OT: Terrance Crawford

954gator

38 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

@954gator yeahhhhh he's probably the best right now. I think he should move up to 147 where the real fun is at.

Would love to see Spence vs Crawford

I think Crawford would have lots of trouble with the top 147(Porter, Thurman and Spence)fighters. They're bigger physically, and have enough speed to give him lots of trouble. Not to mention, it would be the first time he'd be hit by a real welterweight.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, steeler01 said:

I think Crawford would have lots of trouble with the top 147(Porter, Thurman and Spence)fighters. They're bigger physically, and have enough speed to give him lots of trouble. Not to mention, it would be the first time he'd be hit by a real welterweight.

Maybe so but Crawford has a pretty solid chin man.  The dude he fought today was 161lbs.  Crawford really does have all the tools.  Power, speed, movement, precision, and most importantly he's one of the smartest fighters I've seen in the ring.  

He's like Iceman, he fights ice cold, no mistakes. He wears you down, you get bored, frustrated, do something stupid and he's got ya

• Like 4

1 minute ago, 954gator said:

That's right!  He is dangerous!  Them boys in the welterweight division better enjoy their reign while they got time.  There won't be any hard deck for them to hide under when he decides to move up!

Awesome that you snuck in "hard deck"!

IMG_1194.GIF

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 954gator said:

Maybe so but Crawford has a pretty solid chin man.  The dude he fought today was 161

The guy was 5'5 though. Which means he was fighting way to heavy for his frame. 

Thurman is 5'7 1/2

Errol Spence is 5'9 and I think would beat Crawford if they fought due to the size difference(Jab Crawford like Winky did to Moseley). 

Crawford is an elite fighter, but once you go up to much weight, your power is useless and you end up having to become a cautious fighter. I think Crawford is at the threshold of the weight he can hurt fighters with his power.  He goes up more and it'll be throw one punch and move for him to win. 

• Like 2

My youngest (7th grade) just watched Top Gun for the first time last week. She recognized Kansas City Barbecue from our many trips to the Gaslamp and Petco for G-men and Pads games. 

We usually can see Miramar when we fly in. Of course it's now MCAS Miramar (Marines) and "fighter town" has moved to Fallon in Nevada, but still reminds me of Top Gun as we fly over.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, steeler01 said:

The guy was 5'5 though. Which means he was fighting way to heavy for his frame. 

Thurman is 5'7 1/2

Errol Spence is 5'9 and I think would beat Crawford if they fought due to the size difference(Jab Crawford like Winky did to Moseley). 

Crawford is an elite fighter, but once you go up to much weight, your power is useless and you end up having to become a cautious fighter. I think Crawford is at the threshold of the weight he can hurt fighters with his power.  He goes up more and it'll be throw one punch and move for him to win. 

Check his height/reach again.   Pretty sure he's 5'8 with a 70 inch reach.   Which, yes is a bit less than Spence (5'9 1/2 w/ 72 inch), but I like Crawford to do well at Welter.   I'm not saying it won't be more challenging or that he'll be unbeatable (no one is), but I think he's got the game to take on that division.    

2 minutes ago, 954gator said:

Check his height/reach again.   Pretty sure he's 5'8 with a 70 inch reach.   Which, yes is a bit less than Spence (5'9 1/2 w/ 72 inch), but I like Crawford to do well at Welter.   I'm not saying it won't be more challenging or that he'll be unbeatable (no one is), but I think he's got the game to take on that division.    

Crawford is 5'8

Diaz is 5'5 and was the guy weighing 161 today

• Like 1

So yeah just realized what you meant steeler, that his opponent was short.   Yes, that's true, but that guy was thick and big.   I expected Crawford to out box him all night, I didn't expect him to hurt him like he did.  

Not often do we get to see guys excelling at the technical level he does able to pack that type of power (at those lower mid weight classes).   He hurts people in such a safe and calculated way, and doesn't need to get too aggressive to end fights (while also not being just a counter ko type guy).

20 minutes ago, Cossacks said:

My youngest (7th grade) just watched Top Gun for the first time last week. She recognized Kansas City Barbecue from our many trips to the Gaslamp and Petco for G-men and Pads games. 

We usually can see Miramar when we fly in. Of course it's now MCAS Miramar (Marines) and "fighter town" has moved to Fallon in Nevada, but still reminds me of Top Gun as we fly over.

I could probably go a whole day using only top gun quotes haha.

• Like 1

I'd much rather watch Crawford vs the top welters, than watch him stale out where he is.   If he wants to be great , which I think he does he'll go for it.  There's no where else to go.   I agree he should avoid some of the "welterweights" that walk around at 180 though obviously.    

8 minutes ago, 954gator said:

I'd much rather watch Crawford vs the top welters, than watch him stale out where he is.   If he wants to be great , which I think he does he'll go for it.  There's no where else to go.   I agree he should avoid some of the "welterweights" that walk around at 180 though obviously.    

I think we'll see them, but I think the fights will be boring. I think you'll see a very different Crawford if he fights Spence/Thurman(Very cautious and lost especially against Spence). The best fight would be Porter(Action wise)

• Like 1

8 hours ago, steeler01 said:

I think we'll see them, but I think the fights will be boring. I think you'll see a very different Crawford if he fights Spence/Thurman(Very cautious and lost especially against Spence). The best fight would be Porter(Action wise)

Yeah, unfortunately they tend to always get this way.  The positive I see is Craford can still really get some good powerful hits when playing the defensive.   I think he can out point the stronger slower fighter and hurt the longer slender/faster fighters.