Holy Sh*t Batman, 22 Losses!!!

181pl

16 minutes ago, The Guru said:

The eye test is the easiest way to fail in evaluating teams. It's the same reason why eyewitness accounts are the worst kind of evidence: people mistake what they're seeing.

All the arguments for Texas are built on artifice and/or assumptions.

"The crowds are bigger so, therefore, the games must be more important"

"The coaches are paid the most so, therefore, they must be the best"

"The playoffs have so many undefeated teams so, therefore, the competition is the toughest"

So on and so forth.

It’s also amazing that Texas guys claim these massive paid attendance figures, then blame lack of budget/ funding as an excuse not to go OOS.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Sammyswordsman said:

It’s also amazing that Texas guys claim these massive paid attendance figures, then blame lack of budget/ funding as an excuse not to go OOS.

Could it be that these programs fund other athletics within the same school. The wide range socioeconomics are real. Different Regions of the country present different challenges. How is this factored in with your analytical model?

1 hour ago, Sammyswordsman said:

You know Sammy, if I was Texas.. I wouldn't say a whole lot.

Texas has a nice program set up by community, fervor, coaching, athletes and massive attendance.

With that kind of equity and liquidity, you would have to come to me and I would pick and choose or do nothing.

And not give a shit, protect the brand and tell the needy to fuck off.

My dos centavos,

BGW

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Guru said:

Every high school in America does the same thing.

Stop making stupid arguments.

Look dumbass if you think the economics and tax base scenarios are the same throughout the entire country then you truly are a moron. Did you factor these models in your analysis 

8 minutes ago, MTP28 said:

Look dumbass if you think the economics and tax base scenarios are the same throughout the entire country then you truly are a moron. Did you factor these models in your analysis 

That's great but that's not what I quoted from you.

You repeated a stupid and often repeated claim that is true for every high school in America.

Stop doing it.

1 hour ago, The Guru said:

Every high school in America does the same thing.

Stop making stupid arguments.

Just now, MTP28 said:

It’s a relevant observation when discussing your model of the best teams in the nation along with there schedule. 

56 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Texas has a nice program set up by community, fervor, coaching, athletes and massive attendance.

With that kind of equity and liquidity, you would have to come to me and I would pick and choose or do nothing.

My dos centavos,

BGW

Texas is so good, as is Fla, that they almost can always say every yr that they get the presumption.

Opposite end of the spectrum:  I'm looking on my NJ thread, and we just are in a fog, wandering around, telling each other how good we are.  We are so complacent.  I watch SJB, MD, NS, STA, and DV (I saw SFA live, but it wasn't their best game--a bit lethargic, but give Joes credit for that), and if I were involved, that's what I would aspire to.  That's how Toal rolled.  But we just play grab ass.  I'm not saying being tops nationally SHOULD be the goal, but if it is, then for openers we have to stop deluding ourselves. 

I only saw 2 NJ teams that I know for sure could play with and not embarrass against the top 6 teams this year:  2009 Bosco, and 2011 Bosco.  2002 and 2003 probably could, too, but the game's gotten so different in the last 15 yrs that it's tough to judge those teams.  2010 was up there, too. 

BC's team that hung tough against IMG.  I'd give them some thought.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

My dos centavos,

BGW

That would be great if TX posters just did that but they come on the national board to whine, cry and pound their chest about other people’s opinion of them. If they don’t care then stay out the national discussion.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, MTP28 said:

Could it be that these programs fund other athletics within the same school. The wide range socioeconomics are real. Different Regions of the country present different challenges. How is this factored in with your analytical model?

At Columbia each sport funds themselves, the football gate goes to athletic budget but the only thing the school budget pays for other sports is basic travel costs, everything else comes from fundraising/donations/player fees 

I'm sure that's how much public's in Florida have to Operate as they lack funds, normally the Florida teams travel because it's cheaper to travel once given a stipend then it is to try and pay some powerhouse to come to them 

1 hour ago, MTP28 said:

Look Texas puts forth a huge amount of dollars for their HS football programs. It shows just by the million $ stadiums they build. And by virtue of claims that every game is sold out then they should absolutely have enough funds to schedule oos travel games. I'm not saying all the Texas posters are bad, but I'm saying for all the Texas posters that say NS or DV or any other high profile Texas school can take down MD or SJB  or complain about SJB and MD being #1 then put your money where your mouth is and start facilitating OOS games. Otherwise just be happy with your multi level state championships and let the teams that do venture into OOS enjoy their championships.   

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Norcalnut said:

That would be great if TX posters just did that but they come on the national board to whine, cry and pound their chest about other people’s opinion of them. If they don’t care then stay out the national discussion.

Yep. But you know my TEXAS brethren love to talk shit, hell they can have empty pastures and wear that expensive hat. 

I love Texas, always will... but Texas is getting too city for this long lanky cowboy. 

BGW

• Haha 1