All Time USA Today Final Top 25: DeMatha is Second

BigDrop

7 hours ago, LOSer said:

In what poll were they ranked at the end of the 2015 season?

You're just pulling stuff straight out of your ass now.

http://vype.com/nationalhsfootball/2015/12/22/katy-claims-media-top-25-title/

You're seriously pushing that 1-point win over a second round loser over a running  clock over a state champion.

What a clown.

You know damn well where AHP finished ranked in 2015 and 2013 and who ranked them. Your whole argument is a mess. You're dancing all over the place on this one. Keep dancing. I'm done watching. 

2 minutes ago, NicholasMalibu said:

You know damn well where AHP finished ranked in 2015 and 2013 and who ranked them. Your whole argument is a mess. You're dancing all over the place on this one. Keep dancing. I'm done watching. 

It's frustrating debating stupid people with agendas.

American Heritage wins a state championship in 2014 with a running clock playing a tougher schedule but the 2015 team was better because?

They played DeMatha apparently.

I link a composite poll showing no American Heritage in the top 25 and you respond with something cryptic.

FWIW:  DeMatha beat St. John's twice.

St. John's beat Pittsburgh Central Catholic, 35-14, who next week play for the Pennsylvania state championship.  Excepting the loss to St. John's, Central Catholic is 14-0 and has outscored it's opponents 720-179.  Their championship game is against Philly St. Joseph's Prep at Hersheypark.

St. John's beat St. Joseph's Regional, 21-10, who are New Jersey Section 3 champions and ranked #1 in NJ.

DeMatha beat Oscar Smith 42-7, who next week play for the Virginia state championship.

DeMatha beat Westfield (34-0 in last scrimmage) who next week play for the Virginia state championship (yes, against Oscar Smith).

14 hours ago, LOSer said:

It's frustrating debating stupid people with agendas.

American Heritage wins a state championship in 2014 with a running clock playing a tougher schedule but the 2015 team was better because?

They played DeMatha apparently.

I link a composite poll showing no American Heritage in the top 25 and you respond with something cryptic.

You posted a top 25 poll because you're stuck in a corner with nowhere to go. Nobody said top 25. We are talking about DeMatha's top 100 wins last season. If you want to talk about their top 25 wins from your link then #9 DeMatha beat #16 Miami Central 38-14. 

Have fun pushing 2014 AHP's resume with three losses and a championship win over Godby. 

2 hours ago, NicholasMalibu said:

Have fun pushing 2014 AHP's resume with three losses and a championship win over Godby. 

Yeah they had 3 losses because they played STA. If they hadn't they would have had 2 losses. Just like they did in 2015. As if that's a huge difference anyway.

Go look at their schedule in 2014. Much tougher than 2015. They played STA, Apopka, Bolles, Mainland, American Heritage Delray, Miramar, Bishop Moore.

Who'd they play in 2015? DeMatha and Hallandale (twice)?

On 12/1/2016 at 9:10 AM, GardenStateBaller said:

From 2000-2011 DBP went 134-6. Those numbers will never ever be matched again by any BNU team. Also to note, the year DMC got blasted by SJR (2013), a 7-4 DBP team (who was thrashed by MC) beat SJR. Really hope the BNU, WCAC and Philly Catholics start crossing over more. 

Your post inspired me to compare Don Bosco's fantastic 134-6 11 year record to De La Salle.  They were 151-0 for twelve years.  What few people realize is that they were 95-5 for the eight years before this.  That's 246-5 for a twenty year run.  And, since that they are are 164-14 for the 13 years since.  

Literally one third of a Century and a record of 410-19.

This led me to J. T. Curtis where I believe he has 561 victories and over a .900% winning percentage.  Mike Smith at Hampton, VA is over 450 wins with under 100 losses.

De La Salle was 148-11 from 2000-2011. (134-6 playing a national schedule is that much more incredible for Bosco.)

Kind of devalues a team with two losses in one year.

On 11/30/2016 at 9:05 PM, BigDrop said:

Sometimes it is not just about being in the top 25 for one year or two; it is about the consistency of a program over 25, 30 or more years.  USA Today started their high school football rankings in 1982 with Moeller the first national champion.  Over the last 34 years De La Salle has won more championships, finished in the final top 25 more than anyone.

DeMatha is #2.

USA Today Final Ranking

1984 17 (10-0)
1986 6 (10-0) 
1998 13 (12-0)
2001 21 (11-0)
2003 14 (12-0)
2004 20
2005 14
2006 10 (12-0)
2015 12
2016 6 (12-0) (DeMatha's season is complete; final poll has not been released yet.)

Total of seven undefeated seasons.  Total of ten final USA Today rankings (assuming this year). There have been a number of other seasons where DeMatha was in the top 50 but I am only including the top 25 season ending polls.

Couldn't resist the hyperbole....

WE'RE NUMBER TWO, WE'RE NUMBER TWO!!!

On 12/1/2016 at 1:18 PM, NicholasMalibu said:

Yea overrated DC Catholic schools with wins against IMG, Manatee, Miami Central, and AHP when they were all nationally ranked. Makes no sense.

And how many MILLIONS in population, do they draw from?