1. 1. Who wins this matchup

• Marietta
    • Eastside Catholic
  2. 2. Who wins

• STA
    • St. Louis

Good win for GA

EC has a very pedigreed roster of talent, won WA and beat OR champ 

that said,  I picked Marietta — EC didn’t show this year as a team that dominated PNW and had a tight game vs Pnnacle AZ — they appeared to be at the same level as a few other teams 

margin is impressive — Congrats to Marietta and GA

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Buttmunch said:

Thanks. Looks like ESPNU has a game on in the 1st quarter but guessing they will switch at 9:30 EST. 

No. They'll tell you to download the ESPN app to watch the GEICO series live until the end of the bowl game. When you download the app and fire it up, it will tell you that it wants permission to access your contacts, files and photos. Idk why the app needs those accesses to show you a live football stream though. 

I just waited the out the college game's last 3 minutes last night, and missed two Marietta scores. 

With all the defense that STA apparently plays, I doubt we miss any scores tonight. It does look like this game will end in time that you won't need to give up any privacies to watch the game though. 

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

No. They'll tell you to download the ESPN app to watch the GEICO series live until the end of the bowl game. When you download the app and fire it up, it will tell you that it wants permission to access your contacts, files and photos. Idk why the app needs those accesses to show you a live football stream though. 

I just waited the out the college game's last 3 minutes last night, and missed two Marietta scores. 

With all the defense that STA apparently plays, I doubt we miss any scores tonight. It does look like this game will end in time that you won't need to give up any privacies to watch the game though. 

This surprises me.  I have the ESPN app on an ipad and they didn't (and don't) ask me for any private info.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Wosinc said:

This surprises me.  I have the ESPN app on an ipad and they didn't (and don't) ask me for any private info.

It may depend on what settings you have already allowed through the apple store. I don't use Iphone/Ipad so idk about those. 

Dead serious, when I downloaded the ESPN app from google play and opened it for the first time, it requested those permissions. Now, obviously, I said not no, but hell no, and then it just wanted me to create and account etc. Still, why would it even want those permissions? If I could get around to thinking there was an obvious reason for it, I may not question it at all, just either allow or disallow the requests, but, in this situation, I can't understand why they would even ask. 

Anything like that is an open door for someone to hack into your stuff through site weaknesses from ESPN regardless of what type of security you have on your device.

Remember the movie The Lost Boys? It's sorta like inviting the vampire into your home. None of your tests like garlic, a mirror, holy water etc. will work to identify the invitee as a vampire, because you invited him in. 

• Haha 1

On 12/16/2019 at 10:58 PM, HawgGoneIt said:

Marietta lost to McEachern and Grayson. McEachern lost to North Gwinnett who lost to Colquitt and Lowndes. Grayson lost to Colquitt and Lowndes. Colquitt lost to Lowndes. Lowndes lost to Marietta. 

xD

It was a crazy year. 

And that is why daisy chaining means nothing.

• Like 1

On 12/17/2019 at 9:01 PM, badrouter said:

But the rematch almost always favors the team that lost the 1st time. And, regardless, that just means the teams split the season series. That they'd lose in any circumstances to that team by three touchdowns tells you EC isn't nationally elite.

Common perception that statistics don't prove, at least in GA.  One of our historians that runs the Maxwell ratings says it is much closer to 50/50.  I forget what the exact percentage was/is but it is not what everyone thinks.

On 12/17/2019 at 9:41 PM, badrouter said:

One could very easily give a long list of football rematches in college and prep history where the team who lost the 1st game did much better the second game. It's objective fact. Even if the winner is the same in both games, the margin of victory is almost always less the second time around. I don't have time to put together a long list at the moment. But, the results heavily lean in the direction I mentioned.

Much as I hate to be seen agreeing with NOR, statistics would prove you wrong on the game outcome.  You might be right on the score but the win/lose is much closer to 50/50 than most believe.  That is data from a mathematician that is a member of the Ga High School Football Historians and produces the Maxwell rankings in GA.

On 12/21/2019 at 1:13 AM, badrouter said:

If memory serves, they've had losing seasons in three of the last four years. That has a lot to do with the quality of the competition of course. But, it makes sense to expect a down year next year for them. There aren't many dud programs in their area, so they don't figure to be able to poach a lot of talent from other teams.

One year they had a losing season because of the forfeits.  Last year they had I think the toughest schedule in GA.  Their first five games were against top 25 national teams I think and several of those games could have gone the other way.

• Thanks 1