What position should I play?

brady10k

I'm 15 6'0 133 lbs
Pros:
 im pretty fast
im unphased by trash talk
i can take being trucked on defense, but im not sure about a hit stick on offense
i jump HIGH
okay catching but i would really rather swat
Cons:
skinny
my strength honestly isnt the best, i wrestle so tacking wont be hard for me but blocking and getting trucked is definitely an issue
unexperienced (will be my first year playing)

Im moving on to my junior year and i wanted to try out for the varsity football team. i wanted to play FS/RB or only FS if RB isnt for me. I dont like corner too much as i like playing the deep but ill play it if its a better fit for me. WR isn't my thing either, and i would love to try a special team. Can i get some advice on workouts and/or what position to play?! Thanks!

6 minutes ago, brady10k said:

I'm 15 6'0 133 lbs
Pros:
 im pretty fast
i can take being trucked on defense, but im not sure about a hit stick on offense
i jump HIGH
Cons:
skinny
my strength honestly isnt the best, i wrestle so tacking wont be hard for me but blocking and getting trucked is definitely an issue

Im moving on to my junior year and i wanted to try out for the varsity football team. i wanted to play FS/RB or only FS if RB isnt for me. I dont like corner too much as i like playing the deep but ill play it if its a better fit for me. WR isn't my thing either, and i would love to try a special team. Can i get some advice on workouts and/or what position to play?! Thanks!

Punter!  Then run a fake and show the coach you can throw.  If you throw an interception, show the coach you can hit and jar the ball lose.   And just keep working out with whatever position coach gives you.  Eat right too.

30 minutes ago, brady10k said:

I'm 15 6'0 133 lbs
Pros:
 im pretty fast
i jump HIGH
Cons:
skinny

Maybe safety or CB but I would suggest finding a training coach regionally who is good with training DBs and like said above probably build muscle through a proper eating, probably speak to a Athletic trainer or a nutritionist

• Like 1

I would say free safety or strong safety to bulk up a bit. Ball-hawking ability is great at free safety and possibly strong safety depending on what your defense runs. Appreciate you reaching out don't listen to some of those jackass posters on here they're just want to be Varsity losers that could never crack JV

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

55 minutes ago, brady10k said:

my teams punter is already pretty good, i dont think id have a chance there tbh. thanks though! any other opinions ?

long snapper. plenty of schools give schollies for longsnapper, specifically.  lean kids than can run make great long snappers as well.

work on your hands a bit and be a speed tightend as well. 

Just now, sausmann9 said:

long snapper. plenty of schools give schollies for longsnapper, specifically.  lean kids than can run make great long snappers as well.

ooooh LS seems fun i always thought TE's played it but im gonna see if i can play that. thanks!

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

Glee club or track , you seem fragile. Footballs a mans game ,, you gonna get hurt playing with the big boys

That was truly a douchebag comment. Just cuz you couldn't handle varsity doesn't mean you have to go rip on someone who's trying. Good job embarrassing yourself Now go colect  scrap metal

• Haha 5

2 minutes ago, brady10k said:

ooooh LS seems fun i always thought TE's played it but im gonna see if i can play that. thanks!

being a backup punter is good to learn as well, if you have a decent leg.  in that situation, a coach is looking for a backup who can handle the snap, get the ball off, control that play for 8 seconds.  be that guy, coaches NEED good depth, your current punter is not indestructible.  And most kickers and punters are emotional and superstitious, some have trouble making it through an entire season.  

5 minutes ago, brady10k said:

check out the story of the Carson Tinker Alabama LS years ago.  great story.  he dealt w/ some tragedy (I wont' spoil the story) but point being he got a schollie to Alabama for longsnapping.  Carson Tinker was only 6' tall at most but he did wieigh about 220 while at Alabama.

4 hours ago, I AM IRONMAN said:

That was truly a douchebag comment. Just cuz you couldn't handle varsity doesn't mean you have to go rip on someone who's trying. Good job embarrassing yourself Now go colect  scrap metal

You do realize this is Block? How many times are you guys gonna fall for the this, he posts the same shit every 3 months

• Thanks 4
  • Haha 6

11 hours ago, brady10k said:

I'm 15 6'0 133 lbs
Pros:
 im pretty fast
i jump HIGH
Cons:
skinny

Didn't check to see if anyone mentioned it but make sure you work on your form and technique. The right form when it comes to tackling makes a huge difference and it'll keep you from injuring yourself. You did wrestling so im sure you've got alot of endurance. Would be a goof idea to do track for speed and running form if your school has a good track program. Watching film can help also. Get on your huddle and watch as much of your opponents as you can

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

You do realize this is Block? How many times are you guys gonna fall for the this, he posts the same shit every 3 months

lmfao who tf is block ? I'm jus on here to figure out what I should do my bad if these posts are common 🤷🏾‍♂️

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, brady10k said:

lmfao who tf is block ? I'm jus on here to figure out what I should do my bad if these posts are common 🤷🏾‍♂️

On 1/13/2020 at 11:25 AM, frankyjames said:

You know that- go hide in a corner on the OT forum where you belong. :) 

And who tf is "block?" You guys are weird. 

🧐🧐

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5