Schiano hire already paying dividends

paladin4ever

1 minute ago, sausmann9 said:

What's funny about a team  getting a really good coach back on their staff and elevating a program that has the potential to be decent and not a doormat?

He doesn’t Grasp how bad Rutgers was, we’re not claiming we’re gonna be in College playoffs but fuck if we can get to 500 next year there will be a parade in NJ next year

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, sausmann9 said:

What's funny about a team  getting a really good coach back on their staff and elevating a program that has the potential to be decent and not a doormat?

Everything...

Greg Schiano's last 5 years at Rutgers.......had a  good season in 2006 after posting billboards in South Florida and had 30 Florida Players on the roster.......that ship has sailed. Flop!

2007 Rutgers 8–5 3–4 T–5th      
2008 Rutgers 8–5 5–2 T–2nd      
2009 Rutgers 9–4 3–4 T–4th      
2010 Rutgers 4–8 1–6 8th      
2011 Rutgers 9–4 4–3 T–4th

Just now, imaGoodBoyNow said:

They offered him as a Athlete 

the kid said he wants to play QB but he also so if he’s not the best QB on team He will play another position 

I’ll find the article where he said that

Ok well that makes sense then if he is willing to play a different position but it's not exactly like Rutgers has a great qb on the roster 

1 minute ago, HSFBfan said:

Ok well that makes sense then if he is willing to play a different position but it's not exactly like Rutgers has a great qb on the roster 

Powell will enroll at Rutgers in January and apply for a waiver to bypass NCAA transfer rules and avoid sitting out for a year. He has four years of eligibility remaining.

When he is eligible -- whether that be next season or 2021 -- Powell expects to compete for the starting quarterback position. If that does not work out, he is open to playing other positions, he said.

“I’m going in to play quarterback and compete for that job. Everything else will come after that,” Powell said. “If I don’t get it, then I’m going to use my athletic ability to get on the field. I can play in the slot, outside (receiver) or defensive back, anything really.”

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

Powell will enroll at Rutgers in January and apply for a waiver to bypass NCAA transfer rules and avoid sitting out for a year. He has four years of eligibility remaining.

When he is eligible -- whether that be next season or 2021 -- Powell expects to compete for the starting quarterback position. If that does not work out, he is open to playing other positions, he said.

“I’m going in to play quarterback and compete for that job. Everything else will come after that,” Powell said. “If I don’t get it, then I’m going to use my athletic ability to get on the field. I can play in the slot, outside (receiver) or defensive back, anything really.”

Db to me is perfect for an ex qb. They have the eyes to read what's going on. 

But like I said 1-11 is very possible for Rutgers next year 

1 hour ago, HSFBfan said:

Schiano got himself a 6-7 TE from blair who started at don bosco

kid is a project ...most likely will become an OT for Rutgers with that size....only question is does this kid have a mauling mentality....in short time period like what Schiano has accomplished....they need to compete and close the gap and as he said "  pass a moving target " which is the middle of the big ten teams....3-5 years.....and recruit your ass off Greg 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, SJR89 said:

kid is a project ...most likely will become an OT for Rutgers with that size....only question is does this kid have a mauling mentality....in short time period like what Schiano has accomplished....they need to compete and close the gap and as he said "  pass a moving target " which is the middle of the big ten teams....3-5 years.....and recruit your ass off Greg 

Why not keep him at TE?? That's a huge RZ target. Baylor has had some big TE in the past couple of years as well. Oregon as well. Point be if he has hands keep him at TE

Just now, HSFBfan said:

Why not keep him at TE?? That's a huge RZ target. Baylor has had some big TE in the past couple of years as well. Oregon as well. Point be if he has hands keep him at TE

so just a Guess on him playing OT.....watched his highlights....looks good...but he is playing at Blair....not fleet of foot....if your compare him at TE next year vs Matt Alaimo and Jon Lewis on RU....he is not in that class...redshirt this guy...weights and milkshakes at 2am and get this guy to 310 and put him at OT for the next 3 years.....look at Mike Mclinchey on 49ers...Notre Dame OT....6'7 and athletic....that is where he should be ....

1 minute ago, SJR89 said:

so just a Guess on him playing OT.....watched his highlights....looks good...but he is playing at Blair....not fleet of foot....if your compare him at TE next year vs Matt Alaimo and Jon Lewis on RU....he is not in that class...redshirt this guy...weights and milkshakes at 2am and get this guy to 310 and put him at OT for the next 3 years.....look at Mike Mclinchey on 49ers...Notre Dame OT....6'7 and athletic....that is where he should be ....

Why are u comparing a TE to 2 QBs??

Mcclinchley is one of the best OT in the game

• Haha 1

Matt Alaimo was a TE at SJR ,,,,transferred to RU from Ucla....RU converted Jon Lewis from QB to TE 2yrs ago when lost out in QB battle....before Lewis had a season ending injury he was the starter at TE at RU this last year and Alaimo was his backup.....

Victors body type could be like Mclinchey at that weight with athleticism 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, SJR89 said:

Matt Alaimo was a TE at SJR ,,,,transferred to RU from Ucla....RU converted Jon Lewis from QB to TE 2yrs ago when lost out in QB battle....before Lewis had a season ending injury he was the starter at TE at RU this last year and Alaimo was his backup.....

Victors body type could be like Mclinchey at that weight with athleticism 

Wrong alaimo sorry my fault 

I thought lewis was still trying to be QB

Sorry dont pay attention to Rutgers ever

Didnt multiple people on here say alaimo would not stay at UCLA before he went there??

1 minute ago, HSFBfan said:

Wrong alaimo sorry my fault 

I thought lewis was still trying to be QB

Sorry dont pay attention to Rutgers ever

Didnt multiple people on here say alaimo would not stay at UCLA before he went there??

yes we all did....back to this....this kid should be a tackle unless he gets fast real quick.....