Georgia fans got a question

HooverOutlaw

I'm not sure on Lowndes with the coaching change and all. I know they're pretty loaded with talent, but, personally, think it's difficult to navigate a coaching change like they're doing. At least they're not dealing with a lot of outside noise like Colquitt was last year during their coaching change. 

They'll be good. Idk how good. I'd expect a good ol hard-nosed football game. 

• Like 1

DuBose knows Hoover Niblett knows DuBose.  Sounds like they will have a bunch of speed. They also have a college level DL. We will be good at qb and running back.  No spring practice or 7 on 7  etc will have an effect. I think returning a bunch of starters will be an advantage with limited practices.  I hoping we can be a little more lucky with injuries we were snake bit last year.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

MaxPreps seems to think Lowndes is worthy of a 12 ranking. 

Pretty stout, if you like MaxPreps. 

Me? IDK if Hoover has enough size on the line for that speed and quickness that’s coming defensively. 

bgw

We have has issues with 300lb plus 5 star linemen like IMG and St John's. 

3 hours ago, HooverOutlaw said:

Is Lowndes a top 15 national team in yalls opinion.  If they are Hoover is a hugh underdog in this game.  

Does Lowndes have a preseason game before the Corky Kell?  Right now Hoover does not that is a hugh advantage for Lowndes.  Waiting on final rules from the AHSAA. 

We don't have a preseason game set up yet. I expect us to have a red vs white scrimmage.  Might get some 7 on 7 in. When dubose first came he said he wasn't gonna change much this year from what the team did last year. Looking at our roster it seems we had some favoritism problems last year when it came to certain positions mainly CB and Safety.  We had a 5'10 corner that couldn't tackle to save his life #5 if you check out the games on Youtube he will standout and we had a CB/S that just looked lost on the field #24. Those 2 were the worst starters on the team and idk how they played when I looked at the roster we got 6'2 corners playing jv. 

Lowndes has a lot of talent, but can be beaten if you can take the QB running the ball away from them. That’s how Marietta was able to shut them down. He hasn’t show. The ability to win games through the air consistently yet and that’s how hoover can have success.

Marietta didn’t have a big DL, but fast athletic kids who were players and LBs that could read and react. 

If hoover can do that I expect a great game! 

Jacurri Brown runs the football great from the QB spot, but stopping him is easier said than done in my opinion. I know for a fact that North Gwinnett spent a lot of time focusing on him prior to the state semis last year, yet he ran all over them. The goal is easy: stop the QB rush, but it's much harder to stop when you're on the field (just my opinion). Hoover is a great program and I think they can do a good job of containing Jacurri, so if they can limit him on the ground and force him to pass often, this game could be really close and fun.

7 hours ago, ngdawg said:

Jacurri Brown runs the football great from the QB spot, but stopping him is easier said than done in my opinion. I know for a fact that North Gwinnett spent a lot of time focusing on him prior to the state semis last year, yet he ran all over them. The goal is easy: stop the QB rush, but it's much harder to stop when you're on the field (just my opinion). Hoover is a great program and I think they can do a good job of containing Jacurri, so if they can limit him on the ground and force him to pass often, this game could be really close and fun.

Ive watched him since he was in the 5th grade he can throw and he was just named the top QB at the elite QB camp in Atlanta before the virus. He can throw he was just running the plays that were called. I don't know how much passing he will do this year due to a new coach and plays but once he is a senior majority of his plays will be in the spread. He has an above average arm but has a quick trigger in the pocket if he is rushed. For a QB with his running ability he doesn't take off and run when he drops back he will stay in the pocket and try to find someone. He is only a junior so he is doing fine to also be a 4star already.

• Like 1

With the exception of the Marietta state championship game, I think Lowndes overall played like a top-15 team nationally last year. I definitely expect that to continue next year as they are easily the best or second-best team in Georgia (behind Grayson possibly?)

50 minutes ago, ngdawg said:

With the exception of the Marietta state championship game, I think Lowndes overall played like a top-15 team nationally last year. I definitely expect that to continue next year as they are easily the best or second-best team in Georgia (behind Grayson possibly?)

Grayson is a toss up due to their past. They have shown having loads of talent doesn't always work. Lowndes has knocked them out of the playoffs the last 2 years.

Fair, but with the placement of teams in next year's bracket, Grayson would only face Lowndes in the state championship game. With the addition of a weak region schedule (with the exception of Parkview), I think Grayson can possibly find its place in the championship game. Per my predictions, Grayson would have to play North Cobb, Camden County, Archer, and North Gwinnett to reach the finals. I feel that this is a very real possibility, even if it has been 4 years since Grayson beat Roswell in overtime in the state championship game.

• Like 1