One Month in COVID-19 Time: Feb 26/Mar 26

15yds4gibberish

Just now, Horsefly said:

Trump never said it was an aspirational projection.  That’s not in his vocabulary. 

but onto the real milestones!  I’m sure you’ll be joining me in congratulating the House for passing this much needed bill to our hurting countrymen. Everything is not about djt and his feelings and sensibilities .

You mean the one the Cons had ready on Sunday? yeah great job whats a week when you're unemployed? 

Just now, thc6795 said:

You mean the one the Cons had ready on Sunday? yeah great job whats a week when you're unemployed? 

The big pic is relief is on its way. 

lesson learned,  it was probably best to include both parties at the beginning in drafting such a huge bill.  

3 minutes ago, CODBEARD said:

He shouldn't have to. Anyone with any common sense could see what he was saying was being hopeful.  

We just had his surgeon general say this will be the worst week to this point and to practice safe measures.  His message should have endorsed that thought, not the confused word salad he produced.  Don’t forget he put out this convoluted nonsense 

WE CANNOT LET THE CURE BE WORSE THAN THE PROBLEM ITSELF. AT THE END OF THE 15 DAY PERIOD, WE WILL MAKE A DECISION AS TO WHICH WAY WE WANT TO GO!

He’s a bad communicator, one of the worst I’ve seen from a professional at that level.  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, concha said:

Unemployment is better. (U3)  Dropped much faster than the 12+ months prior to inauguration to record low and natural unemployment territory now.

"Natural" unemployment is considered to start around 4.5% so we were in "natural" unemployment territory the moment Trump took the oath.

But Trump inherited a "weak" economy.

🤡

17 minutes ago, thc6795 said:

He NEVER said he didn’t. I don’t care what the never Trump media told you. 

He was damned if he did or didn’t. If he did force companies to do it. You all would have bitched how heavy handed he was being. 

You fucks have a story ready for which ever ways he goes. He does this you bitch he does that you bitch.

2 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

We just had his surgeon general say this will be the worst week to this point and to practice safe measures.  His message should have endorsed that thought, not the confused word salad he produced.  Don’t forget he put out this convoluted nonsense 

WE CANNOT LET THE CURE BE WORSE THAN THE PROBLEM ITSELF. AT THE END OF THE 15 DAY PERIOD, WE WILL MAKE A DECISION AS TO WHICH WAY WE WANT TO GO!

He’s a bad communicator, one of the worst I’ve seen from a professional at that level.  

We CANT bell.What dont you get? Nevermind doom in gloom fits your agenda.

20 minutes ago, concha said:

You are a fool, Andy.

A total fool.

I love it when you get enraged at being exposed.

Let me keep reminding you of your track record of lies here:

• "accelerated drop in black unemployment under Trump"
  • "LFPR fell sharply among 25-54"
  • "LFPR fell the most among 25-54"
  • "LFPR caused Obama's unemployment rate to look better than it was"
  • "Unemployment rate actually increased before Trump took over"

34 minutes ago, The Guru said:

I love this graph too because it illustrates a simple point that people like concha either don't understand of purposefully ignore.

averageannualgrowth-1.png

Notice the trend line? Annual growth between 2% and 3% is the new normal at least for the time being.

Trump spent a trillion dollars and averaged 2.5% and this was after promising 4%, 5% and even 6% growth.

It was a bullshit lie when he said it and it's a lie now when concha claims that growth like that should be expected.

Trumps economic numbers have exposed concha, once again, as an economic buffoon.

1)  Then perhaps we should be thrilled that Trump has done so well that the trend line might actually be reversing?

2)  Oh shit!  Andy is LYING!  Trump did not "promise" 4% or 5% or 6% growth. He simply said he thought it might be possible to get there. Andy is a LAIR!!!!  [See how this works, Andy?]

3) When did i claim 4% to 6% growth should be expected?  Are you LYING, Andy?  AGAIN???

4)  By virtually any measure Trump's economic numbers are better than what he was handed.  Only in Andyland could that be twisted to someone pointing them out as being "exposed" and "a buffoon".  

Andy, you are laughable.

GDP growth...better

Unemployment... better (record lows!)

