Screenshot_20200621-223734.png

Screenshot_20200621-230736.png

Screenshot_20200621-230316.png

Screenshot_20200621-232224.png

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Ararar said:

Ok but why

and what does that have to do with the look of the helmet 

People are voting based on the look of the helmets involved.  The SP helmet has not changed since 1966 or so.  Cool then and cool now.  Kids earn their swords by giving 100% effort  in the Classroom, weight room and on the field.

• Like 1

On 6/20/2020 at 3:35 PM, ThunderRam said:

Yeah, I call shenanigans on this poll. There are lots of better looking helmet designs throughout CA than those two.

They had about 70 Calif schools selected by the Committee based on submissions.   The helmets selected were pretty good.  The final 32 in the National tourney are really good.

17 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

When it comes to Florida: 

Miami Central 

STA  

Dr. Phillips 

Plant

Armwood 

Viera  

Manatee 

Escambia 

BTW 

Mainland

Miami Central? I don't see the appeal in their helmet, it simply looks like the Jets helmet with the school logo on it instead. And I'm not a fan of the green color on the helmet/uniform. But I guess I can't blame you if you like it.

3 hours ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

When it comes to Florida: 

Miami Central 

STA  

Dr. Phillips 

Plant

Armwood 

Viera  

Manatee 

Escambia 

BTW 

Mainland

Viera won Fla by beating Cardinal Gibbons in the final.  

yesterday in a stunning upset, Viera lost to the Montana team (Glasgow Scotties). We now play the Scotties tomorrow in the Sweet 16

On ‎5‎/‎29‎/‎2020 at 8:48 AM, CODBEARD said:

That design has an interesting history.  Many think it was Michigan's first but it was developed by then Princeton head coach and worn by them first. He took it to Michigan when he became coach there.. A former Michigan player when he became the HC of Delaware they went to it..

jbd_blog_wingedhelmet_2

This helmet is often cited as one of the most attractive ones, as attested to by its popularity in high school and college.  And you are correct about its history.  Fritz Crisler took it to Michigan with him when he left Princeton.   Princeton however itself did not retain the helmet after him until recently when they went back to it.  But personally I preferred the Princeton helmets and uniforms of the Lawson Cashdoller-Stash Maliszewski period with an orange helmet and single black stripe and black number on the sides and the black sleeves with orange stripes on them. 

But attractiveness is purely subjective.  The simplicity of Penn State's or Alabama's uniforms/helmets can be considered attractive just as well...  I kinda like Auburn's uniforms/helmets.  They seem to be somewhere in the middle -- not too fancy, not too plain...

45 minutes ago, elKakador said:

This helmet is often cited as one of the most attractive ones, as attested to by its popularity in high school and college.  And you are correct about its history.  Fritz Crisler took it to Michigan with him when he left Princeton.   Princeton however itself did not retain the helmet after him until recently when they went back to it.  But personally I preferred the Princeton helmets and uniforms of the Lawson Cashdoller-Stash Maliszewski period with an orange helmet and single black stripe and black number on the sides and the black sleeves with orange stripes on them. 

But attractiveness is purely subjective.  The simplicity of Penn State's or Alabama's uniforms/helmets can be considered attractive just as well...  I kinda like Auburn's uniforms/helmets.  They seem to be somewhere in the middle -- not too fancy, not too plain...

Ohhh, so that's where they got the name for the Crisler Center (for Xichigan basketball and a few other sports). Makes much more sense now.

46 minutes ago, ngdawg said:

Ohhh, so that's where they got the name for the Crisler Center (for Xichigan basketball and a few other sports). Makes much more sense now.

Crisler invented the helmet design to help the quarterback identify his receivers downfield.  At the time there wasn't a whole lot to distinguish one player from another on the field...

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, AztecPadre said:

Is that a dog with a scottish hat on?  Hahahaha.  Come on.  I have seen way better ones up here. 

That Scotty Dog helmet just took dow the Florida state champs.  Gaining the most votes of any team in the tournament.  For some reason alot of people really like that helmet.

6000+ helmets started in the Tournament and 2.5 million votes have been cast.

Too bad all the "other teams" you mentioned either were not good enough to qualify, or lost in the state round.  LOL

• Haha 1