Drew Brees in Cancelled

Nolebull813

17 minutes ago, NorCalRuss said:

Except words from his mouth say you’re wrong.

I am not going to stand up to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses black people and people of color," “ About the flag.... 

He also made more money being of the field than he would’ve by continuing to play.  He was benched for Blaine Gabbert well before he started his protest. He wasn’t a starter in the NFL and wouldn’t have been a preferred starter for anyone that wanted to win at the time of protest...

Drew didn’t say a damn thing wrong either if you watch/listen to his entire statement. Typical rag media and social media princesses trying to create firestorm over nothing...

That isn't disrespectful to the flag in my opinion.  

Not honoring something isn't the same thing as actively disrespecting it... but like you said, snow flakes and princesses made it about whatever deflects from the issues he was trying to address.

Drew wasn't asked about the Flag.... he was asked about kneeling during the anthem, and he went full retard in his response.

But I agree... he shouldn't have apologized if that's the way he feels 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Nolebull813 said:

Damn, not Drew Brees. Pillar in the community. Man of strong faith and principles. What could Brees have done to receive such hate and backlash? Everyone is cancelling him. 

Man, you didnt hear what that cracker ass honky said? Get on twitter now!!! That white bread is done!!

Well what did he say? If there is this much hatred, he must have said something terrible. Can you give me his exact quote so i can make the decision to join the mob? 

He said verbatim, "I will never agree with someone disrespecting the flag of the United States of America"

WHAT!!!!!! Who the fuck does that casper ass ghost looking motherfucker think he is??? We cant disrespect the flag??? Because Drew "white as cocaine" Brees says we cant?? I have half a mind to go slice a piece of bacon off that honky's back. Call customer service because his ass is cancelled. 

#DreeBreesIsOverParty

Go to twitter for your news?  HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.  May as well go to fox news. 

20 minutes ago, AztecPadre said:

Go to twitter for your news?  HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.  May as well go to fox news. 

There is no way you could have read my original post and thought I was being serious. 

And if you think Fox News is biased but not CNN, MSNBC, NYT, WaPo etc then you are a mindless sheep 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

The hypocrisy about it is when you disagree with the kneeling there is backlash. They say you are ignoring the message and need to help with the issue at hand. That is the basis of the argument. There is an injustice, we are calling it out, and need everyone to listen and foster change. 

And if you don’t wholeheartedly agree in lockstep there is criticism and backlash. 

Well, when they started kneeling, there was big time backlash for that. Huge issue with it and there was nationwide condemnation for the way they were expressing themselves. It was widely agreed upon by large groups of people that it was disrespectful.

They could give a fuck less. They didn’t give a shit about the backlash. It continued and got bigger.

So agree with them or get backlash, but don’t expect them to give a fuck about what you have to say. 

Fucking hypocrites 

• Confused 1

I do not buy the OP being sarcastic. There's a long history back here that we can go to. Is it all sarcasm? I think not. We have a few back here that like to post a certain kind of way, and then when someone balks at it, all of the sudden it's jokes and sarcasm. 

It's not like we haven't been reading this shit back here since 2016. 

And, Drew Brees is just as fine saying what he did as all of his fans and team mates are to balk at him too. He was set up on the question and timing, but, people, idk how many times it needs to be said that you have to be thoughtful in your speech and actions. Especially if you've been hiding some shit back about your personality that might affect your fan base, teammates or country for that matter. It usually slips out eventually. 

It's fine if you're a racist. It's fine if you're a homophobe or whatever. You just look stupid when you keep trying to backtrack and hide it when those tendencies keep showing up though. That goes for the OP, Drew Brees, DJT and whatever other number of folks we can go read years of their stuff as proof. xD

• Thanks 2

The original post was sarcasm about the ridiculousness of “cancelling” Drew Brees for daring to think different than the next person. It’s insane that society has come to that. 

That’s what the OP was saying. Making fun of the cancel culture. 

So it’s time to unclench thy cheeks. 

I agree with Drew Brees. It should never be acceptable to disrespect the US flag.  I think that’s a general expression that should be widely accepted.  But certain parts of society have created hatred for this country so it’s not surprising. 

