because history hasn’t been on Westlake’s side. 

Im watching to see how it plays out, I don’t know much about the “new” coach. 

bgw

1 minute ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Westlake has a new coach, second season bit of a unknown. Talent was not in short supply. 

My bet would be that everyone is not paying attention because history hasn’t been on Westlake’s side. 

Im watching to see how it plays out, I don’t know much about the “new” coach. 

bgw

They are also a 6A team from 7A, so I wonder how big of a factor that will play. I'm excited to see how far they go next year. Thanks for your input.

1 minute ago, ngdawg said:

They are also a 6A team from 7A, so I wonder how big of a factor that will play. I'm excited to see how far they go next year. Thanks for your input.

6A is pretty stout, even though Westlake is metro... never a shortage of talent it seems, just haven’t generated enough noise for those who follow to notice. 

Going to be a tossup who wins 6A. 

bgw

2 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

6A is pretty stout, even though Westlake is metro... never a shortage of talent it seems, just haven’t generated enough noise for those who follow to notice. 

Going to be a tossup who wins 6A. 

bgw

I've got my eye on Valdosta, Westlake, Dacula, and Lee County. I would've also said Harrison but they moved up to 7A, and that's anybody's guess as to how well they do. Honestly, 6A could be as fun as 7A, it's getting slept on a lot.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, ngdawg said:

I've got my eye on Valdosta, Westlake, Dacula, and Lee County. I would've also said Harrison but they moved up to 7A, and that's anybody's guess as to how well they do. Honestly, 6A could be as fun as 7A, it's getting slept on a lot.

Buford is a contender for 6A as well. 6A might be more loaded than 7A this year. Either way, the 6A final is gonna be a dandy. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

Buford is a contender for 6A as well. 6A might be more loaded than 7A this year. Either way, the 6A final is gonna be a dandy. 

Ah, I forgot they moved up. 6A playoffs may honestly be the move over 7A playoffs. Also, I'd watch for the Westlake-Colquitt County game next year. Seems like we all know who's gonna win, but maybe there's an upset in store? 6A vs. 7A matchups are gonna be better this year than ever before.

• Like 1

Looks like MaxPreps's rankers decided to start putting in underdogs as they hit the 70s and onwards, St. Bernard went 4-6 last year and Hewitt-Trussville went 6-4. Yet they place Warner Robins (GA) at 88 despite having been to 3 straight state championship games in a 5A class that includes Rome and Buford, two outstanding programs.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, HurricaneNick said:

All the kids that would have gone to Narbonne are now going to Bernards. They recently had 4-5 D1 guys transfer over from Jserra alone. They should do well in the lower division, Douglas won a couple state titles at Narbonne in Division 1-A . Preseason #75 is probably too high for them but they’ll be pretty good.

St. Bernard also got transfers from JSerra, including New Zealand Williams and Earnest Mcdaniel. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ngdawg said:

Looks like MaxPreps's rankers decided to start putting in underdogs as they hit the 70s and onwards, St. Bernard went 4-6 last year and Hewitt-Trussville went 6-4. Yet they place Warner Robins (GA) at 88 despite having been to 3 straight state championship games in a 5A class that includes Rome and Buford, two outstanding programs.

@AztecPadre Helpppppppp

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ngdawg said:

Fuck it, let’s call maxpeeps up and tell them might as well add every Ga team in the max 100

if were being honest MP was being Generous, cause I don’t see Wiennie Wabbons as a top 250 National team

top 100 in Georgia 

Sure 

top 100 nationally 

D0B8ECDA-9634-4E73-85B5-3EC6F52CD1F2.gif

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, ngdawg said:

3 minutes ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

Fuck it, let’s call maxpeeps up and tell them might as well add every Ga team in the max 100

if were being honest MP was being Generous, cause I don’t see Wiennie Wabbons as a top 250 National team

top 100 in Georgia 

Sure 

top 100 nationally 

D0B8ECDA-9634-4E73-85B5-3EC6F52CD1F2.gif

BainBridge beat WR for Christ sake , so does that make BainBridge a top 50 team in America 😂 

get back to zoom class

• Haha 2