Valdosta playa acquisition has started

Woodchopper

47 minutes ago, CODBEARD said:

I didn't realize these schools were so close.  Does Georgia have school choice?

No.  These are totally separate school systems.  The GHSA also has rules about transfers.  This means the families are moving as well.  This is an example of why you don't get a lot of movement in S Ga like you do in the Metro area.  In the Metro, it is reasonably easy to move and stay at the same place of employment or find a new job if it is across the area.  S Ga tends to not have that degree of housing or employment mobility.  Not always true of course, but in general.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

Damn @HawgGoneIt,, all it takes or 2 or 3 players and then bam 10 more players go to Valdosta 

welcome to the big leagues, you wanna play with the big boys your gonna get poached like them,

wouldn’t be shocked if coaches follow suit to Valdookie

This was totally expected tbh. A lot of Colquitt kids would never want to play at Valdosta, but, some love Rush. They came up through his program. They saw how hard he worked to get every starter into a college. 

Everyone saw how we folded up at Parkview last season and nobody thinks that would have happened with Rush at the helm. 

I'm a Packer through and through, but, this is, what's the term? Just desserts. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

This was totally expected tbh. A lot of Colquitt kids would never want to play at Valdosta, but, some love Rush. They came up through his program. They saw how hard he worked to get every starter into a college. 

Everyone saw how we folded up at Parkview last season and nobody thinks that would have happened with Rush at the helm. 

I'm a Packer through and through, but, this is, what's the term? Just desserts. 

I don't know if I agree with the "Just Desserts" part.  OK...OK...I DON'T agree with the "Just Desserts" part.

I have a feeling this thing is gonna get ugly before it gets better.  Hell, I've heard of calls into Lowndes to join forces.

If a kid wants to move to Valdosta (entire family unit) and play for Rush...then he wasn't a Packer to begin with.

Let'em go.....

Rufus>>

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Rufus69 said:

I don't know if I agree with the "Just Desserts" part.  OK...OK...I DON'T agree with the "Just Desserts" part.

I have a feeling this thing is gonna get ugly before it gets better.  Hell, I've heard of calls into Lowndes to join forces.

If a kid wants to move to Valdosta (entire family unit) and play for Rush...then he wasn't a Packer to begin with.

Let'em go.....

Rufus>>

I agree with the wasn't a true Packer to start with part. Y'all know I fuss all the time about this transfer me me me crap, and I don't like this any better than any of the others I've grumbled about in the past. 

My opinion is, the adults in this thing screwed up in a major way. These kids were all coming up through a largely successful program where almost all the starters were getting scholarships to play college ball each year, and that was taken away based on lies and bullshit by an administration outside of these kid's and familes' control. People aren't stupid. Especially the people that play ball or their families. 

The program was a well oiled machine and it got popped for whatever reasons by people that literally made up shit to destroy the coach.  It's bullshit for the kids and just desserts for the administration and adults involved. 

I told y'all in our little group pm this was going to happen, especially with Taj. There was too much talk surrounding him and his family about it.  Idk who else will go, but, there probably will be more. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I agree with the wasn't a true Packer to start with part. Y'all know I fuss all the time about this transfer me me me crap, and I don't like this any better than any of the others I've grumbled about in the past. 

My opinion is, the adults in this thing screwed up in a major way. These kids were all coming up through a largely successful program where almost all the starters were getting scholarships to play college ball each year, and that was taken away based on lies and bullshit by an administration outside of these kid's and familes' control. People aren't stupid. Especially the people that play ball or their families. 

The program was a well oiled machine and it got popped for whatever reasons by people that literally made up shit to destroy the coach.  It's bullshit for the kids and just desserts for the administration and adults involved. 

I told y'all in our little group pm this was going to happen, especially with Taj. There was too much talk surrounding him and his family about it.  Idk who else will go, but, there probably will be more. 

Well...we'll agree to disagree about the "Just Desserts" part.

Cause...none of the players...none of their parents...none of the coaches...none of the true Packer fans...had anything to with firing Rush.

I support the Packer program.  I have since 1968.  And I'll support it till my last breath.  And no sir...Taj is not the only one...more players will leave.  I'm not saying I'm a vindictive SOB...I would never put that in writing.

Rufus>>

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Columbiafan said:

Why would a Tift coach be aware of what Colquitt players told to a Colquitt coach?

Good question. Bro, that state board over there... people just make fake burner profile after fake burner profile to shit on teams, coaches and each other. I pass through there a few times per year and can tell that pretty easy. People are apparently afraid to say what the want outright so they hide and make up stuff to lend their fake profile credibility. 

Not saying that one is some new profile or whatever as I don't care to look, but, it happens a lot on that board. 

• Like 1

Like @HawgGoneIt said y'all.... this was bound to happen. However, to say that Rush has been recruiting the colquitt players is a way to try to get him in trouble in my opinion. That man has literally struck fear in the coaches of South Georgia....maybe some in the metro area as well. I guess some of the colquitt players aren't sold on Rogers, so they decided to go down south to a guy with a.....proven track record, and if that's the case, then do what you gotta do. But DAMN! Valdosta s gonna be LOADED this year. I can see this starting off in the maxpreps top 25 rankings to begin the year. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Rufus69 said:

Well...we'll agree to disagree about the "Just Desserts" part.

Cause...none of the players...none of their parents...none of the coaches...none of the true Packer fans...had anything to with firing Rush.

I support the Packer program.  I have since 1968.  And I'll support it till my last breath.  And no sir...Taj is not the only one...more players will leave.  I'm not saying I'm a vindictive SOB...I would never put that in writing.

Rufus>>

You're right that they didn't, but, the change in everything is too great for some to deal with. Kids thrust into the twitter recruiting world on their own and shit. Nobody really guiding them or helping them navigate their best options like was the case before. Etc. 