When you were raised to say fuck the police instead of being a law abiding Citizen there will be rot.  The cycle will never stop.  There will never be change which is ironic as hell. Lol 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

The funny thing about demanding change is you’re supposed to be trying to have civil dialogue with the people who disagree with you the most. 

All the people that agree with you are already on your side. Obviously. For true change, you need the neutral and opposers  to engage in civil conversation with. 

So when you have this mob mentality that bullies people into believing the way they believe,  it hinders progress. 

And people that oppose you obviously disagree with a significant amount of your message. So you need to find common ground  to really be productive with your stances. 

That’s why things never change. 

4 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

The original post was sarcasm about the ridiculousness of “cancelling” Drew Brees for daring to think different than the next person. It’s insane that society has come to that. 

That’s what the OP was saying. Making fun of the cancel culture. 

So it’s time to unclench thy cheeks. 

I agree with Drew Brees. It should never be acceptable to disrespect the US flag.  I think that’s a general expression that should be widely accepted.  But certain parts of society have created hatred for this country so it’s not surprising. 

When you were raised to say fuck the police instead of being a law abiding Citizen there will be rot.  The cycle will never stop.  There will never be change which is ironic as hell. Lol 

My cheeks are fine. I can go and bump thread after thread after thread of your "not sarcasm" trash. If you have the tendencies, I would be smart enough to leave the jokes about race alone. Just saying. 

Maybe it was sarcasm. You good sir aren't the right vessel to be joking on it. 

• Thanks 1

The kneeling at sporting events is a perfect example. 

There was huge backlash by people who largely disagree or don’t believe in your message.  Or at least the way you are presenting your message. 

For them to basically say fuck you we’re going to keep kneeling you have just lost a large group of people that could potentially be allies if your message was delivered in a more agreeable context. 

• Like 1

Just now, Nolebull813 said:

The funny thing about demanding change is you’re supposed to be trying to have civil dialogue with the people who disagree with you the most. 

All the people that agree with you are already on your side. Obviously. For true change, you need the neutral and opposers  to engage in civil conversation with. 

So when you have this mob mentality that bullies people into believing the way they believe,  it hinders progress. 

And people that oppose you obviously disagree with a significant amount of your message. So you need to find common ground  to really be productive with your stances. 

That’s why things never change. 

Some things have no decent argument. Racism and bigotry have no argument for. That has to be squashed out. There isn't any middle ground on whether a person thinks someone of a different color is the same as him and deserves all the same considerations in the law. 

You either accept humans are all equal and deserve to be treated equally or you don't. I can't see a debate in there. Evidently you do? 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, SOCIntellectualProperty said:

To CONTINUOUSLY conflate Kaep's demonstrations with disrespect for the flag or the military is just self centered and ignorant 

No, it’s not self centered and ignorant.

It’s not only fair, but appropriate to pose the question whether it’s the right stage in which to protest. And by asking that question, or even going as far as disagreeing that it’s an appropriate stage doesn’t automatically mean that individual doesn’t care about inequality or injustice. It doesn’t automatically mean they are against the movement.

The tradition of honoring america prior to athletic events has nothing directly to do with police. It isn’t an act of honoring them. And it’s a very important and sacred event to many. So why should it be considered topical or appropriate to protest during it? Because there is a captive audience and cameras focused in? 

There are a lot of important movements we should all care about as human beings. But it’s certainly fair to question whether those behind any protest or movement can interrupt anything at any time just because they feel they are justified in doing so.

What if you’re attending a Broadway play and during a scene one of the actors feels the need to stop and protest gender inequality right there and then because, well, they’ve got captive audience and people paying attention. Would that be ok because it’s such an important cause? 

What about protesting at someone’s wedding? Or at a funeral?

Sure, those are drastically different situations than the national anthem at a sporting event. But the resounding point is that just because the movement is very important doesn’t also mean it’s justifiable to protest anywhere, everywhere and anytime we want. People have the right to question the timing and the stage.

