Drew Brees in Cancelled

Nolebull813

2 hours ago, ThunderRam said:

I recently heard a point made that piggybacks what you are saying.

IIRC, men account for around 90% of the incarcerated population in the US. Women, obviously, are around 10%. I might have the percentages a tad off, but the disparity was enormous.

Given that total population in the US by gender is roughly 50/50 or very close to it, does the disparity of incarcerated men vs.women automatically equate to injustice or bias against men? Or would most just tend to agree that men commit a lot more crime on average than do women despite similar over all population numbers?

2 hours ago, Nolebull813 said:

There is no statistics to back up black people are grossly over targeted with police altercations. 

It is a fact that black people commit more crimes on average than other races. That’s not racist, that’s a fact backed by crime statistics. 

Asian Americans commit far fewer crimes and have a lot less police altercations.  So naturally there will be less instances were something tragic could happen. 

If crime dropped then the police altercations would drop and then the tragedy would drop. 

It’s common sense. 

On the other hand there does need to be a lot more accountability.  Anyone who is negligent in someone else’s death should be held accountable no matter who they are 

There is a bias in sentencing and even arrest.

Blacks commit more crimes on average? WHAT average?

Surely you can't be speaking of the Average Americans.

Even with the disparities in arrests, white still account for 70 percent of felony arrests in this country. 

Do prison populations reflect that?

Does police interactions with Whites reflect that? 

Fyi... there are probably thousands of exhaustive studies with empirical data showing that blacks are indeed over targeted. You guys may want to read up some more

6 hours ago, Nolebull813 said:

If he says nothing, he gets criticized for not speaking up on his platform. 

If he says people should not disrespect the flag then he alienates one half on the issue 

If he says yeah use the one part of the game that unites and inspires patriotism to be disrespectful then that will alienate the other half 

Personally he shoulda have kept his mouth shut. Not because he shouldn’t express his freedom of speech, but his comments would not have made a blip on the radar had he supported the mob.

No one would have cared if he said black lives matter and we need to do better as a society. His virtue signaling woulda been lost with all the other celebrities parroting the same robotic crap. 

But for him to speak up and disagree with the mob, he’s cancelled. Lol. Just shows that there is way too much risk and no reward for speaking out 

Grant Napear voice of Sac King’s was fired for saying All Lives Matter. Fuxkin insane. I’ve listened to his radio show for years while commuting for work. He doesn’t have a racist bone in his body and always made that clear when “race” topics had to be talked about on his show. 

• Thanks 2
  • Like 1

Some Americans are so racist, that if you protest racism they think you're protesting America.

You bitches don't run shit. Step to the wrong person in the wrong day and you won't even be able to apply the lesson taught

Drew Brees ignorantly... and like so many other dumbasses.... tried to make protesting police brutality the same as protesting the Military 

He bought into the trailer narrative even though it's been discredited and debunked over and over again

He deserves to be canceled

Fuck Drew Brees... 

• Thumbs Down 1

Ive actually changed my mind about the kneeling protest over time. I really am indifferent about the kneeling. Hell, at least he wasnt inciting riots and looting. He took a knee. How much more passive protesting can you get?

What I do believe is.....he saw the writing on the wall career wise, and he came up with something controversial to try and stay relevant. Ill always think Kap was all about Kap, and the kneeling side show to him, was a way to stay in the limelight and make more $$$$$ off of cupcakes who would follow him. Kinda sad because it was for a noble cause and if he had started doing this while on top as a QB, then Id have a much different opinion of him. Doesnt take a genius to figure out what he was doing.

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, SOCIntellectualProperty said:

Some Americans are so racist, that if you protest racism they think you're protesting America.

You bitches don't run shit. Step to the wrong person in the wrong day and you won't even be able to apply the lesson taught

Drew Brees ignorantly... and like so many other dumbasses.... tried to make protesting police brutality the same as protesting the Military 

He bought into the trailer narrative even though it's been discredited and debunked over and over again

He deserves to be canceled

Fuck Drew Brees... 

You were sounding so logical until you let your temper dictate your response.

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, rockinl said:

Ive actually changed my mind about the kneeling protest over time. I really am indifferent about the kneeling. Hell, at least he wasnt inciting riots and looting. He took a knee. How much more passive protesting can you get?

What I do believe is.....he saw the writing on the wall career wise, and he came up with something controversial to try and stay relevant. Ill always think Kap was all about Kap, and the kneeling side show to him, was a way to stay in the limelight and make more $$$$$ off of cupcakes who would follow him. Kinda sad because it was for a noble cause and if he had started doing this while on top as a QB, then Id have a much different opinion of him. Doesnt take a genius to figure out what he was doing.

Good points, I agree.  

1 hour ago, rockinl said:

It kind of doesn't matter what we "think" Kap's motive was imo. It's the same with bringing up Mr. Floyd's criminal history or whatever. It's all a big distraction from the actual larger issue at hand. A lot of misdirection for some reason. I want to try to think the best of people, but, why all the misdirection, conflations and whatever that is all way off the mark? Not at you personally. Just in general. 

These same people won't answer simple questions that go right to the heart of the issue as it pertains to police accountability. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

While on the topic of "disrespecting the flag".....I love our country and the flag that represents it....But, how would you feel about the flag if you were called to fight for your country, you do so courageously, only to come home and not have the same rights as the white people you served beside? Black men have been serving the US military in wars since the Revolutionary war. 

Did you know that many blacks who deserved medals for bravery in battle werent allowed to receive them after WWI and WWII? 

So yeah, my view of the flag is probably a lot different than others whose black ancestors werent afforded even basic human rights after they defended those rights during war time.

So next time you say, "never disrespect the flag my grandfather fought for", remember that there are many alive today who's black grandfathers fought and died for that flag also.

End of rant/opinion.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, paladin4ever said:

I couldn’t care less one way or another about Brees being cancelled, but JB made these comments 2 years ago, Brees is restating his opinion at a very heated period...related to police brutality and protesting.  His timing sucked 

2 hours ago, paladin4ever said:

Jim Brown was canceled the first moment he stood by Trump after the President’s Charlottesville comments.

Even after it was clear that Nixon was a devout racist, Brown still endorsed him.

Brown was a woman beating self serving individual....

It’s surprising that Drew Brees doesn’t get it but it’s not surprising that JB doesnt

6 minutes ago, SOCIntellectualProperty said:

Jim Brown was canceled the first moment he stood by Trump after the President’s Charlottesville comments.

Even after it was clear that Nixon was a devout racist, Brown still endorsed him.

Brown was a woman beating self serving individual....

It’s surprising that Drew Brees doesn’t get it but it’s not surprising that JB doesnt

If anyone deserves to be heard when it comes to race, it's Jim Brown. His stances at the time he was a player and during the 1960's make him an OG. Some youngin's today may think JB is just a "boomer" but this man has seen the real shit.

• Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, I AM IRONMAN said:

So much for freedom of speech!

Stop mentioning free speech, you’re misapplying it here.  He exercised his right to free speech as protected from gov reprisal.  Private citizens are free to judge his comments and have him suffer consequences 

41 minutes ago, paladin4ever said:

If anyone deserves to be heard when it comes to race, it's Jim Brown. His stances at the time he was a player and during the 1960's make him an OG. Some youngin's today may think JB is just a "boomer" but this man has seen the real shit.

I agree...

That doesn't mean he's always correct 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Horsefly said:

I couldn’t care less one way or another about Brees being cancelled, but JB made these comments 2 years ago, Brees is restating his opinion at a very heated period...related to police brutality and protesting.  His timing sucked 

What does "cancel" mean in this context?