Valdosta playa acquisition has started

Woodchopper

4 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I don't know about any improper contact since he's been the coach in an official capacity. 

My take is even that "I knew of" is hearsay, but, I don't like it if it's true. There's rules in place about undue influence for a reason. If they're being violated, then something should be done, whether it's Colquitt, Marietta, Grayson or Valdosta doing it. 

Gotta have proof of it though, which always seems to be the snag when it's accused of people. Unless there is a recording or something, it's all hearsay and very hard to prove. 

Yea. That’s why I said I don’t think it’ll amount to anything. Unless somebody has the stones to record it and/or have all the phone records. 

even then it may not be enough. 

1 hour ago, Sweetlarry said:

I don’t think we will ever know the truth about that, even if a few come and and say it actually happened it will be chalked up to sour grapes. 

What is your opine? Do you think it happened or #itshappening? 

OK...all kidding aside...I have been asked by "certain people" not to regurgitate info that came from them.  I will say I have had conversations with very reliable people saying it has happened.

But to be clear...it's HEARSAY from me.  Rush has NOT called me to discuss anything.  

Rufus>>

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Rufus69 said:

OK...all kidding aside...I have been asked by "certain people" not to regurgitate info that came from them.  I will say I have had conversations with very reliable people saying it has happened.

But to be clear...it's HEARSAY from me.  Rush has NOT called me to discuss anything.  

Rufus>>

Gotcha. Everything is hearsay. 

Been going on for decades and will continue to, whether all georgia schools do it or not. Gun to my head, I’d say many do. I’d also say many do other things that are considered illegal by the GHSA, but that’s how it goes. 

On 6/4/2020 at 12:54 AM, Columbiafan said:

They may do so but we still weren't afraid to play them up in Valdosta in hostile territory, hell one of last times we sent a team up there the bus had rocks thrown through the windows by the Valdosta fanbase

In fact the Valdosta vs Columbia game (despite the lies of the clueless Lowndes posters on here claiming) wasn't signed until after Rush was hired as coach so Columbia is fully aware of what they signing up for and we weren't intimidated when Colquitt came to Lake City last year or when we went to IMG the year before, we weren't intimidated when the best team in Palm Beach county came up to Lake City last year, we won't be Intimidated by Valdosta

If Valdosta is hoping we will fear the great Rush propst and be hiding in fear they better work on a plan B because that don't work on us, there's a reason we are top 3 all time in wins in the state of Florida and will become only the second program in Florida history this upcoming season to attain 700 wins as a program

We won't be Intimidated by no kittens 

How many state championships out of all those wins?  Not being sarcastic, honest I don't know question.

14 hours ago, Fred said:

How many state championships out of all those wins?  Not being sarcastic, honest I don't know question.

Columbia unfortunately has just never had the talent to pull in many trips to the finals because in 70s they had stiff competition in their district from the Duval County schools post segregation back when only district champs made the playoffs, in 80s they ran into buzzsaws in the panhandle like Pine Forest for example who was number 1 in the nation, in the late 90s they broke through but faced a very talented Carol City team who finished top 10 nationally with studs like Santana Moss on the team

Early 00s they had to try and go through Lincoln and by time the north had really fallen off by the late 00s they didn't have quite the depth as they did previously because the county split into 2 high schools 

Columbia wins with what they got and on paper is never truly loaded but realistically even if they made finals would they really have any chance of beating STA or Miami Central?

However that doesn't take away from how they have consistently been among the top teams in North Florida for the past few decades 

They have a title and another appearance during the 60s and a appearance that I mentioned above against Carol City where they fell 20-17 after leading 17-6 at halftime

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Columbiafan said:

In short summary the timing for them to win state championships has never been there

But it doesn't take state championships to make a program fearless to any level of competition that wants to step up to play

International School of Broward was also fearless... That didn't mean they worth shit though.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, CCBlackhatter said:

International School of Broward was also fearless... That didn't mean they worth shit though.

If you really think ISB is on same level as Columbia you don't know even close to amount of Florida as I thought you did 

ISB actually had a common opponent with Columbia, Suwannee

Suwannee beat ISB 64-0

Columbia beat Suwannee in live oak 45-7

https://www.maxpreps.com/m/high-schools/suwannee-bulldogs-(live-oak,fl)/football-fall-15/schedule.htm

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Columbiafan said:

If you really think ISB is on same level as Columbia you don't know even close to amount of Florida as I thought you did 

ISB actually had a common opponent with Columbia, Suwannee

Suwannee beat ISB 64-0

Columbia beat Suwannee in live oak 45-7

https://www.maxpreps.com/m/high-schools/suwannee-bulldogs-(live-oak,fl)/football-fall-15/schedule.htm

I'm only pointing out that shitty teams can be willing to play anyone.

• Like 1

On 6/5/2020 at 12:24 AM, Columbiafan said:

Lowndes is similar to someone like Apopka here in Florida where they are contenders because they are built well foundation wise and solid coaching but talent isn't anything to write home about compared to others in the state who are loaded on paper

Though Apopka never really shy away from competition like Lowndes has in the past and Apopka has a much better track record of making it to and winning state championships this past decade than Lowndes while Apopka is playing in a stronger state 

Fair assessment right? @DarterBlue

Look dumbass Darlington came to Valdosta and effectively killed the last remaining symbols of Wildcat Football after shitting his pants. Returned home and started winning. Point is Florida football sucks and yes that includes Free Disney Tickets and all.

• Thumbs Down 2

It's amazing how stupid the Lowndes fans are 

Claiming bullshit like Darlington returned home and started winning even though he had already won a state championship in Florida prior to taking the Valdosta job, he was already a winner before going to Valdosta

🤦‍♂️🤷‍♂️

You just can't fix some levels of incompetence

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

7 hours ago, Columbiafan said:

It's amazing how stupid the Lowndes fans are 

Claiming bullshit like Darlington returned home and started winning even though he had already won a state championship in Florida prior to taking the Valdosta job, he was already a winner before going to Valdosta

🤦‍♂️🤷‍♂️

You just can't fix some levels of incompetence

Point is guy he did NOTHING at Valdosta

53 minutes ago, The Guru said:

He went to the school's last state championship game before 2016.

You're just in denial about the program sucking and not the coaches.

Ran off a lot of players. Ended with about 55 or so. As far as the program goes time will tell. Besides you sucking please remember I’m a Viking Fan. Now run along and play in the traffic.

The best thing about all of this Valdosta/Lowndes hoopla about Rush, is, watching it from a Colquitt County fan perspective after having to deal with all of the jibber jabber, hate and whatever from those people about Rush when he was coaching Colquitt. 

Sometimes life comes full circle. 

giphy.gif.151f9b95065442f8c7fb7b6ae39858bf.gif

• Haha 3

Just now, HawgGoneIt said:

The best thing about all of this Valdosta/Lowndes hoopla about Rush, is, watching it from a Colquitt County fan perspective after having to deal with all of the jibber jabber, hate and whatever from those people about Rush when he was coaching Colquitt. 

Sometimes life comes full circle. 

giphy.gif.151f9b95065442f8c7fb7b6ae39858bf.gif

The same fans who hated Rush when he was at Colquitt apparently now love him at Valdosta

Says a lot about those fanbases *cough*  sellouts  *cough*

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 1