Let’s also not ignore that these athletes are protesting on their employers and sponsors dime. Do we little people, non-celebrity, non-athletes have the right to utilize our employers resources and stage w/o consent because, well, we feel our cause is noble and just? Should the employer then be blasted and pressured on social media for firing anyone for utilizing company resources to further their cause?

These athletes and celebs keeping stating that the kneeling during the anthem isn’t about the flag or the military. And I agree. Which again begs the question. Why should it be considered topical and appropriate to protest police and social injustice during an event that doesn’t involve or support either? An event that is widely viewed as an ode to the military and our freedom, no less. Why should it be considered acceptable to protest on their employers and sponsors dime and time w/o consent?

Why aren’t the likes of Kaepernick and LeBron James protesting at a police station or city hall — directly in front of the egregious offender and on their own dime and time?

How does asking those questions automatically equate to being racist, tone deaf or ignorant?

Lastly, aren’t those that are chastising Drew Brees for voicing what the anthem and military mean to him in turn being tone deaf, ignorant and uncaring to his feelings and concerns? Why is there this growing belief that this works in only one direction?

IMO Drew Brees and others that have apologized did so due to the overwhelming pressure, backlash, bullying and negative publicity they are receiving. If anyone truly believes Drew Brees feels any different about the anthem than he did 24 hours ago, they’re extremely naive.

I’m not a Saints fan or a Drew Brees guy. However I in no way believe he’s opposed to protesting social/police injustice. I believe he was just questioning the proper time and stage in which to protest. And there’s nothing wrong with that.

• Thanks 3

Just now, Nolebull813 said:

The kneeling at sporting events is a perfect example. 

There was huge backlash by people who largely disagree or don’t believe in your message.  Or at least the way you are presenting your message. 

For them to basically say fuck you we’re going to keep kneeling you have just lost a large group of people that could potentially be allies if your message was delivered in a more agreeable context. 

Of course. There has never been a good place for people to protest about racism or police brutality. Maybe in their own backyard where it wouldn't hurt your little feelers? 

There is never an agreeable context. If they kneel on a street corner, they aren't reaching an audience. Just the passersby. 

4 minutes ago, ThunderRam said:

It’s not only fair, but appropriate to pose the question whether it’s the right stage in which to protest. And by asking that question, or even going as far as disagreeing that it’s an appropriate stage doesn’t automatically mean that individual doesn’t care about inequality or injustice. It doesn’t automatically mean they are against the movement.

The tradition of honoring america prior to athletic events has nothing directly to do with police. It isn’t an act of honoring them. And it’s a very important and sacred event to many. So why should it be considered topical or appropriate to protest during it? Because there is a captive audience and cameras focused in? 

There are a lot of important movements we should all care about as human beings. But it’s certainly fair to question whether those behind any protest or movement can interrupt anything at any time just because they feel they are justified in doing so.

What if you’re attending a Broadway play and during a scene one of the actors feels the need to stop and protest gender inequality right there and then because, well, they’ve got captive audience and people paying attention. Would that be ok because it’s such an important cause? 

Sure, those are drastically different situations than the national anthem at a sporting event. But the resounding point is that just because the movement is very important doesn’t also mean it’s justifiable to protest anywhere, everywhere and anytime we want. People have the right to question the timing and the stage.

Let’s also not ignore that these athletes are protesting on their employers and sponsors dime. Do we little people, non-celebrity, non-athletes have the right to utilize our employers resources and stage w/o consent because, well, we feel our cause is noble and just? Should the employer then be blasted and pressured on social media for firing anyone for utilizing company resources to further their cause?

These athletes and celebs keeping stating that the kneeling during the anthem isn’t about the flag or the military. And I agree. Which again begs the question. Why should it be considered topical and appropriate to protest police and social injustice during an event that doesn’t involve or support either? An event that is widely viewed as an ode to the military and our freedom, no less. Why should it be considered acceptable to protest on their employers and sponsors dime and time w/o consent?

Why aren’t the likes of Kaepernick and LeBron James protesting at a police station or city hall — directly in front of the egregious offender and on their own dime and time?

How does asking those questions automatically equate to being racist, tone deaf or ignorant?

