NBA Championship

hardhit1

1 hour ago, thc6795 said:

who wins? whoever the NBA wants to win will. Most rigged pro sport there is. There is no other  sport more controlled by the refs. I cant watch it anymore. 

Agreed. 

Its also just stupid how ridiculously stacked the 2 teams are. You didn't even need to watch a second of NBA this year to know who the finalists would be. And it's been that way for the past 2 years also.

I've played basketball my whole life and it's easily my favorite sport, but the NBA is near impossible to enjoy anymore 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Coletrain06 said:

Agreed. 

Its also just stupid how ridiculously stacked the 2 teams are. You didn't even need to watch a second of NBA this year to know who the finalists would be. And it's been that way for the past 2 years also.

I've played basketball my whole life and it's easily my favorite sport, but the NBA is near impossible to enjoy anymore 

i have not watched 1 second of nba this yr after that farce of a finals last yr

• Like 1

I'm looking forward to it. Two determined teams, and I think the Warriors have a bit more motivation after last season's historic run only to fall short. KD is not a bad addition either. But you can't count LeBron and company out.

To those who swear the games are fixed, I ask that you keep the outcome to yourselves. Please don't spoil it for me.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, thc6795 said:

Not only that, but was I the only one who thought the Thunder where the best team last year during the playoffs?  They were owning the thunder until the whistles started blowing 247 (or not blowing for OKC).    I had to check this thread to confirm who was even in the finals.   That's how little I payed attention this year.  Of course I was also pissed about Wade in Chitown :(

2 hours ago, World Citizen said:

Warriors in ...7.  If LeBron does it again I will crown him the GOAT.  Just hope nobody gets suspended or hurt.  

I believe this is what is wanted. What is a better news story or what will cause greater debate? James winning and being compared to MJ. Or the Warriors winning with KD? You can rest assured the dubs will not be running around freely as they have been all season. The will be getting raped and nothing will be called. Fouls that were fouls in the 1st half suddenly wont be fouls. Traveling shouldn't even be a turnover anymore.

1 minute ago, 954gator said:

Not only that, but was I the only one who thought the Thunder where the best team last year during the playoffs?  They were owning the thunder until the whistles started blowing 247 (or not blowing for OKC).    I had to check this thread to confirm who was even in the finals.   That's how little I payed attention this year.  Of course I was also pissed about Wade in Chitown :(

The refs control everything man. Like I said how people can think that there has only been one crooked ref in the NBA is funny. I think in order to be a ref in the NBA or any pro sport your bank accounts should be audited. If you don't want your bank account audited find new work,

26 minutes ago, thc6795 said:

You can rest assured the dubs will not be running around freely as they have been all season. 

Interesting comment from someone who has not watched 1 sec of NBA ball this year.

12 hours ago, thc6795 said:

4 minutes ago, maxchoboian said:

Ah, I see.

Seriously most sports have become this way for me.  Even my beloved Boxing. Unless you are able to knock the other man out. Three judges determine the outcome. For me the only pure game left is golf and hell now you can have a fan call in 3 days later and frick that up.

I would make it mandatory to audit all refs, umpires, judges, bank accounts. Also their assets. Hell we do it with prep kids and their parents when being investigated by the NCAA. Why not?  People cant really believe that Tim Donaghy was the only crooked referee in the NBA can they?

16 hours ago, hardhit1 said:

Warriors addition of Durant is big

It is. But they also took a big hit in the depth department, which was one of their strengths the past couple seasons. They no longer have Bogut, Speights, Ezeli, Barbosa and Rush coming off the bench. With Iguodala also banged up and under-performing, the Warriors bench is a question mark that it wasn't last season.

We'll find out soon how much that matters.

4 hours ago, World Citizen said:

Warriors in ...7.  If LeBron does it again I will crown him the GOAT.  Just hope nobody gets suspended or hurt.  

I heard a take on the radio this morning that I agree with. This series comes down to the Cavs offense. If they move the ball and shoot it well, they'll win. They're capable of matching the Warriors scoring punch but have the better bigs and should be able to come up with more 2nd chance opportunities. But if they aren't hitting their threes or converting around the basket, they'll be in big trouble.

LeBron is the best player on either team. If Kyrie plays well enough to be the 2nd best player (which he could trump KD or Draymond for), they'll win. I also like Kevin Love and Tristan Thompson's rebounding in this series.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ThunderRam said:

I heard a take on the radio this morning that I agree with. This series comes down to the Cavs offense. If they move the ball and shoot it well, they'll win. They're capable of matching the Warriors scoring punch but have the better bigs and should be able to come up with more 2nd chance opportunities. But if they aren't hitting their threes or converting around the basket, they'll be in big trouble.

LeBron is the best player on either team. If Kyrie plays well enough to be the 2nd best player (which he could trump KD or Draymond for), they'll win. I also like Kevin Love and Tristan Thompson's rebounding in this series.

Everything you said may turn out to be correct, in which case they will write songs praising your greatness.  But I think the W are too good on defense and are impossible to stop in O.  They can only stop themselves.  If everyone is available for W they could sweep the Cavs but that would leave too much money on the table so I say W in 7.  

I'm not a big Love fan but Tristan will be a beast in the paint.  Irvin and James can and will get their points.  There is always someone unaccounted for that can be the difference in a game or two.  That's what im looking for.  

5 hours ago, thc6795 said:

I believe this is what is wanted. What is a better news story or what will cause greater debate? James winning and being compared to MJ. Or the Warriors winning with KD? You can rest assured the dubs will not be running around freely as they have been all season. The will be getting raped and nothing will be called. Fouls that were fouls in the 1st half suddenly wont be fouls. Traveling shouldn't even be a turnover anymore.

Lol @ traveling.  Its pretty ridiculous and arbitrary.  

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, World Citizen said:

But I think the W are too good on defense and are impossible to stop in O. 

A largely jump shooting team sometimes doesn't makes shots. That's how they get stopped. Remember Game 7 last season? Those pretty jump shots by Klay, Steph (and now KD) don't always go in when the pressure is at it's highest and everything is on the line.

I like LeBron and Kyrie's ability to get to the paint when it matters most more than the Warriors resorting to desperation 3's. Just watch the last :45 of game 7 last year. After Kyrie's 3, LeBron and Kyrie both kept penetrating which led to the 4 pt lead. Meanwhile, Steph and Klay looked like head-less chickens trying to chase an open 3. When teams are more evenly matched, I'll take the team that gets higher % shots more consistently. Also, I think there's a good chance the Cavs pound GS on the offensive boards which essentially makes up for a poor %.

We'll see. You just never know how these things will play out exactly.