Florida approves new 6 quarter rule

Ga96

9 minutes ago, Fred said:

Brembos is a high end brake company. Cross drilled aftermarkets are disc brakes with hole drilled in the rotors and often slots milled in the rotors to provide better ventilation and keep them cooler so they stop faster.  A set of Brembos for a decent sized car or truck can cost as much as small car but you better have your seat belts on when the brakes get stomped or you are going through the windshield.

Fancy. Thank god I'm not going to be a mechanic when I grow up, that seems confusing as heck. 

8 minutes ago, ngdawg said:

Fancy. Thank god I'm not going to be a mechanic when I grow up, that seems confusing as heck. 

If you do go to Tech and come out with an engineering degree you should do okay but a good mechanic is not only necessary, he or she can make some real money if they are motivated.  My daughter graduated from Tech in 2017 with a major in computer science and a minor in aeronautical engineering and it is scary what she is making now and even scarier what she could be making were it not for the fact she wanted to work in a government sector market instead of a private sector market.

1 minute ago, Fred said:

If you do go to Tech and come out with an engineering degree you should do okay but a good mechanic is not only necessary, he or she can make some real money if they are motivated.  My daughter graduated from Tech in 2017 with a major in computer science and a minor in aeronautical engineering and it is scary what she is making now and even scarier what she could be making were it not for the fact she wanted to work in a government sector market instead of a private sector market.

That's cool. I want to do Biomedical Engineering at Georgia Tech. I've heard that all Tech engineers are prepared for every type of engineering, but I don't know how true this is. And yes, Georgia Tech engineering/computer science is a one way path to a great salary.

3 minutes ago, Fred said:

Truth.   If it’s not target evasion systems it’s advanced weapon tech.  Crazy.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ngdawg said:

That's cool. I want to do Biomedical Engineering at Georgia Tech. I've heard that all Tech engineers are prepared for every type of engineering, but I don't know how true this is. And yes, Georgia Tech engineering/computer science is a one way path to a great salary.

That Biomed joint program between Tech and Emory is an amazing program.  And yes, Tech trained grads are in much demand regardless of their degree.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 954gator said:

If there’s one thing I wish I would have gotten into it’s tuning.   It’s amazing what these tuners are able to do now with ethanol mixes.   

While I admire the tuners and the precision they work with, I'm a muscle car era guy.  It is hard to respect something that goes buzz buzz instead of roar roar even if buzz buzz is going fast. 😆

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Fred said:

That Biomed joint program between Tech and Emory is an amazing program.  And yes, Tech trained grads are in much demand regardless of their degree.

I'm literally praying that I get in. I've already started on my application and I hope to be admitted in early action.

6 hours ago, Fred said:

While I admire the tuners and the precision they work with, I'm a muscle car era guy.  It is hard to respect something that goes buzz buzz instead of roar roar even if buzz buzz is going fast. 😆

E85 mixes are adding tons of power to modern muscle cars too.    How did they even tinker back then?   I know jack shit about carburetors 🤣

2 hours ago, 954gator said:

To be fair, I melted through the brake pad on right front and ruined the rotor on a 78 High Sierra, that was a bitch to fix. 

Back in the day, dad and I would tackle it. 

Dad says it would be easy, then it became a discussion how the big three was fucking us over to buy specialized tools.

Hahaha, the cold beers took the edge off pretty good. 

bgw

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 954gator said:

E85 mixes are adding tons of power to modern muscle cars too.    How did they even tinker back then?   I know jack shit about carbeurators 🤣

Carburetor tuning is an art.  Part sound, part smell (the exhaust gets funky if it is off), part sound.  I cannot do it either.  But I know people that can and that's all that counts.

• Like 1