California High School Football

Jerry

55 minutes ago, Ararar said:

In terms of Texas.....yes we would be open to play Texas teams and have tried to do so in the past.  The first hurdle is that Texas teams do not frequently travel outside of the state.  Secondly, traveling to Texas is a little challenging because they play by different rules than we do here in California and we have to make sure we keep our kids safe.  We most recently tried to play in Texas and contacted a very prominent team and they responded with "thank you but we would have to decline because we are looking for a lesser opponent".  

Okay so that's what he said. I'd love to hear the other side of this. 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, HurricaneNick said:

Agree for the most part. I’d like to see BNU/WCAC/Gorman/STA/etc on the schedule annually, but would love a crack at Grayson, NS, Duncanville, even if it meant traveling to play the game. Those schools get their fair share of transfers too so nobody should complain win or loss 😉 

Actually, one more CA/GA game request I think everyone can get behind... #RollovsRush 

1459293D-C561-4B7D-939A-2374D0A7A382.jpeg

662E1CE0-C192-4327-A23C-ECCD4BB9C844.jpeg

Yep, or a good “cycle” of players and talent pops up and can get it scheduled. 

But year in , year out with SJB and MD?(Ga public’s)?

Hard to do. 

bgw

• Like 1

On 6/13/2020 at 7:15 PM, FootballGuy said:

You see... correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't see or hear de la salle complaining about traveling to texas to play. Why can't the teams in southern cal follow suit? 

Texas refuses to play SoCal's top dawgs.   They have tried on many occasions, but they have followed the @Consuela school of scheduling. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 6/13/2020 at 7:17 PM, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Yeah, that would go over real well in a taxpayer environment. 

bgw

Why would they complain?  Buford is rich.  Which is why it would be the only town I would move to in GA if someone had a gun to my head because that's what it would take. lol

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, AztecPadre said:

Why would they complain?  Buford is rich.  Which is why it would be the only town I would move to in GA if someone had a gun to my head because that's what it would take. lol

Big reason why Buford is rich, folks like Philip Beard and the forefathers that got into utilities, not OOS. 

😎😎😎

bgw

• Haha 4

9 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

So, we should spend it because it means something to the Algos, and blog polls?

Hell yeah I’m down. Lol. 

bgw

No it means spend it so your kids can see a different culture outside of Buwey

have them put on their big boy pants and learn how to deal with situations in an outside environment, the chemistry they build going on trips and playing in unknown territory, you can’t teach that, not mentioning all the urban Meyers Harbaughs  and Sabans our there visiting these oos games, you can’t beat that exposure 

• Haha 2

Just now, imaGoodBoyNow said:

have them put on their big boy pants and learn how to deal with situations in an outside environment, the chemistry they build going on trips and playing in unknown territory, you can’t teach that, not mentioning all the urban Meyers Harbaughs  and Sabans our there visiting these oos games, you can’t beat that exposure 

We did go to Ireland and played something something different, so there’s that. 

If it’s right, we’ll do it but we don’t need it, y’all need that culture, adversity type shit cuz y’all blue bold spoiled rich shits. 

bgw

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

3 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

We did go to Ireland 

bgw

7EA3AEDD-8B85-4E37-946A-2EA4F67C7C7E.gif

3B84E7E5-1B94-4ED0-80EA-80E287DA7FBE.gif

• Haha 2

On 6/14/2020 at 9:02 AM, SoCalFball said:

Another reason why Texas would probably never travel to Cali is due to the rules differences. It might not seem like a big deal but when that’s all you know they ain’t leaving the state lol 

Bitch move reason.  Teams that go there have to play by new rules so why can't Texas?  My guess is their fear of being embarrassed on the national stage because if  a NS or Dville played a MD or SJB it would most likely be picked up by ESPN.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 6/14/2020 at 9:11 AM, Ararar said:

In terms of Texas.....yes we would be open to play Texas teams and have tried to do so in the past.  The first hurdle is that Texas teams do not frequently travel outside of the state.  Secondly, traveling to Texas is a little challenging because they play by different rules than we do here in California and we have to make sure we keep our kids safe.  We most recently tried to play in Texas and contacted a very prominent team and they responded with "thank you but we would have to decline because we are looking for a lesser opponent".  

Sounds like tejas to me. 

• Haha 2

Just now, AztecPadre said:

Bitch move reason.  Teams that go there have to play by new rules so why can't Texas?  My guess is their fear of being embarrassed on the national stage because if  a NS or Dville played a MD or SJB it would most likely be picked up by ESPN.  

Absolutely, been playing that way since leather helmets and Texas has to acquiesce to a rule change. 

Logical. 

bgw

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, HurricaneNick said:

Agree for the most part. I’d like to see BNU/WCAC/Gorman/STA/etc on the schedule annually, but would love a crack at Grayson, NS, Duncanville, even if it meant traveling to play the game. Those schools get their fair share of transfers too so nobody should complain win or loss 😉 

Actually, one more CA/GA game request I think everyone can get behind... #RollovsRush 

1459293D-C561-4B7D-939A-2374D0A7A382.jpeg

662E1CE0-C192-4327-A23C-ECCD4BB9C844.jpeg

Probst would NEVER play a top Cali team unless he was coaching NS, DVille, STA, IMG or SFA.  Other than that.  HELL NAH!!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1