RIP USA Academy

Severino

Just now, CODBEARD said:

Royalty School Institute

959723676_Screenshot2020-04-20at5_10_08PM.png.a5809869b454365d7bbe99fd3a97f4b2.png

Based on this commercial, looks like they repainted the curb out front, maybe that's what they do in lieu of rent.

They do 3 days of class a week then send their students on "internships" the rest of the time which sound more like indebted servitude since I think the school gets paid for the work the students do since they offer "work-study" programs to reduce the cost of tuition.

Also, they don't have graduations: "There is not a graduation at our institute. Our young men take place in a “Coming of Age” ceremony in which we celebrate the time that we have all spent together and the fact that they are now going into the real world. Graduations, in my opinion are too much pomp and circumstance and not enough meat and potatoes." This makes me wonder if there's some loophole where they're not technically a school and don't have to be state certified if they don't have graduates or something.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, CODBEARD said:

Whats your problem?  #bingoplayersarepeopletoo  #barbersarepeopletoo

Simple concept.. The barber students practice on the bingo players...lol

Old man playing bingo Stock Photos - Page 1 : Masterfile

Hahahaha, the whole “bullshit” schools that propped up with bullshit cuz “somebody” has a vision. 

Freedom of choice is one thing, being stupid is another. 

bgw

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, CODBEARD said:

I am still trying to figure out what the hell any of this means.  Particularly the last part in bold. I get he dropped out of college and now he is doing something for these kids but I can't figure out exactly what that is but apparently it's worth 6k a year..

Are you “Certified” to run a school?

No, I am not a certified administrator in the state of Maryland. And I believe that is what makes us special. I am an educator who has been on the front lines of developing young men since I left college. I have been in the classrooms, the weight room, the parks and parking lots with the young men to serve. I am in no way a certified administrator and frankly, I have no desire to be one… my goal is for the education of these young men to be driven by the needs of the young men… not the latest “trend” or mandate… and that is no disrespect to people who are these things… this is just the life experiences to never want to be that thing.

Sounds like a fucking wannabe cult leader......

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

In relevant news, WCAC power DeMatha Catholic is hosting Bishop Sycamore of Columbus, Ohio on 8/28!

@Severino 

What do they have, two players?  Including the coach's kid, who doesn't even want to play football?  By next Fall it will be crunch time with the bank fraud case.  Sad!

Just now, CODBEARD said:

Give up your worldly possessions and ideals of what school is..  

"Come paint curbs with us" at The Institute

1128594226_Screenshot2020-04-20at8_49_02PM.png.04f17de0dd4bd6c4f7ba2ee40c561c36.png

Definitely maybe a cult, I didn't see any students at the homecoming dance at the end either. Love the fact that there's at least 3 different unis, the "Royalty" on one kids' jersey is coming off despite this being their first year in existence and one kid is randomly wearing purple pants.

From their website.  Coming of age?  Seriously?

“Lastly, after transcript analysis we provide every student with a “path to graduation” document so that you know exactly what you need to complete in order to receive your academic diploma and participate in the “Coming of Age” ceremony (our form of graduation). Students Academic requirements are based in the NCAA eligibility center standards and are fully accredited in the NCAA clearinghouse.”

The thing that gets me with the DC charter schools is they're legit schools but they change names every few years. I'll find a new school every time I do the schedules and it turns out it was just a name change for whatever reason.

Royalty had 18 players last year and I can't imagine anyone not on the team going to the school. I doubt they all paid $6k so let's say it was $5k on average (probably on the high end). That's $90k of which $54k immediately goes to NFC. So he's got $36k to make salary, fund the football progam and pay rent (if they do that), plus whatever his slav... I mean "experiential learners" pull in at Mickey D's or slingin' M&M's on the curbside.

CCA under Cornell Wade made national news for making all of their players kneel for the national anthem. I'm surprised they got out of Cumberland alive after they pulled that against Fort Hill. I know doing that cost him at least one guarantee game at Royalty versus a southern school last year.

• Thanks 1

I support players' right to kneel for the anthem. HOWEVER, a coach requiring kids to kneel is utter bullshit. 

