OT: Terrance Crawford

954gator

On ‎5‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 11:53 PM, steeler01 said:

I think Crawford would have lots of trouble with the top 147(Porter, Thurman and Spence)fighters. They're bigger physically, and have enough speed to give him lots of trouble. Not to mention, it would be the first time he'd be hit by a real welterweight.

I think Crawford is already as big as those guys. I don't thin k anyone at welterweight can frick with him. My top 3 right now are

1. Crawford
  2. Lomo
  3. Mikey Garcia 

I like Rigondeaux a lot but to me he is only a great defensive fighter. Yes I know the name of the game is hit and don't get hit. As a fan I cant imagine watching say a Rigondeaux vs Mayweather fight over Crawford vs Mikey Garcia. Do I think Rig can beat any of my top 3? Yes. However I believe my top 3 can also beat Rig.

I also like Spence a lot. That kid is going to be very special. He has a great head on his shoulders as well. I believe the fight with Kel is going to be a hell of a fight. Kell is tech as good as they get. I question his power. Spence is turn out the lights with both hands. I also like that Spence is a lot like Crawford. Neither one of them has wasted motion. Each punch has a mission. They don't just go in throwing haymakers. They hit you with a solid punch and lure you into thinking you can take that punch, the next time they throw it with way more power.  IMO kell will need to throw 20, 30 jabs a round to beat him. If he tries to stand in the pocket with him the fight will be over soon.

3 minutes ago, paladin4ever said:

Crawford has tremendous talent. He could have been a bit classier against Diaz this weekend. Tapping him on the head in an effort to embarrass the other fighter just makes you look like a dick.

I agree first time ive seen Crawford do this. Im hoping he doesn't think he needs to take the Mayweather approach to get fights. He needs to stay classy.

57 minutes ago, SOCIntellectualProperty said:

wow... what welterweight would you put over him ?

*** also... i'd contend that mayweather was pretty classy with  most of his opponents

Just off the top of my head Spence and Brook both are better in my opinion.

As for Mayweather I agree he was a classy boxer in the ring. I am talking his persona outside of the ring. Half the people who bought tickets were hoping to see him get his ass kicked. It worked for him The more people hated the more they watched. That's why I said I hope Crawford doesn't think he needs to do this to get fights. The big name fights on PPV. I would rather him stay the way he is. Humble.

On another note I saw that Bronner and Mikey Garcia are in the works?  Please, Please god let this happen. If it does happen, Mikey please don't knock this bitch out too soon. Carry him until the 10th, or 11th and punish his bitch ass the entire time.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, thc6795 said:

On another note I saw that Bronner and Mikey Garcia are in the works?  Please, Please god let this happen. If it does happen, Mikey please don't knock this bitch out too soon. Carry him until the 10th, or 11th and punish his bitch ass the entire time.

I'd be really surprised if Mikey could hurt Broner who is much bigger(frame wise)

7 minutes ago, steeler01 said:

I'd be really surprised if Mikey could hurt Broner who is much bigger(frame wise)

MIkey is at 135 right now. I bet it is killing him to make weight. His walk around weight is 150-155. IMO he is maxed at welterweight. But this is going to be his best weight. I would be more surprised if he couldn't hurt Bronner.

I cant stand frigging Bronner. I don't care who that bitch fights I hope whoever it is turns off his lights for the 10 count.

I just read if the fight happens it will be at a catch weight around 140. This will be no problem for Mikey. Max boxing has the top 3 fights they wd like to see for Mikey being:

3. Bronner-Mikey destroys him

2. Lomo-OMG please let this happen. Lomo has only really been tested once and lost. Mikey has 2 sledge hammers for hands. Lomo has the best footwork in the business. Damn heart says Mikey. Never count out Lomo.

1. Crawford- I love both guys, I don't think Crawford can get small enough to meet him at any catch weight. They wd have to fight at welterweight. I give the edge to Crawford. But I would not be surprised to see Mikey win by KO. Crawford like to mix it up and can get hit. This wd be a very dangerous thing to do against Mikey.

