NS RB Zach Evans

rockinl

12 minutes ago, The Guru said:

Paid evaluators get this shit wrong all the time. As in every single year they miss on guys. Coaches miss on guys, too. all the time.

Yet you never miss on guys! What's your secret? Wait, you are the same clown that said Coach O was a bum about 200 times.

Anyways, in my opinion.

Evans does not have a violent style of running, but he is an "elite" high school RB.

8 minutes ago, The Guru said:

He doesn't have elite tools.

I'd even suggest that not one of his single tools is elite.

So if ECHS would support his assessment that Evans is elite because he has elite tools, would you be good with that? Your only argument that he is not elite is that he doesn't have elite tools. I don't see anything else in the thread that you used to support your opinion.

Maybe you have reasons for feeling he is not elite, so go ahead and share those before calling out others for not providing evidence to back up their opinions.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, The Guru said:

I can't wait until 2 years from now when LSU might be 9-4 again and then this reverses.

Anybody can make themselves look right in a snapshot.

So you won't admit you were wrong 200 times, but you instead want to wait 2, 3, or 4 years to possibly have some sort of justification for looking like a dumbass in 2019?

That's good stuff....

I don’t know why folks waste their time with “guru”.  There are plenty of evaluations on ZE highlighting his strengths and weaknesses.  This thread was started to discuss his off field issues: 

[Dynamically athletic running back with prototype size and frame potential relative to the position. Owns college-ready build with frame space to add more bulk. Flashes elite athleticism verified in combine testing environment. Makes it look easy, sometimes to the point that it's deceptive. Shows great top-end speed and outstanding close-quarters lateral mobility confirmed by a 3.91 shuttle. Flashes devastating start-stop-start ability in close quarters, coupled with impressive hesitation stutter. Effortlessly strings moves together in the open field to elude multiple defenders. Chameleon in ability to alter running styles, going from elusive darter to hole-punching, straight-line galloper. Home run hitter with high-volume capability. Patient and presses the line of scrimmage to set up blocks. Size and strength potential could provide high ceiling in blitz pickup. At times dances in the backfield rather than accelerating through the hole. Sometimes an upright runner who presents a bigger target. Does not always finish runs with expected strength. Will try to bounce runs too often. Could get on the field immediately at high-major level and become a Power 5 star, in addition to first-round NFL Draft ceiling.]

• Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Does not always finish runs with expected strength

That's what I've seen.......he's not a very violent runner at this stage.

I've seen some violent RBs in Louisiana that knocked helmets off of guys and hurt them for trying to tackle them. Animals.

Evans checks a lot of boxes though and is still "elite". Not sure if you can teach someone to be violent, but if Evans comes to the SEC he'll get a chance.

17 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

I don’t know why folks waste their time with “guru”.  There are plenty of evaluations on ZE highlighting his strengths and weaknesses.  This thread was started to discuss his off field issues: 

[Dynamically athletic running back with prototype size and frame potential relative to the position. Owns college-ready build with frame space to add more bulk. Flashes elite athleticism verified in combine testing environment. Makes it look easy, sometimes to the point that it's deceptive. Shows great top-end speed and outstanding close-quarters lateral mobility confirmed by a 3.91 shuttle. Flashes devastating start-stop-start ability in close quarters, coupled with impressive hesitation stutter. Effortlessly strings moves together in the open field to elude multiple defenders. Chameleon in ability to alter running styles, going from elusive darter to hole-punching, straight-line galloper. Home run hitter with high-volume capability. Patient and presses the line of scrimmage to set up blocks. Size and strength potential could provide high ceiling in blitz pickup. At times dances in the backfield rather than accelerating through the hole. Sometimes an upright runner who presents a bigger target. Does not always finish runs with expected strength. Will try to bounce runs too often. Could get on the field immediately at high-major level and become a Power 5 star, in addition to first-round NFL Draft ceiling.]

Who's the author of this masterpiece?😎

BGW

1 minute ago, RedZone said:

That's what I've seen.......he's not a very violent runner at this stage.

I've seen some violent RBs in Louisiana that knocked helmets off of guys and hurt them for trying to tackle them. Animals.

Evans checks a lot of boxes though and is still "elite". Not sure if you can teach someone to be violent, but if Evans comes to the SEC he'll get a chance.

Right now his biggest issue is himself.  He won’t get a chance to grow and develop as a RB if he doesn’t fix that 

• Thanks 1