Employment... +6.6M

Underemployment... better

LFPR.... actually increasing

Real wages for low income earners... actually growing faster than for higher earners....

And Andy thinks he's winning the argument...  It's hilarious.  You can't write this stuff.

Steve-Carell-Laughs-In-Dinner-for-Schmuc

1 minute ago, The Guru said:

I love it when you get enraged at being exposed.

Let me keep reminding you of your track record of lies here:

• "accelerated drop in black unemployment under Trump"
  • "LFPR fell sharply among 25-54"
  • "LFPR fell the most among 25-54"
  • "LFPR caused Obama's unemployment rate to look better than it was"
  • "Unemployment rate actually increased before Trump took over"

Again, Andy...

Calling someone a liar when you post lies about what you are accusing them of lying about is not a good look.

Hope this helps.

👍

But nice try at deflection.  🤣

3 minutes ago, concha said:

1)  Then perhaps we should be thrilled that Trump has done so well that the trend line might actually be reversing?

The projected GDP growth in 2020 (before the crash) was 2.0% which puts his 4 years in practically the same 2.3% range as Obama's last 4 years.

So, no, the trend is not reversing.

But nice try.

7 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Why are you bringing up the unrelated impeachment?  

Let’s see Bell, you brought up how the Cons should have worked with the rats from the beginning, during the stimulus bill. I pointed out in agreement that the Rats should have worked with the cons from the beginning, during the Dems bullshit impeachment attempt. You can figure it out I’m sure. 

4 minutes ago, thc6795 said:

Thats what the media tells you.

That’s the thing, I don’t need the media to interpret this for me.  👇notice he says we will make a decision in which way we WANT to go, not NEED to go.  In an emergency desires shouldn’t be a factor as much as necessity.  Words matter...

14 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

4 minutes ago, The Guru said:

concha said weak was my word.

I then showed him using the word weak to describe the economy Trump inherited.

So a fact that nobody has to believe because it's ironclad.

Andy about to be caught lying.

Again.

I said "weak" about the 2016 economy.

We were discussing the below in the context of his latest lie, NOT just 2016.  What a shameless LIAR Andy is!!!

51 minutes ago, The Guru said:

And 2.3% in just his second term.

It was 2.5% in Trump's three years.

One is "weak" and other is "prospering."

This is precisely why you're labeled a liar.

You use bullshit stats and then when exposed on it you try to wiggle out by nibbling around the margins to claim that economies that were practically the same or simply inherited were "weak" and "prospering."

1 minute ago, Horsefly said:

That’s the thing, I don’t need the media to interpret this for me.  👇notice he says we will make a decision in which way we WANT to go, not NEED to go.  Words matter ... 

ok bell, you hang your hat on that. Like I said you always need something to bitch about. 

7 minutes ago, The Guru said:

The projected GDP growth in 2020 (before the crash) was 2.0% which puts his 4 years in practically the same 2.3% range as Obama's last 4 years.

So, no, the trend is not reversing.

But nice try.

So know we're using projections as fact?

We'll never know now given the global pandemic, but you aren't using FACTS, Andy. 🤡

8 minutes ago, concha said:

2)  Oh shit!  Andy is LYING!  Trump did not "promise" 4% or 5% or 6% growth. He simply said he thought it might be possible to get there. Andy is a LAIR!!!!  [See how this works, Andy?]

Trump predicts GDP growth could soon 'be in the 5s'

"We anticipate this next quarter to be, this is just an estimate, but already they’re saying it could be in the fives," Trump said — meaning GDP growth would top 5 percent.

Trump Claims Credit for an Economy He Calls the ‘Envy of the Entire World’

“As the trade deals come in, one by one, we’re going to go a lot higher than these numbers.”

Donald Trump’s promise of 4 percent economic growth a year did not happen in 2017

"We're bringing it (the GDP) from 1 percent up to 4 percent. And I actually think we can go higher than 4 percent. I think you can go to 5 percent or 6 percent," Trump said at an Oct. 19, 2016, presidential debate in Las Vegas.

Yes, It is easy, concha, when you don't know what you're talking about which is where you find yourself most often.