I literally had someone ask me at the races two weeks ago if I was a Packer through and through. I was like, that's an odd fucking question, but, it set me to thinking there must be some talk out and around that makes people wonder such a thing. Damn right I am.

I've invested countless hours and plenty of pesos in the program. I damn sure haven't decided all of a sudden that I'm not supporting these kids from Moultrie anymore. I have been there for the kids straight up, and not any coach or board or anyone else. That isn't likely to change. Those kids deserve to have the best resources we can give them, and by God I work hard to make sure they do. Then I stand my ass in the stands every week so they can see my face yelling and supporting them.

Anyway, the staunch supporters groups must have been kind of out of the loop on something rumbling around under the surface to have that question pop up to me like that. Now this stuff is showing up. 

Nearing a complete coaching turnover now. I heard Tony Kirkland might be the guy filling Troy Hobbs spot now. Idk that, just heard it though. I don't have anything against him nor am I judging but I've heard stuff  and just saying if that's the case, I don't think we improved at that spot or even made a lateral move there. We lost a very "community" involved guy that had great repertoire with the kids and I don't think Kirkland is a fan or kid favorite. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

You're right that they didn't, but, the change in everything is too great for some to deal with. Kids thrust into the twitter recruiting world on their own and shit. Nobody really guiding them or helping them navigate their best options like was the case before. Etc. 

I literally had someone ask me at the races two weeks ago if I was a Packer through and through. I was like, that's an odd fucking question, but, it set me to thinking there must be some talk out and around that makes people wonder such a thing. Damn right I am.

I've invested countless hours and plenty of pesos in the program. I damn sure haven't decided all of a sudden that I'm not supporting these kids from Moultrie anymore. I have been there for the kids straight up, and not any coach or board or anyone else. That isn't likely to change. Those kids deserve to have the best resources we can give them, and by God I work hard to make sure they do. Then I stand my ass in the stands every week so they can see my face yelling and supporting them.

Anyway, the staunch supporters groups must have been kind of out of the loop on something rumbling around under the surface to have that question pop up to me like that. Now this stuff is showing up. 

Nearing a complete coaching turnover now. I heard Tony Kirkland might be the guy filling Troy Hobbs spot now. Idk that, just heard it though. I don't have anything against him nor am I judging but I've heard stuff  and just saying if that's the case, I don't think we improved at that spot or even made a lateral move there. We lost a very "community" involved guy that had great repertoire with the kids and I don't think Kirkland is a fan or kid favorite. 

I believe we're mostly on the same side.  I just don't think the "program" deserves all this crap that's circulating right now.  If/when Taj leaves...so be it.  If others choose to leave...so be it.  I'm a big believer in the Ace Little philosophy...you line up and play with them who love you.   I have always said...I support the Packer program...and the kids and coaches who wear and bleed the colors.  I do that until it's apparent that "certain people" do NOT present themselves the way I think they should.

We can argue that Rush wasn't given a fair shake by the Triad.  I pretty much agree.  But two wrongs don't make a right.  Three lefts do.  If a kid and his ENTIRE family moves to Valdosta to play for Rush...I won't say one thing.  But I've heard rumors from solid people who say...contacts have been made and a few things have been promised.  If this turns out to be fact....then it's no holds barred.

Rufus>>

10 minutes ago, Rufus69 said:

I believe we're mostly on the same side.  I just don't think the "program" deserves all this crap that's circulating right now.  If/when Taj leaves...so be it.  If others choose to leave...so be it.  I'm a big believer in the Ace Little philosophy...you line up and play with them who love you.   I have always said...I support the Packer program...and the kids and coaches who wear and bleed the colors.  I do that until it's apparent that "certain people" do NOT present themselves the way I think they should.

We can argue that Rush wasn't given a fair shake by the Triad.  I pretty much agree.  But two wrongs don't make a right.  Three lefts do.  If a kid and his ENTIRE family moves to Valdosta to play for Rush...I won't say one thing.  But I've heard rumors from solid people who say...contacts have been made and a few things have been promised.  If this turns out to be fact....then it's no holds barred.

Rufus>>

The program doesn't deserve it. I can't tell you how disappointed I am about what we're going through. We do mostly agree, I just can definitely understand why kids may be deciding it's time to check out. 

The rumor is,, apparently there's some major "culture" change underway behind the scenes. I'll leave it at that.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

How easy is this to do? Just a simple family move to a dwelling in Dosta? 

According to the GHSA...a simple Family move to the Valdosta School District (entire family unit) with no dwelling attachments to Colquitt County.  Fred could probably explain how it's done better than me...(Smile).

Rufus>>

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, CODBEARD said:

If Valdosta offera course of study CC doesnt then sometimes they can claim they want that course and can legally transfer that way.. Schools that have Magnet programs are famous for that and the coahes know how to use it..ie.Wise in Maryland

Colquitt has Football 101. Apparently  Valdosta started offering Football 102 next semester.😉

• Haha 6

1 hour ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Good question. Bro, that state board over there... people just make fake burner profile after fake burner profile to shit on teams, coaches and each other. I pass through there a few times per year and can tell that pretty easy. People are apparently afraid to say what the want outright so they hide and make up stuff to lend their fake profile credibility. 

Not saying that one is some new profile or whatever as I don't care to look, but, it happens a lot on that board. 

Most the posters over there are clowns, especially the lowndes fans over there who have to talk up Valdosta to sound important over there like they share their success LMAO 🤣😂😂😂😂

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Rufus69 said:

According to the GHSA...a simple Family move to the Valdosta School District (entire family unit) with no dwelling attachments to Colquitt County.  Fred could probably explain how it's done better than me...(Smile).

Rufus>>

Those rules do not apply to Gwinnett County.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1