Can we get a separate thread for these academies? I'll bump an old one I made. I've been skipping over the posts not related to USAA, missing the fact that there are other scum operations being discussed that I need to discuss.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, eaglesinsider said:

The thing that gets me with the DC charter schools is they're legit schools but they change names every few years. I'll find a new school every time I do the schedules and it turns out it was just a name change for whatever reason.

Royalty had 18 players last year and I can't imagine anyone not on the team going to the school. I doubt they all paid $6k so let's say it was $5k on average (probably on the high end). That's $90k of which $54k immediately goes to NFC. So he's got $36k to make salary, fund the football progam and pay rent (if they do that), plus whatever his slav... I mean "experiential learners" pull in at Mickey D's or slingin' M&M's on the curbside.

CCA under Cornell Wade made national news for making all of their players kneel for the national anthem. I'm surprised they got out of Cumberland alive after they pulled that against Fort Hill. I know doing that cost him at least one guarantee game at Royalty versus a southern school last year.

Gotta love it when a coach pushes his political ideology on a bunch of teenage kids! 

Disappointed, but not surprised!

18 hours ago, eaglesinsider said:

Which one, Royalty?

No, USA Academy.  Supposedly there are 80 ballers due to arrive this week.  Where's the school?

Is it true that Dusty Devaughn has abandoned this get-rich-quick scheme in pursuit of PPP gubment money?  And that he's left Kenyatta Watson holding the bag?  And all the kids are screwed?

Did Kenyatta Watson really talk 80 kids into dropping out of school for some place he's never laid eyes on?  And charge them for it?  He's all about the kids, not the money, right?

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, Severino said:

No, USA Academy.  Supposedly there are 80 ballers due to arrive this week.  Where's the school?

Is it true that Dusty Devaughn has abandoned this get-rich-quick scheme in pursuit of PPP gubment money?  And that he's left Kenyatta Watson holding the bag?  And all the kids are screwed?

Did Kenyatta Watson really talk 80 kids into dropping out of school for some place he's never laid eyes on?  And charge them for it?  He's all about the kids, not the money, right?

We’ll defer to the plumper of privates, aka GSB, on this one.

He seems to have the inside track, what with his daily updates and all.

• Haha 3

• 1 year later...
On 4/27/2020 at 7:53 PM, Severino said:

Supposedly there are 80 ballers due to arrive this week.  Where's the school?

Who knew?

• Haha 1

On 4/20/2020 at 3:41 PM, eaglesinsider said:

Are you “Certified” to run a school?

No, I am not a certified administrator in the state of Maryland. And I believe that is what makes us special.

This is so absurd that it would be impossible to parody. 

He's the Tiger King of education. 

• Haha 3

On 4/27/2020 at 10:54 PM, Wosinc said:

We’ll defer to the plumper of privates, aka GSB, on this one.

He seems to have the inside track, what with his daily updates and all.

The last I heard GSB was suing DD. 

The poor guy got duped. I guess he was too busy defending DD and keeping us apprised to see what was really going on. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Belly Bob said:

Then why'd you say were suing him?

We know you had your old posts removed, but the evidence is still there in other people's posts who quoted you.

So are you lying now or were you lying then?

I said many were suing him. He only got me for a $100 donation. I'll spend that for breakfast this morning. I'm good. 

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

More fake news. I'm not the suing type. I get revenge in more satisying ways. 

The people who use the term fake news the most are the ones who are the biggest liars and cheats.

Yeah, you get so much revenge while cupping their balls and stroking their shaft until the scheme goes bust

If you know what I mean.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Atticus Finch said:

The people who use the term fake news the most are the ones who are the biggest liars and cheats.

Yeah, you get so much revenge while cupping their balls and stroking their shaft until the scheme goes bust

If you know what I mean.

Anyone that will make a crowd size 10,000 when it was over 3,000 to help promote one of his project teams is probably not a guy to trust on much..

Simple lies, complicated lies, BS lies, dark lies, bragging lies.......he has the total package.