Valdosta playa acquisition has started

Woodchopper

4 minutes ago, Sweetlarry said:

Do you disagree with Rufus about the HC hire? Interesting.

I know my buddy Hoover thinks otherwise, but countless in alabama have talked about how much rush cheated while there. For the sake of argument, let’s say it’s true. He’s been at valdosta ten minutes and he’s being accused of cheating there. You’d like for me to believe he never cheated in between? Everybody who magically ended up at cc over the years just happened to fall upon the thriving metroplii of moultrie, from wherever they came from? 

If he recruited kids and is currently, doesn’t bother me in the least. Listening to bullshit for years about how south jawja doing shit the “right” way and never cheats is what’s funny to me. 

I’m sure whatever happened most will he kept under wraps 

I like Justin. I think he's a great offensive mind. I'm not totally sure how much control he actually has and how much others are influencing certain hires. 

I'm not a hundred percent sold on his sales pitch to the kids either. A lot of flower power when you're playing against hungry wolves. I understand the pitch, and in the long run it's probably good for the kids, but, I don't think it's getting the job done. Just my personal opinion on that. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

Fair enough. The only thing that I don't agree with is the recruiting part. Why? Because everybody and they mama KNEW that once he got hired by Valdosta, people were gonna follow, so it's not like he had to go out of his way to get them down to Valdosta. That was already a given. 

Narcissistic people don’t look at things like that. But we all have our opinions. 

Many are acting like millennials right now, showing allegiance to a person as opposed to a team. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Sweetlarry said:

Narcissistic people don’t look at things like that. But we all have our opinions. 

Many are acting like millennials right now, showing allegiance to a person as opposed to a team. 

I truly hate to say this...but...there's you some Gospel.

Rufus>>

• Haha 1

One thing about Rush, and everyone knows it, whether they like it, want to agree or not, no matter where he goes, people will seek him out for their kids to play for him, and others will hate the shit out of him and try to cause him strife. 

It's a matter of opinion on styles is all. People that don't like him, think he's a tool, a prick and they don't like the fact that he uses scholarships and that stuff as a carrot to get the kids to play above and beyond what anyone thought or expected they could. That latter folks, is what makes a kid with marginal talent become a Saturday player though. That's the simple truth of it. 

Those kids put that extra out there for him and in return, he puts that extra out there for them and gets them that scholie he promised and used as a carrot. 

• Like 2

Just now, HawgGoneIt said:

One thing about Rush, and everyone knows it, whether they like it, want to agree or not, no matter where he goes, people will seek him out for their kids to play for him, and others will hate the shit out of him and try to cause him strife. 

It's a matter of opinion on styles is all. People that don't like him, think he's a tool, a prick and they don't like the fact that he uses scholarships and that stuff as a carrot to get the kids to play above and beyond what anyone thought or expected they could. That latter folks, is what makes a kid with marginal talent become a Saturday player though. That's the simple truth of it. 

Those kids put that extra out there for him and in return, he puts that extra out there for them and gets them that scholie he promised and used for a carrot. 

Sooo is it confirmed yet if any colquitt officially made the transfer to Valdosta?

most of the kids who were mentioned still have colquitt as school on Twitter 

3 minutes ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

Sooo is it confirmed yet if any colquitt officially made the transfer to Valdosta?

most of the kids who were mentioned still have colquitt as school on Twitter 

I can't confirm. I don't think you understood me before when I talked about our kids and twitter either. Hardly any of them use their Twitter recruiting profiles like that. They use them to post videos for colleges and that type activity. 

I wouldn't doubt Tajh goes. Talk has surrounded him for months, and mostly coming from his dad, not him. 

They barely used twitter at all when Rush was the coach, idk if I'd expect them to have a huge twitter thing at Valdosta either. Just sayin.

• Thanks 1

Half the kids at Colquitt didn't even have a twitter profile and quite a few had to help each other figure out how to build twitter recruiting profiles last season. 

This is a major difference between Rush and Justin. I don't think Justin sees it as his responsibility to help the kids get college offers. It's left to them and their own talent level and twitter last season. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Half the kids at Colquitt didn't even have a twitter profile and quite a few had to help each other figure out how to build twitter recruiting profiles last season. 

This is a major difference between Rush and Justin. I don't think Justin sees it as his responsibility to help the kids get college offers. It's left to them and their own talent level and twitter last season. 

It is a Coaches job to help his players to move forward in life.  If a call from high school coach can make a difference in a player getting into college he should do it.  Most HS coaches don't carry the respect that Rush has from college coaches in the recruiting process.  

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, HooverOutlaw said:

It is a Coaches job to help his players to move forward in life.  If a call from high school coach can make a difference in a player getting into college he should do it.  Most HS coaches don't carry the respect that Rush has from college coaches in the recruiting process.  

I agree, but, I'm not sure all coaches do. I know they don't all use it as a tool to get the best out of their marginal kids like Rush does. I've seen the motivational tactics of multiple coaches and none get out of their kids as much as Rush does. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

That was an planned, intentional Jerky Boys-type call. You were involved too if I remember correctly. I’m a regular on Phil’s show. Good people. Hope to meet all my SOWEGA fans this Fall. 

You have fans?!? 

I’d like to meet them too! 

• Haha 4