September 25th: Dutch Fork (South Carolina) at Brookwood (Georgia)

RedZone

Brookwood will get smashed in this game. They had a special team of senior talent a couple years ago when they beat Colquitt during the regular season, but ended up fizzling out in the playoffs. Without massive transfers, I would not expect them to be much improved over their 2019 team.

Dutch Fork has an established program and seems to reload annually. They are a very well coached team, as well.

There's absolutely nothing to suggest Brookwood will be competitive in this matchup.

14 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

But Brookwood though? 

You could've atleast gave em @Rufus69 poor tiny undersized Hawgs... 

The Hawgs are truly undersized and tiny now under the tutelage of a new coach and have apparently retracted from seeking out of state powers. They are now doing what they were always accused of in the past. Desperately seeking softies to pad the wins for the new coach. 

Or, so it would seem anyway. xD

We'll see how the new way of doing everything pans out come playoff time. No excuses this year imo. The mannerisms of the staff on the sideline of Parkview in the playoffs last season still burned into my memory and make me sick to my damn stomach. Timeouts in the pocket and everything. Smh. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, RedZone said:

The internet is cool!

If Brookwood was from Florida nolebob0803 would hate gardenball's guts. 

lol

I already told him to stop throwing Florida teams to the wolves. 

And you are the one posting threads about the 2437th team in the country. What does that say about you? No Louisiana games worth a shit? 

Just know there are 3 Florida teams coming to clean up what Deerfield Beach did last year. 

• Haha 2

17 hours ago, CCBlackhatter said:

Brookwood will get smashed in this game. They had a special team of senior talent a couple years ago when they beat Colquitt during the regular season, but ended up fizzling out in the playoffs.

They had so many transfers that season lmao that’s why they were good. Dante Black that RB was a North Gwinnett backup and moved to Brookwood and exploded. They also had several kids move in from South Gwinnett and Grayson

• 4 months later...

Dutch Fork is going to manhandle Brookwood. Brookwood went 7-4 in 2018, yet we beat them by 35. Dutch Fork is a great nationally-ranked team, so they should easily beat Brookwood. If they can't, they can just shut down their football program permanently.

On 2/17/2020 at 8:11 PM, GardenStateBaller said:

This is a PGL game. I pitched higher profile teams to DF, but TK wanted to lay low since they’re already playing IMG. 

Do games only matter if it involves nationally top 10 teams outside of that teams are pure shit per your line of thinking. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, ngdawg said:

Dutch Fork is going to manhandle Brookwood. Brookwood went 7-4 in 2018, yet we beat them by 35. Dutch Fork is a great nationally-ranked team, so they should easily beat Brookwood. If they can't, they can just shut down their football program permanently.

In 2018..... 

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

In 2018..... 

Brookwood has been on a sharp decline. In 2017, they made the state semis and lost to Colquitt County. In 2018, they went 7-4 and lost in the first round. In 2019, they went 4-7 and choked a large lead and lost in the first round. It isn't especially looking too good for them.

1 hour ago, ngdawg said:

Brookwood has been on a sharp decline. In 2017, they made the state semis and lost to Colquitt County. In 2018, they went 7-4 and lost in the first round. In 2019, they went 4-7 and choked a large lead and lost in the first round. It isn't especially looking too good for them.

Yeah I can understand why anyone would assume that, but the game still has to be played at the end of the day. Brookwood could fuck around and pull the upset. Can't just completely write them off.

2 hours ago, FootballGuy said:

Yeah I can understand why anyone would assume that, but the game still has to be played at the end of the day. Brookwood could fuck around and pull the upset. Can't just completely write them off.

Can't completely write them off, but I'd give Dutch Fork a 98% chance to win. I do see that DF gets a lot of hate nationally because some people think they're overrated, but they can definitely handle an average Brookwood team that's between cycles of relevance.

On 2/17/2020 at 3:16 PM, RedZone said:

Also,  Greater Atlanta Christian will travel to Memphis to play Christian Brothers.....Aug 21

Just throwing it out there. 

I'll take GAC over Christian Brothers in that one. For a second, I thought it was Christian Brothers from Missouri.

1 minute ago, Omaha Vol said:

You mean the same Memphis Chr. Bros. that BEAT the Missouri state champion Chr. Bros.? 

Yes. Memphis CB has been on a steady decline, much like Brookwood. They went 12-1 in 2017, 8-4 in 2018, and 6-5 in 2019. I trust GAC enough for them to defeat Memphis CB. They are a good team despite their classification. 

• 3 weeks later...