NFL Playoff Players You Saw in High School

15yds4gibberish

The two that jump out to me are Diggs (Good Counsel) and Haskins (Bullis). It was easy to project Diggs as a guy who would play on Sundays but Haskins surprised me...he was damn good but his competition was mediocre so you didn't know for sure how good he was. Turned out to be a first round pick.

13 hours ago, 954gator said:

Um he was sick!

Fun fact in 2012 STA had Joey and Nick Bosa on the field at the same time .    

Hopefully This Happens for the 49ers in 2021 when Joey is a Free Agent!!! :) :) :) 

My Brother Played Against Tom Brady in High School and Owns the Distinction of Sacking Him although he shredded their defense for 40+ Points.... :) 

The best players I played with or against in HS didn't make it to the NFL that I know of....  

The Closest was Mike Palawaski who played QB for our Team and went to Cal on a Scholarship and led them to a 10-3 Record his Senior Year.... He Had a short Stint with Tampa Bay but that was it... He was an incredible player and Athlete in HS, also made All State as a DB... He was also the starting Catcher on our CIF Champion Baseball team and hit a Bomb at Dodger Stadium in the CIF Title Game.... :) 

I Did Play Jr All American Football Against the Great OC Running Back Derek Brown who went to Nebraska and I think played a few years for the Saints... But he went to Servite and My High School did not play Servite...

1 hour ago, THEOC89 said:

Hopefully This Happens for the 49ers in 2021 when Joey is a Free Agent!!! :) :) :) 

My Brother Played Against Tom Brady in High School and Owns the Distinction of Sacking Him although he shredded their defense for 40+ Points.... :) 

The best players I played with or against in HS didn't make it to the NFL that I know of....  

The Closest was Mike Palawaski who played QB for our Team and went to Cal on a Scholarship and led them to a 10-3 Record his Senior Year.... He Had a short Stint with Tampa Bay but that was it... He was an incredible player and Athlete in HS, also made All State as a DB... He was also the starting Catcher on our CIF Champion Baseball team and hit a Bomb at Dodger Stadium in the CIF Title Game.... :) 

I Did Play Jr All American Football Against the Great OC Running Back Derek Brown who went to Nebraska and I think played a few years for the Saints... But he went to Servite and My High School did not play Servite...

What high school did you go to?

3 hours ago, zulu1128 said:

I think so. Maybe...let me check.

Man what's it like in the paradise city of Youngstown... 

Since you know nobody on this board goes anywhere According to Block.  

And everybody outside of NorCal is a poor peasent living in the south in that pea sized brain of his... 

Oh woe is those of us who don't live in Foolsom

4 minutes ago, maxchoboian said:

He isn't a player in this year's playoffs, but he's a coach. Watched Kyle Shanahan play WR at Cherry Creek HS. He was a good athlete to have on a high school team, but by no means a standout. He probably understood the opponent's coverages more than most though.

Didn't hurt to have a Dad who was a Super Bowl winning head coach either.

• Like 2

Don't know how I forgot Marcedes Lewis.  He was one of the 2001 'Fab Five ' at LBP.  That was back in an ancient age when SoCal HS players went to SoCal college's...Lewis was the only one of the 5 to choose the good school.  The other four made a poor choice...Probably explains why Lewis is the one that has been in the NFL for so long...😎

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Have seen dozens of players over the years... but the most memorable was meeting and talking with Mercedes Lewis the week of the first Poly DLS game. I stopped by the Poly pracitce field and Lewis was walking in and spotted me. He came over and offerred his hand ( I think he thought I may have been a scout or with the press ) and said hi.

What was cool is that when I told him I was neither, he still hung around and we talked footbhall and his expectations for the future for about 15 minutes or so. The young man had remarkable class for his age and I have enjoyed watching his success since.

h

• Like 5

On 1/14/2020 at 12:54 PM, THEOC89 said:

Servite was my high school, and I've been around a long time, so I've seen a ton of NFL players including Derek Brown. Also from Servite, I've seen Blaine Nye - Cowboys, Turk Schonert - Bengals, Steve Beuerlein - Panthers, Matt Kalil - Vikings, Troy Niklas - Cardinals, Equanimeous St. Brown - Packers. In addition, probably another dozen or so  Friars who made brief appearances in the NFL.

Add to those several players for St. Paul (tell 'em Sammy), Bishop Amat, (Pat Haden, JK McKay jr, Paul McDonald), Pius X (Darrin Nelson), St Anthony (kicker Carney whose first name I forgot) and Mater Dei (Matt Barkley) to name a few. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Slotback Right said:

Servite was my high school, and I've been around a long time, so I've seen a ton of NFL players including Derek Brown. Also from Servite, I've seen Blaine Nye - Cowboys, Turk Schonert - Bengals, Steve Beuerlein - Panthers, Matt Kalil - Vikings, Troy Niklas - Cardinals, Equanimeous St. Brown - Packers. In addition, probably another dozen or so  Friars who made brief appearances in the NFL.

Add to those several players for St. Paul (tell 'em Sammy), Bishop Amat, (Pat Haden, JK McKay jr, Paul McDonald), Pius X (Darrin Nelson), St Anthony (kicker Carney whose first name I forgot) and Mater Dei (Matt Barkley) to name a few. 

More Angeles League guys:  Bill Bain, Matt Willig, Ed Luther, Eric Bienemy, Kevin Nelson, John Schiarra, Cory Minor, Daylon McCutcheon

Also Carson Palmer, Deshaun Foster, Sam Bam Cunninham, Marcedes Lewis, Desean Jackson, JuJu Smith, Manuel Wright, Darnell Bing,

I forgot about this guy, which is unforgivable, considering that he was on a team that I coached at Servite. 🥴 Sorry Bill.

BILL LEER
Leer, William Rudolph
Height: 6-4 Weight: 253
Born: 5/27/1957 Glendale, CA
High School: Servite (Anaheim, CA)
College: Colorado State [1975L 1976 1977L 1978L] 
Draft: 11th round (292nd overall) 1979 Atlanta Falcons