2012 Alabama vs 2019 LSU

ChimpGrip

12 hours ago, 954gator said:

I think this LSU team was great, but I don’t think they are a team that’s anywhere near unbeatable.   Shoot this years Fl team was right there with them.

I’d probably go with Bama but who knows.  

😂 

Losing by 14 points and giving up 42 in 43 isn’t Right there with them. When a QB goes for about 90% completion rate and a RB goes for over a hundo while averaging 10+ a pop you did nothing to stop them.

Can’t wait to whoop your ass in Death Valley this year! 😂 

3 hours ago, Sweetlarry said:

😂

Losing by 14 points and giving up 42 in 43 isn’t Right there with them. When a QB goes for about 90% completion rate and a RB goes for over a hundo while averaging 10+ a pop you did nothing to stop them.

Can’t wait to whoop your ass in Death Valley this year! 😂 

In death valley?  

19 hours ago, 954gator said:

I think this LSU team was great, but I don’t think they are a team that’s anywhere near unbeatable.   Shoot this years Fl team was right there with them.

I’d probably go with Bama but who knows.  

Agreed. 

I think the Bama run game with that monster OL would control the game and keep the ball out of Burrow’s hands. 

34 minutes ago, ChimpGrip said:

Agreed. 

I think the Bama run game with that monster OL would control the game and keep the ball out of Burrow’s hands. 

Maybe it’s just me but I didn’t see the monster Dlines this year in the SEC.    Auburn and UGA were pretty good, but compared to some of the Bama, LSU, or even Fl lines of the past they didn’t seem the same.    Maybe that’s what’s making me think  Bama.    

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

Hmmm... care to elaborate? 

I’ll have to come back later with more but I don’t think '04 USC would slow down Burrow enough to win. What Burrow was doing, especially late in the year (throwing magnificent deep balls on roll outs, putting the ball on the money each and every time) is almost unstoppable unless you have a historic defense that had the personnel and scheme to slow it down. 2004 USC was a very good team but did not have a defense close to historic or anything like that. Regarding offenses... I know LSU scored only 23 on Auburn but you can’t cherry-pick games like that and put a team down. One could come back and say USC was underwhelming against Cal and Stanford in 2004, if I’m not mistaken, I believe the scores were 24-20 and 31-28. 

1 hour ago, 954gator said:

Maybe it’s just me but I didn’t see the monster Dlines this year in the SEC.    Auburn and UGA were pretty good, but compared to some of the Bama, LSU, or even Fl lines of the past they didn’t seem the same.    Maybe that’s what’s making me think  Bama.    

I think the last great SEC DL was 2016 Bama. Georgia and Auburn have had some stout defensive lines, as well as LSU and Florida (you know UF ball so feel free to correct me if you disagree). 

1 hour ago, ChimpGrip said:

I think the last great SEC DL was 2016 Bama. Georgia and Auburn have had some stout defensive lines, as well as LSU and Florida (you know UF ball so feel free to correct me if you disagree). 

2017 Alabama d-line , the year they beat GA in NC, was a great d-line imop . The rest of Bama's Defense wasn't great like in year's past

I’ll have to come back later with more but I don’t think '04 USC would slow down Burrow enough to win. What Burrow was doing, especially late in the year (throwing magnificent deep balls on roll outs, putting the ball on the money each and every time) is almost unstoppable unless you have a historic defense that had the personnel and scheme to slow it down. 2004 USC was a very good team but did not have a defense close to historic or anything like that. Regarding offenses... I know LSU scored only 23 on Auburn but you can’t cherry-pick games like that and put a team down. One could come back and say USC was underwhelming against Cal and Stanford in 2004, if I’m not mistaken, I believe the scores were 24-20 and 31-28. 

You know what? I'm noticing how a lot of football fans are picking LSU in all these hypothetical games, but won't say that they're the greatest team in CFB history. But good explanation on your behalf. 

6 minutes ago, 954gator said:

Honestly I was confusing the Bama teams.   2012 Bama wasn’t the one I was thinking.  I was thinking 2011.   That team was just so damn powerful.

LSU split with Gump in 2011.

LSU beat Gump 9-6

LSU laid an egg in the champ game losing 21-0

1 hour ago, RedZone said:

LSU split with Gump in 2011.

LSU beat Gump 9-6

LSU laid an egg in the champ game losing 21-0

Yeah I know Bama sucked into the natty, but that team was flat out good.   Don’t forget how great the LSU defense was in 2011.    They were legit too.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, 954gator said:

Honestly I was confusing the Bama teams.   2012 Bama wasn’t the one I was thinking.  I was thinking 2011.   That team was just so damn powerful.

More physical than any team you'll see in CFB today. One of the strongest teams too, two DT's alone could bench press 585 and 600. I found this interesting because of my interest in strongman and powerlifting.

11 hours ago, CaliNorth said:

2017 Alabama d-line , the year they beat GA in NC, was a great d-line imop . The rest of Bama's Defense wasn't great like in year's past

Our DL was pretty good that year. A very good group but not close to 2016. I would say the best linebacker unit of any Tide defense was the 2011 unit. 

Deepest front 7 (maybe in CFB history... insane depth) was 2015 unit. Great DL and LB's. As deep as they were, I don't think they generated stops like the 2011 team. 

Our DL was pretty good that year. A very good group but not close to 2016. I would say the best linebacker unit of any Tide defense was the 2011 unit. 

Deepest front 7 (maybe in CFB history... insane depth) was 2015 unit. Great DL and LB's. As deep as they were, I don't think they generated stops like the 2011 team. 

I remember Courtney Upshaw being a beast.