Lastly, aren’t those that are chastising Drew Brees for voicing what the anthem and military mean to him in turn being tone deaf, ignorant and uncaring to his feelings and concerns? Why is there this growing belief that this works in only one direction?

IMO Drew Brees and others that have apologized did so due to the overwhelming pressure, backlash, bullying and negative publicity they are receiving. If anyone truly believes Drew Brees feels any different about the anthem than he did 24 hours ago, they’re extremely naive.

I’m not a Saints fan or a Drew Brees guy. However I in no way believe he’s opposed to protesting social/police injustice. I believe he was just questioning the proper time and stage in which to protest. And there’s nothing wrong with that.

Great post!!😎

2 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Some things have no decent argument. Racism and bigotry have no argument for. That has to be squashed out. There isn't any middle ground on whether a person thinks someone of a different color is the same as him and deserves all the same considerations in the law. 

You either accept humans are all equal and deserve to be treated equally or you don't. I can't see a debate in there. Evidently you do? 

You just posted propaganda.  Everything you said was a lie.  There is no statistics to back up black people are grossly over targeted with police altercations. 

It is a fact that black people commit more crimes on average than other races. That’s not racist, that’s a fact backed by crime statistics. 

Asian Americans commit far fewer crimes and have a lot less police altercations.  So naturally there will be less instances were something tragic could happen. 

If crime dropped then the police altercations would drop and then the tragedy would drop. 

It’s common sense. 

On the other hand there does need to be a lot more accountability.  Anyone who is negligent in someone else’s death should be held accountable no matter who they are 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Of course. There has never been a good place for people to protest about racism or police brutality. Maybe in their own backyard where it wouldn't hurt your little feelers? 

There is never an agreeable context. If they kneel on a street corner, they aren't reaching an audience. Just the passersby. 

Never the perfect place, maybe. But there are certainly more appropriate and topical places for it. Places and situations that actually correlate or have connection to what is being protested.

Again, having an important, noble and just cause doesn’t justify doing whatever you want, whenever you want, however you want.

Infringing upon the rights of others and/or doing things that cause externalities isn’t justifiable.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

If people feel so passionately against the kneeling even after they have came out and specifically said it’s not about the flag then you are not going to convince them otherwise. 

I’m not saying that’s right I’m just saying that’s the way it is. 

In my opinion the kneeling during the anthem comes across pretty divisive and not the right time.  I feel like there are plenty of other times during a 24 hour a day, seven day a week schedule you can fit in your activism and protest. 

You would be able to get your point across without pissing off at large group of people.  And I’m not one of those extremist so even though I disagree with it I don’t shut down the message.  Hell I watch the NFL while I’m wearing my Nikes. Lol. 

22 minutes ago, ThunderRam said:

Never the perfect place, maybe. But there are certainly more appropriate and topical places for it. Places and situations that actually correlate or have connection to what is being protested.

Again, having an important, noble and just cause doesn’t justify doing whatever you want, whenever you want, however you want.

Infringing upon the rights of others and/or doing things that cause externalities isn’t justifiable.

I agree. I never really liked the kneeling during the anthem, but, I also understand they have every right to do it, even if I didn't like it. 

Hell, my first post in this silly topic covered that as well. 

What keeps happening with this police injustice thing is, it keeps getting kicked down the road. The protests about it have made a certain sect of people more and more uncomfortable with each ratcheting up of the protest. The people that really don't care about the cause that is being raised keep saying the same things about it. "It's just. We care. Just don't do it there. Don't block my street. Don't do it during the anthem. Don't Don't Don't." 

How about we start seeing something done more than kicking it down the road. I know the anthem kneeling made me a little uncomfortable, but, this new stuff makes me way uncomfortable. What do we expect next?  I mean uf we are uncomfortable, and it's just, don't we know there'll be a next if some meaningful change doesn't happen? 

Seems to me we're majoring in the minors and kicking the can down the road again and again.

Time for some problem solvers instead of finger pointers if you ask me. 

