Alabama vs TCU instead of USC?

RedZone

20 hours ago, Norcalnut said:

From what they have coming in and coming back  Georgia is the favorite, but if the past is a look into the future then the coaches will screw it up somehow.

If UGA can field an above average offense this year, then they have a great chance. The defense should be lockdown again. It will be interesting to see how much the offense changes with a new OC, new QB, and new OL. This isn't a good time to lose an entire spring of preparation. It wouldn't surprise me if we run the same system as years past due to the virus.

9 hours ago, CCBlackhatter said:

If UGA can field an above average offense this year, then they have a great chance. The defense should be lockdown again. It will be interesting to see how much the offense changes with a new OC, new QB, and new OL. This isn't a good time to lose an entire spring of preparation. It wouldn't surprise me if we run the same system as years past due to the virus.

UGA with a good offense would be favorite to win it all IMO.   Hope it sucks ass!

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, 954gator said:

UGA with a good offense would be favorite to win it all IMO.   Hope it sucks ass!

I agree. The defense wins championships mentality only gets you so far in this era of football. You can have the #1 defense, but will have one or two games in which you must be able to win in a shootout. The SEC championship last season was a prime example. You can't go three and out every series and expect your defense to completely shut down an offense with as much fire power as LSU had.

I'm not confident we even play football this year, but if we do...I expect UGA to struggle offensively. There was too much turnover and too little prep time to be confident in the UGA offense this season. I think Clemson and Ohio State are the runaway favorites to win it all this season because of experienced QBs, talented defenses, and continuity in coaching.

44 minutes ago, 954gator said:

If UGA gets a decent offense going they will be incredibly hard to stop.   Auburn...I don’t really have faith in that QB.  

I just don't see Kirby saying, "What the hell and giving full control this season offensively." There is too little time to prepare and Kirby is pretty risk adverse. Hopefully, he will allow Monken to do his thing, but I just don't see it. I think he will be more likely to do so next year with a full off season and a QB, either Beck or Mathis, having more time to work with Monken and their WRs.

1 hour ago, 954gator said:

If UGA gets a decent offense going they will be incredibly hard to stop.   Auburn...I don’t really have faith in that QB.  

Fromm was way underrated IMO. Absolutely killed the Gators with 3rd and long throws into tight windows. They just didn't have the WRs to put up big numbers last year.

• Like 1