Have we done covers yet?

Belly Bob

1 hour ago, CODBEARD said:

I actually like this better than the original.. actually I hated this song when it was out lol.. I like now

https://mikemasse.com/africa-toto/

HOW “AFRICA” CHANGED EVERYTHING

by Mike Massé

I never would have predicted that someday the song people would most associate with me would be “Africa” by Toto.  Probably 90% of my fans have discovered me because of the YouTube video of my acoustic rendition with Jeff Hall, performed at the Pie Pizzeria in South Jordan, Utah, on August 7, 2010.  And to think that it almost didn’t happen, and that I almost didn’t post it at all….

click link for rest of the story.. pretty interesting

Idk how many of you know about Weezer, but they did an album of nothing but covers last year. 

Africa is one of the songs...

They covered Aha's Take On Me...

Rosanna...

They covered Michael Jackson's  Billie Jean...

Black Sabbath Paranoid...

I enjoyed pretty much that entire album by Weezer. It was all started by a young girl twitter trolling them to cover Africa. They put out Rosanna to troll her back, and then a few days later released their Africa cover. All pretty interesting how it came about. 

On 4/16/2020 at 1:37 PM, Hardcore Troubador said:

Not a cover in the traditional sense but he does use some songs that aren’t his - Martin Garrix did a “show” on his balcony in Amsterdam recently.  Just got done listening to it while doing some work:

[...]

EDM? (I don't even know whether that's the right word to use.) I didn't expect that.

I'm gonna have to update my psychological profile on you. 

• Haha 1