Judgement call

FootballGuy

42 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Well... to be fair. The Pack gave that game away. How much of that “effect” played on the Packers, IDK. 

bgw

Sleeping in your own bed makes a difference.  All those Atlanta teams have a home field advantage over the rest of the state.  A 20 minute bus ride to the Benz/Dome vs roughly 4 hours and spending  nights in hotels is advantage and anybodywith any sports sense understands this. Hoover will have a shorter trip to the Benz vs those south Georgia teams.  I remember all those big 8 teams playing in the Orange Bowl and crying it was an advantage for Miami no different in this deal.  

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

56 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Yeah, down at the one...Peach. 

bgw

Exactly. What made it even more frustrating is that only ONE official made the call. They didn't even huddle up to discuss it. I was there at the Benz that day (to watch my Demons play), and some of the shit I heard after the ref made that call was too much for my little, ole ears. 

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

You know what? I never got your take on how you and the Colquitt fans felt after that heartbreaking loss @HawgGoneIt. I can't even imagine how y'all felt after that. 

Well, there was a lot of emotions going on even for us fans. Most of us were on the way to the Benz, had rooms booked etc. when the decision came down to postpone. It was a huge let down for the fans so I can only imagine what the coaches and players felt. 

Then having it slip away the way it did was certainly tough. That season was a hell of roller coaster ride all around, so, it was only fitting it ended like a roller coaster too. 

• Thanks 2
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Well, there was a lot of emotions going on even for us fans. Most of us were on the way to the Benz, had rooms booked etc. when the decision came down to postpone. It was a huge let down for the fans so I can only imagine what the coaches and players felt. 

Then having it slip away the way it did was certainly tough. That season was a hell of roller coaster ride all around, so, it was only fitting it ended like a roller coaster too. 

We were in the Anniston area and turned back around.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, HooverOutlaw said:

Sleeping in your own bed makes a difference.  All those Atlanta teams have a home field advantage over the rest of the state.  A 20 minute bus ride to the Benz/Dome vs roughly 4 hours and spending  nights in hotels is advantage and anybodywith any sports sense understands this. Hoover will have a shorter trip to the Benz vs those south Georgia teams.  I remember all those big 8 teams playing in the Orange Bowl and crying it was an advantage for Miami no different in this deal.  

If spending the night in a hotel is such a disadvantage why does your boy hole up in them before every game? 

12 hours ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

NG got lucky. Christmas came early. Wasn’t impressed with NG. At all. 

bgw

Marietta ran up and down the field on them like 7v7, just couldn’t get a stop. That’s why I thought cc would crush them. 

Losing Ojulari in the first quarter hurt on defense, but you can’t give up 51 and expect to beat anybody. 

If NG didn’t impress you, you had to be downright disgusted with cc and their effort, no? 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Sweetlarry said:

If spending the night in a hotel is such a disadvantage why does your boy hole up in them before every game? 

Get the team focused and away from an unstable home situation and away from girlfriend.  Spending a night in a hotel 4 hours away is a disadvantage and riding that 4 hours. While at Hoover only did it a few times a year before big games like Nease and Tebow.  Maybe somebody from Colquitt can post their exact hotel home schedule for Rush's time there. Maybe if Marietta were to try spending a night in a hotel before a big game they would have more than 1 title ever 50 years. That donation I made is a start lol.

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, HooverOutlaw said:

Get the team focused and away from an unstable home situation and away from girlfriend.  Spending a night in a hotel 4 hours away is a disadvantage and riding that 4 hours. While at Hoover only did it a few times a year before big games like Nease and Tebow.  Maybe somebody from Colquitt can post their exact hotel home schedule for Rush's time there. Maybe if Marietta were to try spending a night in a hotel before a big game they would have more than 1 title ever 50 years. That donation I made is a start lol.

Bro, whole we appreciate the donation, it won’t be enough for one room for one night at the local no tell motel. 😂 

Not buying it. 36 hours and a night in a cushy bed should be plants of recovery time for a kid. I know you’re like some who would rather be water boarded than speak ill of crp, but dude what the best in two straight finals against metro teams who frankly shouldn’t have been able to compete.

And before Any of y’all try to blame the coordinators or whoever, stop. If he’s gonna get the credit (and he does) for all of the good he gets blame for all of the bad. 

Know if you wanna find another wager I’d be happy to give you a shot to win your money back. I’m just a swell fella like that! 😀 

3 hours ago, Sweetlarry said:

Marietta ran up and down the field on them like 7v7, just couldn’t get a stop. That’s why I thought cc would crush them. 

Losing Ojulari in the first quarter hurt on defense, but you can’t give up 51 and expect to beat anybody. 

If NG didn’t impress you, you had to be downright disgusted with cc and their effort, no? 

I appreciated the effort and poise considering what the Packers had to go through to get to the Ship.

I was shocked and stunned by the turn of events, unforced turnovers I like to call them... PI and too many players on the field.

I was pretty pissed, and only one concession stand open, real jack leg operation by NG.

bgw

16 minutes ago, Sweetlarry said:

Bro, whole we appreciate the donation, it won’t be enough for one room for one night at the local no tell motel. 😂 

Not buying it. 36 hours and a night in a cushy bed should be plants of recovery time for a kid. I know you’re like some who would rather be water boarded than speak ill of crp, but dude what the best in two straight finals against metro teams who frankly shouldn’t have been able to compete.

And before Any of y’all try to blame the coordinators or whoever, stop. If he’s gonna get the credit (and he does) for all of the good he gets blame for all of the bad. 

Know if you wanna find another wager I’d be happy to give you a shot to win your money back. I’m just a swell fella like that! 😀 

Didn't Marietta have to fly across the country back in December and spend the night in a hotel with limited sleep because they had to do a walk through for Eastside Catholic? They seemed to have zero issues with that. 

1 hour ago, Sweetlarry said:

1 hour ago, Sweetlarry said:

We will come up with another bet come football season. 

On 6/15/2020 at 3:59 PM, FootballGuy said:

Remember a few years ago when a playoff baseball game had to be replayed between Lee County and Johns Creek due to a judgement call? Well how come those rules didn't apply to this situation? Now I'm aware that we're comparing semifinals to a state championship game, but still the ref made a judgement call in this game that cost Peach County a state championship....possibly. What y'all think? @TheMaximumHornetSting @HawgGoneIt @Sweetlarry @ATLien12x @BUFORDGAWOLVES

Similar to dex Bryant Vs Green baby...ball at the 1 yd line...ground can't cause a fumble...plain and simple

On 6/15/2020 at 3:59 PM, FootballGuy said:

Remember a few years ago when a playoff baseball game had to be replayed between Lee County and Johns Creek due to a judgement call? Well how come those rules didn't apply to this situation? Now I'm aware that we're comparing semifinals to a state championship game, but still the ref made a judgement call in this game that cost Peach County a state championship....possibly. What y'all think? @TheMaximumHornetSting @HawgGoneIt @Sweetlarry @ATLien12x @BUFORDGAWOLVES

Sketchy refs in GA?  

2DC2E543-BB19-4A25-8894-7E1A73F67AC4.gif

That’s not even a judgment call that’s a BS call.   It’s a TD or Peach County ball 1st and goal from a few inches out.   

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, 954gator said:

Yeah that’s not even a judgment call. It’s a completely blown call.   That’s a TD or at the very least 1st and goal from a foot out.

Video footage and all, but the higher ups at ghsa didn't even care, but they made sure to rectify that judgement call in the lee county/john creek baseball game. It's crazy, man. 

• Like 1