Rush interviewed today

Ga96

6 hours ago, JCGIII said:

I'll give him a mulligan in the Walton game. Lot of  cheesy/questionable calls in the last 42 seconds of that one. Milton simply  outplayed CC. Beat the shit out Cardinal Gibbons, who went on to win Florida's  5A in a waltz.

I was referring to the north gwinnett game, not walton. I lost some loot on that one, as I was sure NG would be outcoached by the guru. After NG showed zero ability to adjust against Marietta, I thought cc would win big because rush would have a game plan to take advantage of that. The cc people blamed it on the OC. Then the 12 man b2b penalties. The cc people blamed it on other coaches. Always somebody else’s fault when issues happened, but all credit to the HC when it went well. 😂 

The milton game and cc’s insistence on throwing the ball was baffling, especially when they had success in running it up the gut. The throwing in the red zone seemed to be trying to hard to be cute. I understand mixing it up, but in the first quarter there was no doubt cc was stronger up front and it appeared that they could’ve worn them down. I don’t know. Odd. Then the class they showed afterward. Well, turns out that wasn’t the HCs fault either. 

I just think that cc should’ve beaten both NG and milton handily after watching a few games of each prior to the title games. Nobody I talked to said any different. The impotence offensively was baffling to me, as both of those defenses had given up more points to much lesser competition. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, CCBlackhatter said:

You can't expect Sweetcheeks to be objective on anything.

Whereas you can be? Pot, meet kettle. 

I have zero problem saying your savior is a helluva football mind. He is. I’d love to have seen him at a higher level, but we all know why it ain’t happening. He isn’t, however above reproach like you and many of your brethren seem to think. You’d cut your own finger off before placing any blame with your boy. It’s wild how defensive you are of him. 

As far as Coach Morgan goes, I can assure you I have questioned countless decisions he’d made. Many before the play commenced because I knew what was coming. Sometimes it worked, sometimes it didn’t. But if I feel he’s wrong I have no problem saying it. The next time I see you say anything questioning your avatar would be the first. 

Now what were you saying about being objective? 

51 minutes ago, Sweetlarry said:

Whereas you can be? Pot, meet kettle. 

I have zero problem saying your savior is a helluva football mind. He is. I’d love to have seen him at a higher level, but we all know why it ain’t happening. He isn’t, however above reproach like you and many of your brethren seem to think. You’d cut your own finger off before placing any blame with your boy. It’s wild how defensive you are of him. 

As far as Coach Morgan goes, I can assure you I have questioned countless decisions he’d made. Many before the play commenced because I knew what was coming. Sometimes it worked, sometimes it didn’t. But if I feel he’s wrong I have no problem saying it. The next time I see you say anything questioning your avatar would be the first. 

Now what were you saying about being objective? 

I've been critical of certain decisions made by he and the coaching staff before. You're just new to the party with the new found success of your assembled dream team.

Coaching in college doesn't make him any more or less of a coach. Winning in HSFB is more challenging than coaching a bunch of recruited up high profile athletes anyways, especially when you consider the success he had against teams with more talented rosters. Do you think it would have taken Rush 4 years to finally win a championship with that assembled dream team in Marietta like it did Morgan? Be honest Sweetcheeks.

3 hours ago, Sweetlarry said:

I was referring to the north gwinnett game, not walton. I lost some loot on that one, as I was sure NG would be outcoached by the guru. After NG showed zero ability to adjust against Marietta, I thought cc would win big because rush would have a game plan to take advantage of that. The cc people blamed it on the OC. Then the 12 man b2b penalties. The cc people blamed it on other coaches. Always somebody else’s fault when issues happened, but all credit to the HC when it went well. 😂 

The milton game and cc’s insistence on throwing the ball was baffling, especially when they had success in running it up the gut. The throwing in the red zone seemed to be trying to hard to be cute. I understand mixing it up, but in the first quarter there was no doubt cc was stronger up front and it appeared that they could’ve worn them down. I don’t know. Odd. Then the class they showed afterward. Well, turns out that wasn’t the HCs fault either. 

I just think that cc should’ve beaten both NG and milton handily after watching a few games of each prior to the title games. Nobody I talked to said any different. The impotence offensively was baffling to me, as both of those defenses had given up more points to much lesser competition. 

I meant to say  NG. Was thinking of Dominick Blaylock and got all mixed up. 

2 hours ago, CCBlackhatter said:

I've been critical of certain decisions made by he and the coaching staff before. You're just new to the party with the new found success of your assembled dream team.

Coaching in college doesn't make him any more or less of a coach. Winning in HSFB is more challenging than coaching a bunch of recruited up high profile athletes anyways, especially when you consider the success he had against teams with more talented rosters. Do you think it would have taken Rush 4 years to finally win a championship with that assembled dream team in Marietta like it did Morgan? Be honest Sweetcheeks.

Got a feeling we're about to find out.

3 hours ago, CCBlackhatter said:

Winning in HSFB is more challenging than coaching a bunch of recruited up high profile athletes anyways, especially when you consider the success he had against teams with more talented rosters.

No it's not.

Winning is also highly predicated on who's standing on the other side of the field. In high school, it's usually slapdicks. In college, there are fewer slapdicks.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CCBlackhatter said:

Don’t know? Too many variables to answer honestly. Maybe he never wins one. 🤷‍♂️ 

It takes a lot more than talent to win a title. A lot of luck is involved. North Gwinnett lucked out that cc couldn’t count to 12. It happens. 

Don’t get it twisted. I think rush is a helluva football mind. I’d say he’s done a lot for his players. But all these mother fuckers trying to pass him off as good people are full of shit. 

I’ve asked many of his defenders what they’d think of him if it were there daughter or sister that was his first family and he did them like that. Would you lap up his milk still? 

crickets