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, ThunderRam said:

If Kap were to kneel while on the field playing the game then I would understand your point but he didn't.  He did it before the game so your analogy of Broadway/wedding/funeral isn't the same.  I think many people questioned if it was the right place/time to protest but that is not the same as changing the reason for the protest as many have done.  What happens after the question is asked if it was the right place/time to protest?  People should be allowed to protest without having to ensure that other people are not offended. 

It is unfortunate that Kap's protest and the conversations about him doing that seem to never be about what he is protesting for, only the how he is protesting.  Personally I wouldn't kneel but I am not Kap and recognize the 'why' of it and keep my attention there.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

You just posted propaganda.  Everything you said was a lie.  There is no statistics to back up black people are grossly over targeted with police altercations. 

It is a fact that black people commit more crimes on average than other races. That’s not racist, that’s a fact backed by crime statistics. 

I recently heard a point made that piggybacks what you are saying.

IIRC, men account for around 90% of the incarcerated population in the US. Women, obviously, are around 10%. I might have the percentages a tad off, but the disparity was enormous.

Given that total population in the US by gender is roughly 50/50 or very close to it, does the disparity of incarcerated men vs.women automatically equate to injustice or bias against men? Or would most just tend to agree that men commit a lot more crime on average than do women despite similar over all population numbers?

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

34 minutes ago, ThunderRam said:

How did he infringe upon anybody's rights?  It's hard to be any more passive and unobtrusive as to kneel during the anthem.  For example, if during the anthem people looked at who was singing instead of Kap, would their rights be unaffected or restored?  

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, ThunderRam said:

How is kneeling infringing on the right of others?  To be honest it’s not causing externalities other than what the offended wants to be bothered by.  It was a very non intrusive protest; no movement, no noise.   

• Thanks 2

Just now, Horsefly said:

How is kneeling infringing on the right of others?  To be honest it’s not causing externalities other than what the offended wants to be bothered by.  It was a very non intrusive protest; no movement, no noise.   

It's like I said, a certain sect of people are uncomfortable any time people protest. Especially as it pertains to policing. 

Almost everyone agrees cops go too far sometimes. Almost everyone says the cause of the protests is just. 

Well, here we are. We're uncomfortable about the protests. We mostly agree the cause is just.  

Ok? What's the problem? Let's fix it. 

I'm sitting back watching the same thing happen that always happens. Protests. Oops we have to do something. Arrest the cop. Protests and riots. Oops we have to do something more. Arrest all 4 cops and raise the charges. 

Sacrificial lamb just like every other time and hope to kick the can down the road again. Forget that most people agree the cause is just. Let's just calm it down one more time so they can all piss and moan about kneeling during the anthem again. 

• Thanks 3
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, ThunderRam said:

Again... to conflate his demonstration with disrespect to the flag and the military is self centered and ignorant 

I absolutely agree that people have the right to feel however regarding his actions. I also agree that NFL owners should be able to make the best decision for their bottom line and franchise and shouldn't have to employ a polarizing figure. 

Disagreeing with CK doesn't make you racist or ignorant.  I have never saw anyone claim this. In fact, while I admire his heart and sacrifice, his actions have even made me squeamish at times.

But if you disagree with his actions then address those actions. 

If someone protests at a funeral l will address that action with that individual. It would be cheap, childish and frankly a waste of time to assign other shit to them. If I'm so incensed by their actions, then their actions alone should be enough for me to make my point. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, ThunderRam said:

I recently heard a point made that piggybacks what you are saying.

IIRC, men account for around 90% of the incarcerated population in the US. Women, obviously, are around 10%. I might have the percentages a tad off, but the disparity was enormous.

Given that total population in the US by gender is roughly 50/50 or very close to it, does the disparity of incarcerated men vs.women automatically equate to injustice or bias against men? Or would most just tend to agree that men commit a lot more crime on average than do women despite similar over all population numbers?

Bingo. End convo 

1 hour ago, ThunderRam said:

Y'all do remember the idea to kneel came from a decorated Navy Seal vet.  So if that dude tells me its ok to kneel in silence to protest police brutality then by golly I will.  He is a vet and a seal at that.  So how is it that kneeling disrespects the military when it was a military kats idea to do it in the first place.  

• Thanks 1