4 minutes ago, thc6795 said:

I just read if the fight happens it will be at a catch weight around 140. This will be no problem for Mikey. Max boxing has the top 3 fights they wd like to see for Mikey being:

2. Lomo-OMG please let this happen. Lomo has only really been tested once and lost. Mikey has 2 sledge hammers for hands. Lomo has the best footwork in the business. Damn heart says Mikey. Never count out Lomo.

1. Crawford- I love both guys, I don't think Crawford can get small enough to meet him at any catch weight. They wd have to fight at welterweight. I give the edge to Crawford. But I would not be surprised to see Mikey win by KO. Crawford like to mix it up and can get hit. This wd be a very dangerous thing to do against Mikey.

what did you have for lunch? I had a small ham sandwich. Unusual for me as I seldom eat lunch.

I was down in North Carolina last week with a customer and had a fine rabbit stew for lunch. 

These are the only 2 lunches I have had this month. 

2 minutes ago, noonereal said:

what did you have for lunch? I had a small ham sandwich. Unusual for me as I seldom eat lunch.

I was down in North Carolina last week with a customer and had a fine rabbit stew for lunch. 

These are the only 2 lunches I have had this month. 

WTH? I am not a lunch guy either. I had a peanut butter granola biscuit and 2 orange's 

4 minutes ago, AztecPadre said:

No love for Andre Ward?

I like ward I think he is way over rated. I think if anything his last fight was a draw. If he fights Kovalev the same way he did last time he will lose. His bread and butter is his jab and he has great foot work. He chose to bang with Kovalev last time. it worked because Kovalev punched himself out. He got tired. I don't think Kovalev will waste a lot of punches this time. Really this fight should be easy for Ward. Im betting that way so it better be.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, thc6795 said:

Mikey should beat Broner, but i don't think he'll hurt him.  

Loma is a good fighter but I think Mikey's jab followed by the right would give Loma problems.  I think Mikey would wear him out and blitz him in the middle rounds IMO

Crawford is a 140 pound fighter.  That fight would be at 140 but in two years at the earliest IMO( Crawford might go up for money during that time).  You don't go up in weight and fight the best in that division before some tune up fights. Mikey would have to fight a guy like Postol or Julius Indongo

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, steeler01 said:

Mikey should beat Broner, but i don't think he'll hurt him.  

Loma is a good fighter but I think Mikey's jab followed by the right would give Loma problems.  I think Mikey would wear him out and blitz him in the middle rounds IMO

Crawford is a 140 pound fighter.  That fight would be at 140 but in two years at the earliest IMO( Crawford might go up for money during that time).  You don't go up in weight and fight the best in that division before some tune up fights. Mikey would have to fight a guy like Postol or Julius Indongo

I think Crawford is about done at 140. He is tall man I bet making 140 is getting tough. I doubt he fights again at 140 if he does its only to take all the belts. Indongo. He needs to chill that shit calling out pack. He gains nothing by beating him. And beat him he will. So what?

3 minutes ago, thc6795 said:

I think Crawford is about done at 140. He is tall man I bet making 140 is getting tough. I doubt he fights again at 140 if he does its only to take all the belts. Indongo. He needs to chill that shit calling out pack. He gains nothing by beating him. And beat him he will. So what?

Crawford has never had trouble making weight at 140 as far as I've heard. He's only going to go up weight to chase money, like every other fighter before him(Eventually they go up to much and get taken out)

Mikey would have to have a fight at 140 against a good fighter before facing Crawford or any other elite guy at that weight, and Indogno is that type of opponent.

4 minutes ago, steeler01 said:

Crawford has never had trouble making weight at 140 as far as I've heard. He's only going to go up weight to chase money, like every other fighter before him(Eventually they go up to much and get taken out)

Mikey would have to have a fight at 140 against a good fighter before facing Crawford or any other elite guy at that weight, and Indogno is that type of opponent.

Crawford weighed in at 140 and fought at 153. 13 pounds in one day tells me all I need to know. Yes I know a lot is water weight. But as he gets older making 140 isn't happening. I agree he doesn't need to go past super welterweight 154.

I agree Mikey needs to get a solid couple of fights under his belt before he fights anyone at 140. I don't think Mikey can carry 147. That's why I don't think we will ever see Mikey vs Crawford.  Unless they fight within a yr. That's not happening.