I'm amazed!

Fred

A thread gets started on a high school football topic (duh, that is why we are here after all) then 2 or 3 or 4 get into a pissing contest and blow the thread up trying to prove their point which may or may not be about what the thread was started for.  A thread that has maybe 2 to 3 pages tops about the topic is up to 8 pages.  It makes it really tough to have or follow a football discussion, especially for those of us that don't live on the board.  Give it a rest guys...or start a flame war on a separate thread so the rest of us don't have to wade through the crap looking for football talk.  Just my $.02 and of course your mileage will vary.

6 hours ago, Fred said:

A thread gets started on a high school football topic (duh, that is why we are here after all) then 2 or 3 or 4 get into a pissing contest and blow the thread up trying to prove their point which may or may not be about what the thread was started for.  A thread that has maybe 2 to 3 pages tops about the topic is up to 8 pages.  It makes it really tough to have or follow a football discussion, especially for those of us that don't live on the board.  Give it a rest guys...or start a flame war on a separate thread so the rest of us don't have to wade through the crap looking for football talk.  Just my $.02 and of course your mileage will vary.

I think the mods have some nifty tools available to try splitting discussions like these without censoring either part of the conversation, but the tools are still new to us so we have been hesitant/afraid to use them that they may negatively affect the conversation. 

I'm thinking that we failed you this time on the subject, but if one of the mods is around when a conversation variance begins like that again, we can attempt to divide the conversation as necessary while not really affecting the conversation(s) from a moderation stand point. 

I was definitely enjoying both conversations in your thread, while trying to contribute to only the pertinent portion to the subject matter of the title. 

Will start testing out some of these new tools for sure. 

Apologies for letting that one get away from us, because there really was some great football discussion going on in there. 

• Like 3

18 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I think the mods have some nifty tools available to try splitting discussions like these without censoring either part of the conversation, but the tools are still new to us so we have been hesitant/afraid to use them that they may negatively affect the conversation. 

I'm thinking that we failed you this time on the subject, but if one of the mods is around when a conversation variance begins like that again, we can attempt to divide the conversation as necessary while not really affecting the conversation(s) from a moderation stand point. 

I was definitely enjoying both conversations in your thread, while trying to contribute to only the pertinent portion to the subject matter of the title. 

Will start testing out some of these new tools for sure. 

Apologies for letting that one get away from us, because there really was some great football discussion going on in there. 

I appreciate your comments and while my thread triggered the frustration enough to say something, I see it regularly on lots of threads.  It gets beyond healthy discussion and becomes personal attacks.  I fully realize this is an open board and the owners and mods do this because y'all love the game and the discussion.  I appreciate the work that goes into this especially because I won't out in the work to do it.  I just wish people would stay more focused on the topic at hand and shy away from the character assassination.  Wishful thinking I know.  I wish we had unbiased media again too.  :)

• Like 1