Valdosta playa acquisition has started

Woodchopper

1 hour ago, GardenStateBaller said:

That was an planned, intentional Jerky Boys-type call. You were involved too if I remember correctly. I’m a regular on Phil’s show. Good people. Hope to meet all my SOWEGA fans this Fall. 

You should come down to catch Columbia vs Valdosta game over in Valdosta

Over 100 years of history, you could probably write a whole article on border war history of those 2 programs 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

Seriuosly tho... the Valdosta vs Colquitt game HAS to be televised by ESPN/ESPN2/ESPNU. The storylines and the talent for that game is must see tv. 

Man, that game is... idk. Probably be some people having heart attacks and who knows what all. 

Rush returns to Colquitt as the coach of the opposing team, possibly with some players that make the move over.. Rodemaker faces his old team with a familiar foe at the helm. Rogers coaching against his predecessor. Maybe, Doug Howell with egg on his face in the stands somewhere getting the evil eye from fans and the opposing coach both. So many places for a camera to try to get a shot from. 

Certainly a lot going on in that game. I bet ITG magazine and a few of these other sports film documentary crews like Hot Ball Sports Talk and UTR try to be there. I'd wonder how many the AD actually gives a pass to though, as he stands in the corner with egg all on his face too. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Man, that game is... idk. Probably be some people having heart attacks and who knows what all. 

Rush returns to Colquitt as the coach of the opposing team, possibly with some players that make the move over.. Rodemaker faces his old team with a familiar foe at the helm. Rogers coaching against his predecessor. Maybe, Doug Howell with egg on his face in the stands somewhere getting the evil eye from fans and the opposing coach both. So many places for a camera to try to get a shot from. 

Certainly a lot going on in that game. I bet ITG magazine and a few of these other sports film documentary crews like Hot Ball Sports Talk and UTR try to be there. I'd wonder how many the AD actually gives a pass to though, as he stands in the corner with egg all on his face too. 

1. I bet there would be quite a few personal fouls/possible ejections.

2. The colquitt fans would probably talk a bunch of shit to Rush

3. And you're right... the Colquitt AD would probably be stingy with how much access the Valdosta crew would have/stingy with the tickets. 

1 hour ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Columbia is not a nationally relevant team no matter how hard you spin it. I do like their unis, though. 

Neither is Lowndes

Last time I checked aren't you one of the people that feel you have to get out and beat other national powerhouses to be one yourself?

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

Lowndes is similar to someone like Apopka here in Florida where they are contenders because they are built well foundation wise and solid coaching but talent isn't anything to write home about compared to others in the state who are loaded on paper

Though Apopka never really shy away from competition like Lowndes has in the past and Apopka has a much better track record of making it to and winning state championships this past decade than Lowndes while Apopka is playing in a stronger state 

Fair assessment right? @DarterBlue

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

On 6/3/2020 at 4:48 PM, Nolebull813 said:

I don’t care about the past issues. Those are personal that don’t reflect in his ability to prepare young men for adulthood. 

So personal character has nothing to do with the ability to prepare young men for adulthood?

No wonder you turned out the way you did.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Rufus69 said:

To be honest...something like this is acceptable to me.   I don't have a problem with it at all.  Now...any "individual" calls to parents or players...well....

Rufus>>

Yeah, I posted in the other thread where this came up, I think it's edgy, but safe as far as rules. The last line makes it as if he is directing it at current kids enrolled at Valdosta. 

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Rufus69 said:

To be honest...something like this is acceptable to me.   I don't have a problem with it at all.  Now...any "individual" calls to parents or players...well....

Rufus>>

I don’t think we will ever know the truth about that, even if a few come and and say it actually happened it will be chalked up to sour grapes. 

What is your opine? Do you think it happened or #itshappening? 

Just now, HawgGoneIt said:

Yeah, I posted in the other thread where this came up, I think it's edgy, but safe as far as rules. The last line makes it as if he is directing it at current kids enrolled at Valdosta. 

To me it’s telling kids from Lowndes and colquitt that they gotta enroll in Valdosta before they can workout 

• Haha 1

Just now, Sweetlarry said:

I don’t think we will ever know the truth about that, even if a few come and and say it actually happened it will be chalked up to sour grapes. 

What is your opine? Do you think it happened or #itshappening? 

Some of it happened before he was actually the coach of Valdosta. It was pretty common talk in a few circles that certain people had either called him or been called. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Some of it happened before he was actually the coach of Valdosta. It was pretty common talk in a few circles that certain people had either called him or been called. 

“Some of it”?!? What about the “other of it”? 

And if it did happen, what’s your take on it? 

14 minutes ago, Sweetlarry said:

“Some of it”?!? What about the “other of it”? 

And if it did happen, what’s your take on it? 

I don't know about any improper contact since he's been the coach in an official capacity. 

My take is even that "I knew of" is hearsay, but, I don't like it if it's true. There's rules in place about undue influence for a reason. If they're being violated, then something should be done, whether it's Colquitt, Marietta, Grayson or Valdosta doing it. 

Gotta have proof of it though, which always seems to be the snag when it's accused of people. Unless there is a recording or something, it's all hearsay and very hard to prove. 

• Like 2