Top Teams for 2017 Season

lancer3622

For GA:

Grayson 

Colquitt will be back they actually have a very loaded 2018,2019 and possibly 2020 class. 

Roswell 

Cartersville has another 5* QB named Tee Webb  right behind their current 5* QB Trevor Lawrence. and a few 3 and 4* Athletes. 

Lowndes has talent as well. 

And this may be odd. But expect to hear something out of Norcross next year.

11 minutes ago, Ararar said:

Mater Dei returns QB and all of the offensive line

MD should be loaded next year and maybe preseason #1. Before this season started people were saying that MD would be good this year but still a year away from greatness. They happen to be ahead of schedule. Next year they return I believe 10 starters on offense and have many young studs waiting their turn. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Although DePaul has 20 starters returning, I could never put them preseason #1 in NJ due to their inferior coaching. That being said, I'd have to project BC as NJs #1 team based on returning playmakers on both sides of the ball. I know some here question Nunz's coaching acumen, but he's still much better than what DP offers. 

My very early top 6:

BC

DP

DBP

SJR

SPP

PC

Depaul at 2? 

I question their depth. They competed very well in first half of games this year than we're outmanned in second half. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, lancer3622 said:

AzJimbo, what about AZ schools?

I'll do some research and get back to you. I know Saguaro was a heavily senior laden team but usually always has a good team. Chandler has won 2 of last 3 big school titles. Hamilton had a big time down year this year and their dominance in Az seems to be a distant memory. Centennial in 5A should once again compete for state title with a load of kids back.

In texas at the top of my head:

allen ( still playing 13-0)  - return a ton.  At least 8 starters/contributors on defense and 11 on offense. (allen platoons a lot)  2019 class is suppose to be special.   6 of Allens kids selected to play on the (2019 class) game vs GA.

sachse (11-1)  - return top end talent - QB, WR, CB... All 4*****

judson (9-3)  - played/started 8 sophomores this season.  Return 4 yr QB

houston lamar (10-2)  - most top end talent in TX for 2018 class (to date).  5 players in top 100 in TX

desoto (still playing 13-0) - see above

5 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

I know, I know. I too question their depth each season. Yet they compete and play hard for 48 mins per game. 

BNU opponents MOV in losses this year:

PC 7

SPP 12

BC 14

DBP 14

SJR 17

And they played mostly juniors and sophs. It's a reach, but I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt for now. Their staff should treat Saturday night as the start of the 2017 season! 

Bosco qb next year? The freshman from this year?

On paper, DeMatha will be better in 2017. They return 14 starters. Defensively they lose 2 DL's, 1 LB, and 1 FS. They have a few hyped up underclassmen with offers that need to prove themselves next year, but they should be impressive on D. Offensively they return 2/3 RB's, 3/5 OL's, 3/4 Wr's and the TE. Straight up, the QB English(Air Force) carried this 2016 team on his back in a few games so the new kid will have big shoes to fill. He's 6'4 200 lbs. with a big arm so he'll at very least look the part. DM has a few UA/Army All American game type kids in the 9th and 10th grade right now. There is no reason DM shouldn't start in the Top 5 nationally next season. I expect a pretty ballsy OOS schedule out of them similar to 2015 when they played Miami Central, American Heritage Plantation, and LaSalle before WCAC play. Basically, DM will piss Los off for the third(maybe longer) year in a row...

For MD/DC... DeMatha(WCAC-DC) will be the clear #1. St. John's(WCAC-DC) and St. Frances(MIAA-Baltimore) will hit the transfer market hard this off season. I expect them to be Top 100 teams next season. McDonogh(MIAA) and Good Counsel(WCAC-DC) should be better next year, just not sure how much better. Gilman(MIAA-Baltimore) will have a few stars, but still are not in the Top 100 convo yet. Gonzaga(WCAC-DC) will have a bunch of D1 lacrosse/rugby players that buy into the team concept with a few FBS level football talents per usual.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

I know, I know. I too question their depth each season. Yet they compete and play hard for 48 mins per game. 

BNU opponents MOV in losses this year:

PC 7

SPP 12

BC 14

DBP 14

SJR 17

And they played mostly juniors and sophs. It's a reach, but I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt for now. Their staff should treat Saturday night as the start of the 2017 season! 

MOV???