And just like that we’re saved? Wtf

I'm honestly more than a little torn over whether governors easing restrictions now is the best move. 

I think they were right to make moves to keep the population safe, so having said that, I figure to think they would be right to have extended their orders for shelter in place and keep certain businesses closed. 

At the same time, after everyone having sat home and practiced social distancing, it also seems like most everyone should have learned how to operate safely enough and be educated enough to make their own decisions about whether to open their business or enter a dining room or sit at the movie theater and that type stuff, so, to that end, perhaps it's also perfectly OK if they let the shelter in place and that type order to expire. 

We are in a tough predicament. If we don't stay with what we've learned collectively, then, we risk wasting all of the sacrifice we have already collectively done. Tough stuff. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I'm honestly more than a little torn over whether governors easing restrictions now is the best move. 

I think they were right to make moves to keep the population safe, so having said that, I figure to think they would be right to have extended their orders for shelter in place and keep certain businesses closed. 

At the same time, after everyone having sat home and practiced social distancing, it also seems like most everyone should have learned how to operate safely enough and be educated enough to make their own decisions about whether to open their business or enter a dining room or sit at the movie theater and that type stuff, so, to that end, perhaps it's also perfectly OK if they let the shelter in place and that type order to expire. 

We are in a tough predicament. If we don't stay with what we've learned collectively, then, we risk wasting all of the sacrifice we have already collectively done. Tough stuff. 

People need to be smart about it, wear masks, keep hands clean, be aware, social distancing. 

Perfectly healthy, active people that I know have been knocked down, one was admitted for COVID-19 and suffered a massive heart attack.... late forties, no preexisting conditions... perfect health. 

bgw

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

People need to be smart about it, wear masks, keep hands clean, be aware, social distancing. 

Perfectly healthy, active people that I know have been knocked down, one was admitted for COVID-19 and suffered a massive heart attack.... late forties, no preexisting conditions... perfect health. 

bgw

I notice that people that know others that have had the virus or know people that died from it all have a bit of a different outlook than those that don't yet. 

We are all in different spots on how we have been affected so we are all in different spots on how we view it all. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I notice that people that know others that have had the virus or know people that died from it all have a bit of a different outlook than those that don't yet. 

We are all in different spots on how we have been affected so we are all in different spots on how we view it all. 

I feel no pity for NYC , they were ground zero, worse than Wuhan, worse than the 1918 Plague , just hit their peak  a week and a Half ago, and the jackass mayor and Governor goes out and tells everyone to get out the house and go get infected at the beach

i swear it’s like they want us to get it.

581B491D-19D4-403C-824F-935AC4F48677.jpeg

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

I feel no pity for NYC , they were ground zero, worse than Wuhan, worse than the 1918 Plague , just hit their peak  a week and a Half ago, and the jackass mayor and Governor goes out and tells everyone to get out the house and go get infected at the beach

For the most part, those people all look to be social distancing pretty much. They have some space between their family groups and all. 

Eventually somewhere between 60 and 80 percent of us have to get it, or a vaccine has to get here, or, we'll be dealing with this bullshit for longer and longer. So, potentially they do want you to get it. xD

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

I let my chickens out this morning to get some sunshine too....🤷‍♂️

• Haha 4

29 minutes ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

I actually see a couple of females out there that I might risk health and safety to close social distance with. 

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

HorseFly is golden Man, excellent debate poster. And I don’t agree with everything but HorseFly is hard to beat. We have some pretty smart folks here and some folks who operate solely along party lines. 

bgw

"Excellent debate poster". I've said that all along. it's easy to debate when ya don't really take a side. But that and a couple of squares of toilet paper (if you can find it because of this mess) can wipe my ass. If that's what's important to ya, then have at it. But he's a coward. Ain't got no place in my life for cowards. I consider myself pretty fucking smart. What side do you fall on? 

1 hour ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

bgw

Good fucking grief, man. I've been saying this for how long? And FYI dude, I've personally worked on more people than you can count on both of our hands and feet that have dropped dead from heart attacks in their forties LONG before this fucking virus came along. Sucker.🤣

13 minutes ago, Blueliner said:

"Excellent debate poster". I've said that all along. it's easy to debate when ya don't really take a side. But that and a couple of squares of toilet paper (if you can find it because of this mess) can wipe my ass. If that's what's important to ya, then have at it. But he's a coward. Ain't got no place in my life for cowards. I consider myself pretty fucking smart. What side do you fall on? 

You keep babbling my name in threads and I’m not even a part of the convo.   If you don’t have time in you life for me stop mentioning me.  😂 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Blueliner said:

The side that says you’re a bigoted asshole for that comment. 

How bout them apples, loser?

Really? That’s a losers way out. 

And you call yourself smart. Well alrighty then....

Peace.

bgw

On 5/4/2020 at 7:12 PM, Troll said:

So what's the problem ? 🤔

we went from everything open and 'no worries' .....😁

to lock down new world order overnight...😲

"without doing anything"...🤷‍♂️

go figure

New world order... 

Some believe, some don't.

I believe we are headed that way. 10, 20 years? Who knows.

2 hours ago, Blueliner said:

Did you retire yet or are you still in the fray? I know you were ready too but that was before this shit hit the fan.

BTW, I lean right... 5 years ago I was slightly left of center.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Cat_Scratch said:

Did you retire yet or are you still in the fray? I know you were ready too but that was before this shit hit the fan.

just a footnote...

It's never good to be dead in the water..

current can take you anywhere then.

A smart man is never in the same spot five years later...

kudos.

Time is always a factor, and different times...

can call for different left vs right ....hard decisions.

🤔

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Horsefly said:

You keep babbling my name in threads and I’m not even a part of the convo.   If you don’t have time in you life for me stop mentioning me.  😂 

Bbbbbbut you’re so important. Nobody was talking to you, coward. I thought we had an understanding. Typical liberal....his word means nothing. 

3 hours ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

Lmao true

you got the one smart dude acting like he’s doing push-ups while looking at that ass

typical NEw Yorker lmao 😂 

81322BE2-6CBD-4EEE-8D7A-71719915EF7B.jpeg

Somebody call an ambulance ...   

There's a social distancing Crime Scene about to happen here....

nycl.png.d230443f0f068c4d8360f816de21a611.png

• Haha 4

55 minutes ago, Cat_Scratch said:

I’m out. Retired on March 27th. Not much of a retirement so far, and had to cancel my trip due to the media’s dreaded coronavirus. I wonder if that’s why I’m so pissed🤔🤣

You and I are in the same boat. They have no answer for the people leaving for he left in droves, nor do they care as to why. We are now the enemy.

• Like 1

On 5/1/2020 at 9:30 PM, imaGoodBoyNow said:

That’s what I’m saying, and from Bergen County which is the hotspot in Jersey 

murphy declared construction workers are essential again

Ya it’s crazy cause it’s crazy cause we just hit our peek last week and the governor is already rushing people back to work 

Bro you need to study Social Darwinism.  I think you might be an unwilling partner. 🤣

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, DevilDog said:

Bro you need to study Social Darwinism.  I think you might be an unwilling partner. 🤣

Heard from a 50 yo friend from Bergen county who says he and his whole family had it...

Didn't really do anything to the kids, about the same as a regular flu for the wife, and he said he felt like he had rabies....nasty stuff and some of the worst he's had. (he does have underlying immune system issues).

You can argue about 'what' it really is all day, from just another winter flu with propaganda this time, to absolutely something that we've never seen before that's gonna kill the world, but people do actually get sick from what they call 'it'.....

just sayin'

• Like 2