California High School Football

Jerry

On 6/28/2020 at 10:04 AM, HurricaneNick said:

It’s not like we’re the top HS in America for athletes or have elite academics & facilities. Families sending or transferring their kids to a school that consistently places students in the Ivy League while also having one of the most diverse student bodies at a private school in the state? No way it’s all about football! 

B0E208F7-6556-45CA-A899-2DAB254F9567.jpeg

88B48CCF-9E23-4EA5-8EFE-51319FDBEC5E.png

FE5796C8-D38D-4DF1-97C3-F9C959201D43.png

45A1285D-F577-4721-81AD-DFFDD059146F.png

Good stuff.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Duckburghsfinest1987 said:

I believe it's been said as well, regarding MD, historically there has been lots of competition to get into the school, the school has had a long waiting list for years and it gets tons of applications.

I remember way back when I took the entrance exam for MD. That was before Santa Margarita and JSerra a lot of other private high schools were around. Maybe 20% of my 8th grade class went to a local public as a first choice. The majority of people took the MD entrance exam while a smaller number of the boys went to Servite and girls went to Connelly. Indeed it was very competitive and very stressful for the kids hoping to get in.

Back then with fewer schools the sense was that kids were competing to get into the school. Nowadays with private high schools popping up everywhere the tables have turned and it is the schools competing to get the kids.

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/26/2020 at 4:16 PM, Extremely Humble said:

LBP had a chance in 2008 but Grant was able to put a nail in that coffin. That was one of the most hard hitting football games I've ever witnessed. Both teams were huge and vicious. 

Really? If Poly won that 2008 state title game against Grant, would Poly have won a national title? Because I'm surprised that Grant didn't win it that year despite winning that game

2 hours ago, Duckburghsfinest1987 said:

Really? If Poly won that 2008 state title game against Grant, would Poly have won a national title? Because I'm surprised that Grant didn't win it that year despite winning that game

I believe Poly would have won it in some polls but that's just my opinion. Grant finished top 25 in every poll after that game and they had an impressive resume (shutting out Utah state champ).

9 minutes ago, Extremely Humble said:

I believe Poly would have won it in some polls but that's just my opinion. Grant finished top 25 in every poll after that game and they had an impressive resume (shutting out Utah state champ).

Fontana HS was the last time a California public school achieved that, and they were not unanimous, it was only for some polls, as according to Wikipedia.